No announcement yet.

Chess league discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess league discussion thread

Following up on some discussion last week on a thread started by Trick Tony I figured I'd at least throw up a thread and see what kinda interest there might be in a Lounge chess league or competition or something.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=861496

Early days right now and I ain't got a fixed idea of what kinda format it'd take, though most likely I'd guess round robin, knockout or a longer term league format, mainly I just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in giving it a shot and if so how many and what sorta format people would prefer.

Gonna include a poll of what sorta format folk would prefer, but feel free to throw in ideas you might have over what sort of game lengths would be prefered and anything else you might think of... just as with the Pick Em I'd be thinking about something pretty light hearted, kinda competitive fun and IDK... might even think about some kinda handicap system or whatever. Main thing is if you're interested get your name down and then we can figure out details once we see how many peoples - idf any - we got interested.
    ROUND ROBIN TOURNEY
    44.44%
    KNOCKOUT TOURNEY
    11.11%
    POINTS BASED LEAGUE
    33.33%
    OTHER (SPECIFY IN THREAD)
    11.11%

The poll is expired.

I like chess. I'm with you on this if you get it going.......Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      I like chess. I'm with you on this if you get it going.......Rockin'
      Superb, man, I think we had 2 or 3 people at least on Trick Tony's thread say they were interested am I'm sure there'll be a few more.

Comment

I know how to play but I’m not good. Never learned any strategy or anything. I’d still get in if something materializes.

Comment

Originally posted by ralex View Post
          I know how to play but Iím not good. Never learned any strategy or anything. Iíd still get in if something materializes.
          Yeah inevitably we're gonna have players from a lot of different levels so I don't whether we'd want to handicap or whatever, or if we use a league system maybe devise a system of more points for beating higher ranked players or whatever... IDK. main thing right now is just to gauge interest and see what people would like and how many want to give it a go.

Comment

I voted for points based system. I'm down for it. Still been playing on chess.com

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
              Following up on some discussion last week on a thread started by Trick Tony I figured I'd at least throw up a thread and see what kinda interest there might be in a Lounge chess league or competition or something.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=861496

Early days right now and I ain't got a fixed idea of what kinda format it'd take, though most likely I'd guess round robin, knockout or a longer term league format, mainly I just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in giving it a shot and if so how many and what sorta format people would prefer.

Gonna include a poll of what sorta format folk would prefer, but feel free to throw in ideas you might have over what sort of game lengths would be prefered and anything else you might think of... just as with the Pick Em I'd be thinking about something pretty light hearted, kinda competitive fun and IDK... might even think about some kinda handicap system or whatever. Main thing is if you're interested get your name down and then we can figure out details once we see how many peoples - idf any - we got interested.
              Let me know when you will be doing a poker event, Koba.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                I voted for points based system. I'm down for it. Still been playing on chess.com
                My friends are fast play Polish jews..

They go to Santa Monica Beach and they destroy guys who learned standard simple chess moves in prison..

Iím still learning how to move prices and peices...

My lil homie Greg is a bad azz chess player..

He is online defeating masters

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                  Let me know when you will be doing a poker event, Koba.
                  My lil Jamaican always down for the action!!!

Iím trying to learn pinche pinuccle

I grew up on chinese majohn
                  Say hello to busted azz cheeks and sunspace!!!

Epic victories!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                    My friends are fast play Polish jews..

They go to Santa Monica Beach and they destroy guys who learned standard simple chess moves in prison..

Iím still learning how to move prices and peices...

My lil homie Greg is a bad azz chess player..

He is online defeating masters
                    Yeah I've just gotten into it and still learning. It's a lot of fun once you get into it.

Comment

Working...
                    X