No announcement yet.

taking the knee....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taking the knee....

The death of George Floyd provoked widespread protests around the globe, with 'taking the knee' adopted as the symbol of the movements. Leaders such as Justin Trudeau have taken the knee to show 'solidarity'. As the stadiums have been opened up, the knee has been booed by the public, notably the England football team were booed by its own fans for doing so this week.
    Some have condemned these boos as ignorant and racist, bemoaning the 'white privilege' of those who can't identify with the black community.
    The proponents of 'taking the knee' say it is an incredibly powerful symbol to 'raise awareness' of racism, and have vowed to carry on with this as it 'challenges thoughts' and keeps 'the fight against racism' in the public eye. They say the fact that people are against the knee is all the evidence needed that the war must go on.
    However, its detractors say it is an ultimately pointless gesture unlikely to change views, submissive in its physical presentation and is creating further division by constantly reinforcing differences between people of different ethnicities, rather than celebrating humanity as one.
    Do people think this gesture has advanced the fight against racism?
    taking the knee has been positive
    50.00%
    taking the knee has been negative
    50.00%

If Floyd would have complied, taken a knee, than we wouldn't even be talking about the guy or the 'knee' that he should have taken.
    The Knights Who say Nee! - YouTube

It's a silent attack of the police and this countries laws that they see are being followed .........Rockin'
    Last edited by Rockin'; 06-06-2021, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Lol "fight against racism"

Most of this BS just turns people away from BLM (as well as the mass rioting/looting)

Pointless gesture which does fck all positive and just pisses normal people off who want to watch sports and get away from everyday BS and unwind

Comment

Black ppl are still oppressed even in the 21st century. Any peaceful stance like taking the knee is good. If ppl are booing motions like that it is a clear sign they don’t acknowledge there is still acts of racism happening on a daily basis around the world.

Taking the knee is a harmless little thing yet it is sending a clear and important message, it shouldnt be angering ppl. George Floyd was a cvnt and I don’t care that he is dead but it isn’t about George it is about the death of a black man unlawfully and at the hands of the police of all ppl. They are the police they ain’t judge dredd.

Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

I see we have another KKK rally in the lounge.....
          Zaroku Zaroku siablo14 siablo14 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX.... View Post
            I see we have another KKK rally in the lounge.....
            where?......

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post

where?......
              you are the grandmaster in this thread
              siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

I still take a knee during our morning motivational huddle at work.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX.... View Post

you are the grandmaster in this thread
                  please tell me they didnt genuinely make you a moderator on here...

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post

please tell me they didnt genuinely make you a moderator on here...
                    Yep Larry banned me for a month back in Feb

Comment

Working...
                    X