No announcement yet.

Windows 7 gets my thumbs up!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 gets my thumbs up!

In the past couple of days, I have been testing Windows 7 32 bit and 64 OS.
    Some one on this board posted the bench marks, and he said Windows 7 is posed to be fast. Let me tell you folks, this thing is fast, very fast. I had to tweak XP to make it move fast but with out even tweaking Windows 7, the biatch shuts down and reboots a tad faster than my XP and that is fast because remember, I had my other box tweaked to the core.

32 bit OS. Excellent! No crashes, no major compatibility issues.
    64 bit still suffers the compatibility issues with programs designed for 32 but they are not as bad as they were with XP so, 64 bit issue should be a thing of the past hopefully next year as software design is pushing forward rapidly to meet the needs of the 64 bit OS.

Although Win 7 still has a little Vista taste to it, it's not as bad as vista, it has a blend of XP and Vista so I still get lost once in a while because I have been using XP since it came out. The GUI is very nice and can be tweaked just like before.

Overall this OS looks good to go. I feel bad for those who bought into Vista, I tried it a few times and was not impressed. I was however, very impressed with Win 7 and I am still learning new things about her.

That is all.

Peace.

to be honest with you, i never understood what's the difference between xp or vista, they all did what they were supposed to do IMO, work. i've had vista for 2 years and haven't had a problem with it.

Comment

One of the nice features is the compatibility modes you can run programs in. So you can set it to run as any OS you want, big bonus for the times you have those issues. Not sure about the 64 bit, since my comp isn't compatible... New comp will be though, just piece by piece buying parts ATM. When I'm done buying the pieces this will become my VMware ESXi Server... Can't wait!

Besides that, took me about 2 hours of tweaking/downloading things to get mine set up the way I wanted. After that, ghosted and every time something goes wrong it's a 15 minute fix back to the basics. I like Win7 a lot more than Vista and more than XP... Pretty solid OS.

Comment

Originally posted by F-22 Raptor View Post
        to be honest with you, i never understood what's the difference between xp or vista, they all did what they were supposed to do IMO, work. i've had vista for 2 years and haven't had a problem with it.
        This means you do not use your computer for nothing other than surfing.
        If you are like me, I am all over my computer, in and out of nearly every nook and crannies, if you are like me and all over your pc and then suddenly, they change where things were, you will understand the huge difference. It's like if you have been driving since you were a kid, they make a new car, they put the gas peddle and break on the steering wheel (thumb action) and no one tells you about it when you get in the car.
        Last edited by BoxingChaos; 07-09-2009, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by F-22 Raptor View Post
          The huge oversights/errors/****ups by MS were the driver problems and application compatibility for users of Vista. I also had to tweak my UAC a bit to protect the comp a bit more without having the stupid prompt asking my permissions for everything. The system restore was a joke, I had to pirate Norton Ghost so I could set an external save point and save it long term. The data backup wasn't an improvement, I find it more useful than a system restore since I have a pseudo server with a RAID 5 array anyway for docs/media. That and the annoying security (which you can turn off, but it's still annoying).

There's more... but I don't wanna type things out any more...

Comment

I'm on a Mac....Windows is the worst OS ever created. I'd rather be homeless than use a pc.

Well, maybe not that far.

Comment

W7 owns your soul.

Running version 2640 and loving it. Ran every version released. 64 bit FTMFW

Comment

Originally posted by JACK D. RIPPER View Post
                I'm on a Mac....Windows is the worst OS ever created. I'd rather be homeless than use a pc.

Well, maybe not that far.
                I feel sorry for people who have MAC

They're missing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                  I feel sorry for people who have MAC

They're missing out.
                  I've had both. I prefer the Mac.

Except for gaming. Pc beats the mac in gaming.

Comment

I'm getting a mack notebook soon, the feel and design is just badass. Looks p1mp...

Comment

Working...
                    X