Collapse
No announcement yet.

manglah da stranglah

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowe was always fun as hell to watch, but dude ain't do shit as champ. He looked great in his 15 minutes against Holy the 1st time, but that was it. 1 defense against Ferguson don't mean shit. Holy edged him in the rematch and he never got back to the top. Won anotha belt and KO'd Holy in the 3rd fight, but that was a past it Holy who also had Hepatitis. I like Bowe but he gets overrated as fuck for 1 big win.

Comment

• LL was a decent champ. Before he was lineal, he beat Razor for a strap and a past it Tucker who was still kinda game. Akinwande was aight, but that was a wack win. Smoked some guys who were good top contenders. Beat Holy twice and cashed out vs shot to hell Mike. War wit VK shoulda brought on a rematch, but I won't call it a duck since he stayed out. Avenged his 2 losses, tho they were guys he shouldn't have lost to anyway. Pretty good champ.

Comment

• Wlad is best of a bad bunch. He looked like a beast on the way up, but he got whacked a couple times. Excuse Sanders, dude is a beast. He bounced back from the Brewster loss and started cleanin the division out. Not a lotta good fighters around now, but he they the guys ranked highly and he's beatin em all wit ease. Byrd and Peter stand out, especially since I thought Peter would kill him the first time. Good fighter runnin a shit division.

Comment

• Holy was pretty good. Victim of circumstance when buster came in tubby and he had to beat him instead of Mike. But he beat some game guys en route to losin the title. Beat Bowe in the rematch, beat Mike when he was more past it than Mike was, and KTFO Moorer in the rematch. After losin to LL, he shoulda retired. I'll give him some props for gettin anotha belt against Ruiz, but only cuz he was over the hill when he did it. Nothin but bad shit after that, tho I don't count it cuz he's shot to shit. Really wish they hadn't robbed him against Val. Garbage fight for a paper belt, but for a shot fighter, it woulda been a big moment. Decent champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
            Just like Daddy padding his record with Taxi drivers.

Always loved this quote from Greg Haugen before and after fighting Chavez.

Keep in mind Haugen was a very good fighter..

T ell me about your famous quote before and after the Chavez bout. Well they asked me before the fight if I was scared of Julio and I said, “He’s a man just like I am” His record at the time was something like 84-0 and I made the joke about him fighting a lot of cab drivers and after the fight they asked “What about those cab drivers?” And I said ,”They must have been tough ones.”

Comment

• George destroyed Frazier and Norton, then lost the title to Ali. George in his 2nd run as lineal champ ain't do shit. Big win when he got the title back, then a close win against Scultz. Nothin special.
              Last edited by MANGLER; 01-21-2011, 02:25 AM.

Comment

• Mike was the man but only for a lil while. youngest champ ever, unified, and cleaned out the division before he gave away the title in a ridiculous upset. Came back and beat Razor before he went to prison. That really fucked him up. Bruno and Seldon were decent guys to beat to reclaim a couple belts, but he was past it then at about 30. Lost to Holy and never did shit afterwards, aside from Botha was ranked at the time. LL shoulda been his cashout fight. Too bad after gettin smashed he was still so broke he had to come back and lose 2 more times. Decent champ, coulda been a lot better.

Comment

• Originally posted by MANGLER View Post
                  George in his 2nd run as lineal champ ain't do shit. Big win when he got the title back, then a close win against Scultz. Nothin special.

I swear I just remember him being slow and getting hit a lot.

But he always had thunder in his fists and it was so natural it's like he didn't even have to be set to punch or put his weight into it.

It was like he was carrying hammers. But god he was so slow and hittable on his late night glory run.

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    Always loved this quote from Greg Haugen before and after fighting Chavez.

Keep in mind Haugen was a very good fighter..

T ell me about your famous quote before and after the Chavez bout. Well they asked me before the fight if I was scared of Julio and I said, “He’s a man just like I am” His record at the time was something like 84-0 and I made the joke about him fighting a lot of cab drivers and after the fight they asked “What about those cab drivers?” And I said ,”They must have been tough ones.”
                    Haugen-Paz fights and Haugen-Camacho fights were pretty good. I just now realize I ain't got em. Gotta hit up the tradin block. I remember dumbass Camacho fuckin up and losin his belt over not shakin hands in the last rd.

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                      I swear I just remember him being slow and getting hit a lot.

But he always had thunder in his fists and it was so natural it's like he didn't even have to be set to punch or put his weight into it.

It was like he was carrying hammers. But god he was so slow and hittable on his late night glory run.
                      Only dudes he fought other than Holy and Moorer were journeyman. he gets mild props for the wins he was gettin on the basis of age alone. His comeback run was overrated. I luv the Stewart fight tho, it was almost as good as his title fights. That was a tough one he coulda lost tbh.

Comment

Working...
                      X