Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think Batshoes has any real talent other than being calm in front of goal.

Hope he leaves me with egg on my face but I can't see it. His first touch is poor and he also has this habit of just being nowhere near the ball if they hit a longer pass up to him. It isn't the quality of the ball either as Morata and Costa made it stick.

Batshuayi looks like a poor man's Jermaine Defoe to me

Comment

• if you look at any of Belgium’s top strikers.

Lukaku
      Benteke
      Batshuayi
      Origi

If Batshuayi has no real talent then do any of them have talent?
      Lukaku has the touch of a rapist and (so far) can only find the net against used car salesmen.
      Benteke is basically a dark skinned Andy Carrol.
      Origi is a bigger Walcott without the goal scoring patch Walcott has once every 6 months.

Comment

• I actually like Benteke. Always have. He'd be great at Chelsea even now!

Lukaku has managed to make himself relevant for all 90 minutes. And is just a proper heavyweight now.

Batshoes is just so peripheral. I never knew it was possible to have a bad game and score a hat trick before he did it against Nottingham Forest. It was extraordinary. You couldn't even say he gave those defenders a tough game it was unbelievable. He was just a ball magnet and the ball virtually hit him every time and he nutsed the keeper once.

I'd say he might be from the Fillipo Inzaghi school of old school striker but Batshoes's movement is terrible.

With all that said. The kid is a cult hero and has probably scored the two most memorable Chelsea goals of the last 4 seasons for me anyway. Honestly, if Chelsea won a champions league title this season this kid would somehow score the winner.

I think he might just be lucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          Batshoes is just so peripheral. I never knew it was possible to have a bad game and score a hat trick before he did it against Nottingham Forest. It was extraordinary. You couldn't even say he gave those defenders a tough game it was unbelievable. He was just a ball magnet and the ball virtually hit him every time and he nutsed the keeper once.

I think he might just be lucky.
          I said the same thing to my mates when we saw him against Forest.

Granted it was our second string, and our reserve defense was dogshit, but i don't think he barely touched the ball all game and came away with a hat-trick!

It was a game in which you can see where the quality was, Hazard and Fabregas never got out of first gear and waltzed through us, and Christensen, Zappacosta and Bakayoko looked great.

Bats is an enigma. Not seen him a great game but gets goals.

How crucial are his goals though? Is he a match-winner, or does he just appear when you are already cruising at 3-0 up?

Comment

• Originally posted by black.ink View Post
            I said the same thing to my mates when we saw him against Forest.

Granted it was our second string, and our reserve defense was dogshit, but i don't think he barely touched the ball all game and came away with a hat-trick!

It was a game in which you can see where the quality was, Hazard and Fabregas never got out of first gear and waltzed through us, and Christensen, Zappacosta and Bakayoko looked great.

Bats is an enigma. Not seen him a great game but gets goals.

How crucial are his goals though? Is he a match-winner, or does he just appear when you are already cruising at 3-0 up?
            The title clincher at WBA last season and then winner at Atletico are the two goals that I think are possibly the most memorable Chelsea goals for a long while.

But yeah aside from that he scored a few against Bristol Rovers, Sunderland, Watford, scored one against Carrier Bag from what I remember.

I hope he shows more. His best game was in a friendly against Arsenal. He might be trying too hard but to be fair it doesn't look like it.

Henry rates him though and his opinion obviously carries a lot more weight than mine but I'm only going of what I've seen. Looks limited.

Comment

• Batshuayi is gash. There’s a reason Conte went with no strikers rather than bring him on at the weekend. Scores tap-ins, but contributes nothing to the team’s play.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                if you look at any of Belgium’s top strikers.

Lukaku
                Benteke
                Batshuayi
                Origi

If Batshuayi has no real talent then do any of them have talent?
                Lukaku has the touch of a rapist and (so far) can only find the net against used car salesmen.
                Benteke is basically a dark skinned Andy Carrol.
                Origi is a bigger Walcott without the goal scoring patch Walcott has once every 6 months.
                Well Lukaku is destroying "bums" batshoes is not.. Like I said if you turned the draws United got last season against weak sides turned into wins we would walk the league..

You don't win the title just because you did the double over Chelsea or City

Lukaku played for Everton also.. I mean Everton are **** if they ever beat top teams it's usually by a goal and a proper rearguard effort l..

We shall see with him anyway.. his touch is 100x better then Rooney lol

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  You lot are sleeping on Batshuayi.

Even Drogba wasn’t seen as anything special when arriving in England. He almost left too but Lampard convinced him otherwise.

I’m not saying Bats will be what Drogba was. Drogba had it all and even hit free kicks.

But Batshuayi has the talent. It’s really up to him. He’ll either shine and take the starting position or fold under the pressure.
                  He's a bum mate

Comment

• Origi is the one.

That boy is nice, no doubt about it.

Comment

• Dont get to watch much football these days so thought i would tune in to England game.

Cant be that bad i thought.

Currently regretting that decision

Comment

Working...
                      X