No announcement yet.

Windows 7 gets my thumbs up!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JACK D. RIPPER View Post
    So what you're telling me is that until I upgrade, I will be left out of the torrent game?
    Upgrade! Your missing out!

Comment

I barely use torrents, just when I can't find what I need elsewhere... I don't know why people use torrents still... Usenet cap at your modem speed!

I use Newsleecher...

Comment

Originally posted by JackNapier View Post
        I barely use torrents, just when I can't find what I need elsewhere... I don't know why people use torrents still... Usenet cap at your modem speed!

I use Newsleecher...
        I use Utorrent for boxing videos which are available on a couple of great sites. I love those two places where you can get boxing video files, DVD's, career sets and so on. I just downloaded the movie PUSH last night but I did not finish watching it but I will soon

Comment

Macs are great for graphics work, which is why most publishing companies prefer them, and for making movies. They have great designs.

I own a Gateway Pentium 4, 3GHz PC with a host of features that I bought 3 years ago.

Does a pretty good job so far.

I'll be upgrading a the hard drive soon through a buddy of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
            Macs are great for graphics work, which is why most publishing companies prefer them, and for making movies. They have great designs.

I own a Gateway Pentium 4, 3GHz PC with a host of features that I bought 3 years ago.

Does a pretty good job so far.

I'll be upgrading a the hard drive soon through a buddy of mine.

I wouldn't say they are just great for graphics.......they are great for everything, people are put off by the initial money outlay.

Cheap Windows PC's are a false economy.

Comment

Originally posted by Breakbeat View Post
              I wouldn't say they are just great for graphics.......they are great for everything, people are put off by the initial money outlay.

Cheap Windows PC's are a false economy.
              That is true. When the economy gets better next year I might spring for a Mac. I checked out the prices, and they're not too bad for the quality.

Steve Jobs FTW!!

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                That is true. When the economy gets better next year I might spring for a Mac. I checked out the prices, and they're not too bad for the quality.

Steve Jobs FTW!!

Think about it this way, save up, buy a Mac, never have to pay for anti-virus or malware programs and worry about the hassle of getting your computer hacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Breakbeat View Post
                  Most of the Apple Mac range is aimed towards Pro's and people who can afford quality hardware...........if you have never owned a Mac you will not understand.
                  LMFAO what a load of ****. So the people that don't have macs are the ones that can't afford one?

If it's so professional why am I yet to ever see a mac running a business? I would guess 98% of business' are ran by a pc using Windows and the best invention to ever hit computers...Microsoft Office????? I don't get it why aren't the macs in every cubicle if they are so "professional"???? Don't fool yourself dude all anyone gots to do is look at the numbers, numbers don't lie and numbers have windows, office, dell, light years ahead of jobs, apple, mac. Bill gates is still sitting pretty as the richest guy in the world or one of the top 2 due to "****ty" microsoft and Michael Dell (dell computers) microsofts biggest partner is also in the top 25 billionares list. Steve forbes no where near the list not even top 50.

Comment

Hmmm... Don't know if I should upgrade my new Alienware M17 with the new OS. I guess I'll wait a little while longer before I make the change.

Comment

Originally posted by Concrete Punch View Post
                      LMFAO what a load of ****. So the people that don't have macs are the ones that can't afford one?

If it's so professional why am I yet to ever see a mac running a business? I would guess 98% of business' are ran by a pc using Windows and the best invention to ever hit computers...Microsoft Office????? I don't get it why aren't the macs in every cubicle if they are so "professional"???? Don't fool yourself dude all anyone gots to do is look at the numbers, numbers don't lie and numbers have windows, office, dell, light years ahead of jobs, apple, mac. Bill gates is still sitting pretty as the richest guy in the world or one of the top 2 due to "****ty" microsoft and Michael Dell (dell computers) microsofts biggest partner is also in the top 25 billionares list. Steve forbes no where near the list not even top 50.

If you're talking about 98% of businesses then that is because as I said people don't like to pay the initial outlay on Macs, they think they can save money by using "cheap" PC's, they then have to employ more people to keep their PC's running without problems.

whereas a company that predominately uses Macs will have to employ less staff and have less downtime due to problems.

Whether you like it or not Apple is gaining business customers and people are trying to escape MS's vice like grip on them.

Comment

Working...
                      X