Collapse
No announcement yet.

manglah da stranglah

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss prime MAB and Naz. Marco still fightin, but he way past it. Naz been gone pretty much since they fought in 01. MAB was comin up from 122 and had already been in some violent fights. Naz had been in boss mode at 126 for a long time. I thought MAB would outbox him for a lil while, but then the big left from Naz would put him to sleep. I was surprised at how good MAB looked in this fight.

Naz ain't come out swingin like I thought he would at the start. He just flicked wit the rt jab, and Marco smacked him all over the place wit hooks n jabs. Naz was content to keep boxin in the 2nd rd, and both guys got in a few shots. They ended up wrestlin each other to the damn ground. Naz eked out the 3rd rd wit a few hard shots, but he wasn't really goin after Marco best as he coulda. He was waitin too damn much.

Marco lad back in the 4th, exploded in spots, and Naz just tried a few lefts. He was jabbin n potshottin Naz in the 5th while Naz just followed him around lookin for 1 big left at a time. I thought he'd keep swingin til he got him, but he was too damn inactive to find any really big shots. He switched to righty in the 6th, and did nothin but eat jabs n crosses. Naz got back in the fight in 7 and 8 tho cuz Marco cut off. Naz actually matched his jab and got in some left hands. They went to tradin single punches in the 9th, and Marco lit him up wit 2 big hooks at the end. Naz came back in the 10th, got in a few more hard lefts and 1 big rt, but he couldn't really hurt Marco.

I thought Naz would go all out in the last 2, cuz Manny was tellin him he was losin and he had to know it. But he ain't have it in him. I think Marco beat respect into him early, and he couldn't muster more than 1 wild punch at a time after that. While he walked around lookin for the big punch, Marco picked his spots to jump in and sting his ass. Marco lost a pt for a WWG turnbuckle smash in the 12th, and it looked like he was bout to get DQ'd. Thankfully, Cortez ain't take it that far. He went rite on smackin Naz around thru the rest of the rd to close out.

I was disappointed in Naz' performance in this fight. He shoulda known better than to target a 1 punch KO against Marco. One of Marco's better wins. He outclassed Naz most of the way and walked thru the few lefts he did take. I thought he'd definitely get KO'd in this fight, but this was part of the best run he had in his career. Too bad Naz only took 1 more fight after this before he walked.

Comment

• naz should've fought more he was the most exciting fighter i've ever witnessed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alx. View Post
        naz should've fought more he was the most exciting fighter i've ever witnessed.
        Possibly my favourite boxer of all time

Comment

• Crashed early. Now it looks like an insomniac nite. A lil drank to keep it chill.

Gettin a much overdue haircut put me out. Now I'ma be dead tired at work tomorrow of course. No matter what, just can't get a regular sleep pattern goin round here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alx. View Post
            naz should've fought more he was the most exciting fighter i've ever witnessed.
            Originally posted by rorymac View Post
            Possibly my favourite boxer of all time
            Beats JMM if they woulda fought. Beats Pac then if they woulda fought. EM woulda beaten him but that woulda been war.

Naz was in boss mode at 126 BITD. When he lost to MAB, I wish he woulda just gone up to 130 instead of fallin off. Miss his crazy ass. Naz was always entertainin.

Comment

• What up, Mang?

I don't have long to chill tonight, unfortunately. Get at me Friday, though.

Comment

• Watchin some more old fights lately, fights where ppl beefed wit the decision. Hadn't seen the 2nd fight between Hearns and Leonard for a while. All I remembered off top of my head is Hearns dropped him twice and got robbed on a bullshit decision. This was actually a much closer and better fight than I remembered it bein. Unification match at SMW after the unification match at WW Leonard won BITD. He had the WBC strap, Hearns had the WBO belt.

Fight started out from range wit both guys usin their jabs and some long punches. Hearns established an edge in rd 2 and ended up droppin Ray wit a pair of hard rts in rd 3. Hearns couldn't finish him tho, and Ray came back pretty strongly in the next couple rds. While Hearns was attackin wit his rt hand, Ray was workin both the body and the head. A sick rt/left combo hurt Hearns and set up an assault from Ray in the 5th. Hearns slowed that shit down wit his jab in the next rd after he recovered.

Hearns hurt Ray wit a left hook in the 7th and got in some long shots wit Ray on the ropes. Ray fought back wit body/head combos and survived. Hearns started targetin the rt hand again, and after ttradin some bodyshots, Hearns got hurt wit a big hook and rt hand in the 9th. Hearns took back over wit his jab in the 10th and got anotha KD wit hard rt hands in the 11th. Leonard knew he needed sumthin big in the last rd, and he did the most damage in the rd. Hearns got rocked wit a nasty hook and Ray went after him, but couldn't finish it.

I like Hearns a lot more than Leonard and it sucks he got stuck wit a draw when the judges split their cards. It wasn't the ownage I remembered it bein tho. Leonard was in it, but he shoulda lost based on the KD's. Too bad they never fought a 3rd fight. I think Hearns coulda taken him out if they rematched again rite away.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  What up, Mang?

I don't have long to chill tonight, unfortunately. Get at me Friday, though.
                  What it do?

Went to sleep early, so now I'll be up all nite. Nothin else to do, figured I'd hit up BS to chop it for a lil while.

Everything cool witchu?

Comment

• Cool as cucumbers, Mang.

Just worn down and needing to recharge the internal battery. You know how it is.

Hope you have a good night ahead of you. Hopefully the boys drop in DL and give 'ya a good conversation or twenty.

Comment

• Anotha one of these fights I remembered more by word of mouf was the 2nd Holmes-Spinks fight. Holmes got beat in the 1st fight for his lineal/IBF title rite when he was about to hit up Marciano's record as HW champ. He bitched up a storm about it and they went to a rematch. He fought better in the 2nd fight but he ain't completely shit on Spinks.

Larry was too gunshy and slow in the 1st fight, and he let Spinks work him wit an in n out style. He cleaned up that mess by goin rite to work in the rematch. He was lettin the rt hand go hard in the 1st 2 rds and was makin plenty of contact. He chased Spinks all over the ring, outworked him, and landed the better power punches early. His jab was on target and he got to Spinks' body. Spinks ain't really come to life til the 6th rd, when Larry started huntin 1 big shot. Larry came rite back in the 7th, won the jaboff, and dug in a few more rts n bodyshots.

In the middle rds, Larry let up a lil bit and let Spinks get back in it. Larry was still pumpin his jab in the 8th, but Spinks flurried back and jabbed Larry to hell to end the rd. Larry got past the Spinks jab and hurt him wit a rt hand in the 9th, but Spinks jabbed n flurried back to take the rd. Larry got lazy and went to headhuntin wit the rt hand, and Spinks outboxed him in the 10th and 11th. Larry started gettin to Spinks wit his rt hands again in the 12th and stopped his momentum, but he'd let the fight get close.

Spinks' hooks outdid Larry's rts in the 13th, but Larry got back at him in the 14th. He staggered him bad wit the rt hand and almost dropped him, but couldn't quite get him to go. Spinks fought back in the last rd and flurried enuf to get the rd while Larry just attacked him wit rt hands lookin for a KO. I thought Larry won this one, but it was pretty close. He fuk'd up and let Spinks come back in the mid rds, then went lookin for a KO late instead of just pilin up more pts. Holmes lost the decision, gave his famous interview and walked after this. Next time he came back, Tyson whacked his ass. He came back again and became a contender again later. Wish he woulda beaten McCall.

Comment

Working...
                      X