No announcement yet.

Can't Get You Out of My Head

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Get You Out of My Head

A magnum Opus from Adam Curtis... 8 effing episodes of it and I watched one so far, looking at some of the ways the world came to be as it is today, so maybe we can come to better understand the challenges that face us for tomorrow.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/adam...out-of-my-head

https://www.esquire.com/uk/culture/t...cumentary-bbc/

https://www.newstatesman.com/culture...useless-crisis

Trailer:

Episode 1:

It's a long watch - and of course only one man's window on the world - but I'm finding it interesting so far, many of the topics I already knew something about, but it's the first time I've seen it strung together in this type of narrative. We all know the world ain't right, but we seem to have alot of problems agreeing on what precisely is wrong with it and what the answers are... not sure you'll find 'em here, just more questions maybe, but that ain't necessarily a bad thing to my mind.

Anyways, figured I'd share.
    TheMyspaceDayz TheMyspaceDayz likes this.

Oh yeah and apologies to anyone who was hoping for a sneaky peak at a younger Kylie's fine little ass...
    here ya go..

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
      Oh yeah and apologies to anyone who was hoping for a sneaky peak at a younger Kylie's fine little ass...
      here ya go..

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c18441Eh_WE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
      I would have been so mad if you didn't post this.

Unrelated to anything (well that first trailer video freaked me out with the music and that demonic tiktok video...). My son just started spring break from his first semester joining this kindergarten class after winter break. He was working on his 6's at home today. After I put him to sleep I had a shower around 10-11 and when I got out the mirror was all fogged up with a big square and 666 prominently written inside of it. Freaked me out hahahah ****ing kid man.....

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
        here ya go..

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c18441Eh_WE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
        I was about to red K you until you put that up.

And until I remembered that the karma system is gone.

Comment

That trailer confused me more than intrigued me lol, but I'm a big fan of Century Of Self by Adam + I respect your opinions so if you are digging it I'm sure I'll find it a compelling watch as well.

Definitely seems like something I need to take edibles to doe & the biggest UFC of perhaps the year is on later so I'll be abstaining today. But this will be on my watchlist.

And yea the problems of the world are complex & probably impossible to fix in our lifetimes at this stage. One of the major reasons I took to minimalism is cuz so much of our culture seems built on consumerism & I came to realize how empty of a feeling that was to me. I still feel I'm on the t^t of entertainment, which isn't all that different from "buying stuff", but I suppose a lot of us smell something off & are trying to find our way & meaning all the time as best we can.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            That trailer confused me more than intrigued me lol, but I'm a big fan of Century Of Self by Adam + I respect your opinions so if you are digging it I'm sure I'll find it a compelling watch as well.

Definitely seems like something I need to take edibles to doe & the biggest UFC of perhaps the year is on later so I'll be abstaining today. But this will be on my watchlist.

And yea the problems of the world are complex & probably impossible to fix in our lifetimes at this stage. One of the major reasons I took to minimalism is cuz so much of our culture seems built on consumerism & I came to realize how empty of a feeling that was to me. I still feel I'm on the t^t of entertainment, which isn't all that different from "buying stuff", but I suppose a lot of us smell something off & are trying to find our way & meaning all the time as best we can.
            Honestly I done finished watching it all - 8 damn hours of it - and whilst it was interesting, even fascinating in places, I ain't sure I'd particularly recommend it unless you got a lot of time on your hands and just got a general curiosity. The interviews I'd read off him led me to believe it'd address the issues a bit more directly than it did and I stuck with the long rambling and disjointed stories thinking it'd reach some kinda insightful conclusions, but it didn't really although it was an evocative journey through some key events in the later half of the 20th and early 21st century and there was plenty that was new to me particularly wrt China. Overall though the impression was confused and kinda directionless and I also thought he missed out on or brushed over some pivotal events in the devlopment of propaganda / advertising and the devlopment of a global hegemony / economy.

Still I enjoyed it for it's own sake, don't regret spending the time on it, but I ain't sure it's really brought much clarity to the issues at hand... perhaps the opposite even.

Comment

Working...
            X