This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snootz86 View Post
    When Ferguson got started Man United was just a cup team at best though, sure he was close to being sacked.. but it just goes to show teams sometimes drop the ball in firing managers to early. Na certainly wasn't 10 years more like 3 or 4 i think, He had to come in and sort out some heavy drinkers and stuff first let his signings bed in.

I doubt a manager at a top club would get a few seasons nowdays though, apart from Rafa but he seems to be living off the CL win.
    Originally posted by Vincent Zestril View Post
    But it took Ferguson a long time to get started..........I think it was about 10 years and no trophy? Nowadays............ look at Chelsea's managers come and go.
    Originally posted by snootz86 View Post
    Man United have had non stop success for 20 years all most, sure we didn't win the league 3 years in a row but we still won trophies in the mean time. Other then that there has been doubles, trebles, 3 PL league wins in a row etc..

I just hope when Fergie is gone we can continue with this type of success

As for the Arsenal game i found it pretty bad so i switched off from time to time but Sol looked really good maybe an England call up is possible ? I guess a draw at home to Arsenal is not bad for City but it might not be enough.

They could be dangerous next season if they get in the CL and add some new quality players. They have a good record vs the top 4 this season
    Originally posted by pactardo91 View Post
    well, there goes fourth place
    Chelsea are under pressure now, i think they will drop points at Anfield and if Man U win their remaining 2 games they will be champions

Comment

• My son just had the new world cup sticker book and whilst going through it i notice something, England has an average side man 4 man compared to Argentina, although its not the finalized squads as they have not been picked yet, SWP is in the England squad and he is not exactly a certainty.

England

Rio
      Terry
      A.Cole
      Lamps
      Gerrard
      Lennon
      SWP
      Walcott
      Rooney
      Defoe
      Heskey
      Crouch
      Barry
      Beckham (although clearly not going)

Argentina

Gago
      Cambiasso
      Higuain
      Mascerano
      Angel De Maria
      Veron
      Maxi Rodriguez
      Aguero
      Messi
      Milito
      Tevez
      Samuel
      Heinze
      Zanetti

How mechanical does the England side look?

Comment

• Man for man means nothing, Argentina are **** because Diego Maradonna cannot manage a football team let alone the national team. I'd still pick England man for man anyways. They have the upper hand in strike force but their midfield and defence is average.

Plus you haven't even added in people like James Milner, Ashley Young, Rob Green, Darren Bent etc. people who have had great seasons and are likely to get picked over people who have had sub par seasons.

Comment

• Chelsea are runnin' wild on Stoke.

Hate to break it to the Utd fans but you guys aint winning the Premier League.

Comment

• OMG... Not only did Chelsea destroy Stoke.. But they injured our best keeper.

EDIT: talking about the Danish national team.

Comment

• Stoke got dicked.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR!

Comment

• Originally posted by KESSLER View Post
                OMG... Not only did Chelsea destroy Stoke.. But they injured our best keeper.

EDIT: talking about the Danish national team.
                Sweden > Denmark

Comment

• Originally posted by Addition View Post
                  Chelsea are runnin' wild on Stoke.

Hate to break it to the Utd fans but you guys aint winning the Premier League.
                  Well if that is the case and i doubt Liverpool will do us any favors (you never know they did in 94 or 95 but we failed on our side) but if they do we know it's down to those joke Gift wins over United this season.

How on earth that was a penalty today i will never know, yo Referee when someone fouls outside the box and the guy tumbles into the box looking for a pen it's called a free kick not a pen..

Comment

• Originally posted by Šemise View Post
                    Sweden > Denmark

Comment

• 7-0, damn. They just pulled a "Bayern Munich" on Stoke.

Comment

Working...
                      X