This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
    You beat all the top teams and you're still off the pace, when that happens I'd say it's a fundamental tactical issue that isn't rectified by simply signing a striker because I wouldn't say your problem is not taking your chances, rather not creating enough of them against park the bus merchants. We know Mourinho likes his workhorses so how does he solve that?

We've dropped points against rivals and we've dropped loads of points against **** teams.

..and I don't think you'll double us again next season so there's a 6 point swing straight away.

Also, we've got into the mid-80s without the spine of the team actually being fit. I read that 'of the 3330 minutes of PL football City have played this season, Kompany/Yaya/Silva/Aguero have only been on the pitch together for 216 of those minutes'.

Ridiculous really. How many points would we get if we keep them fit?

Our problem is that we only play for 45 minutes. Ordinarily we do create a lot of chances. Not in recent games though. The season has been dead since Villa beat us for whatever reason. Our season hinged on that game. We've been shit ever since.

There are several tactical switches that could be made that from the outside looking in look simple. Our full backs being one. Our most consistent attacking outlet in terms of availability in space is Ivanovich. But he is the one player in our team from an attacking sense who is harmless. Apzilicueta has been our best player but he's a right back playing left back. He provides no width.

Matic is fine and a great signing that addressed a genuine need in the team - he does his job. Ramires/Lampard/Mikel/Luiz are not good enough (an unnatural position for an old Lampard) to suit the system. We need someone who can move the ball from deep to attack.

Willian is not productive enough, and either is Oscar. But the depth is there with Hazard, Schurrle and Salah. The two Brazilians for me have not done enough and Oscar has been desperately disappointing since the turn of the year. He looks burnt out.

The strikers.......none of them are any good. I don't think Mourinho is beating a dead horse with this one. Ba has one us 2 games all season. Eto'o and Torres = zero. And haven't added to our points tally at all. Eto'o has 8 goals. All at Stamford Bridge in games we've won by two clear goals at least.

Strikers do win you games and ours are fucking ****.

I've said it before we need two strikers not just one.

But I really do think we'll tough to stop next year. Our flair players are established and should be more productive next year and defensively we are sound and could yet improve further with Cortouis coming back.
    Last edited by Sparked_26; 05-08-2014, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
      Anyone watching the play-offs?

Not a bad game developing between Brighton & Derby at some decent stuff being played at times.

Really hope it's one of these teams who go up though. Can't stand Wigan or QPR.
      Derby will come out on top in the playoffs. They are the most complete team in the Championship not named Leicester.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barca Slayer View Post
        Man Sheiky bought the Premier League title. Liverpool are the real people's champion. No doubt about it.

Hopefully now Man Sheiky won't be able to strut around and do what they want after being penalised by FFP.
        You are such a pussy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
          Derby will come out on top in the playoffs. They are the most complete team in the Championship not named Leicester.
          Does seem that way. They looked great on the counter in the first half (even though the 2nd goal was unbelievably harsh). Brighton probably deserved a draw in the end but I agree Derby really do look the most complete side.

Really hope it's them or Brighton that go up. Can't stand QPR with good 'ol Arry and Wigan with their chairman.

Comment

• Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
            Does seem that way. They looked great on the counter in the first half (even though the 2nd goal was unbelievably harsh). Brighton probably deserved a draw in the end but I agree Derby really do look the most complete side.

Really hope it's them or Brighton that go up. Can't stand QPR with good 'ol Arry and Wigan with their chairman.
            QPR are an absolute joke. Half of their players don't enjoy playing football. If they don't win this playoff race this year, QPR might fold under their immense wage bill.

You're right, Brighton did probably deserve a draw but they are going to get taken to the cleaners in the second leg, away form home.

I predict a Derby-Wigan final.

Comment

• Do I have this right? Who's missing?

Liverpool
              Roy Jones Jnr
              £-4-£
              Sake1

City
              El Fenomeno
              squealpiggy

Chelsea
              F l i c k e r
              Dirk Diggler UK

Arsenal
              Dirk Diggler UK
              Adamjr91
              Krewella Boyy
              Barca Slayer

United
              BEDROOM BULLY
              Money_May

Comment

• Originally posted by Sake1 View Post
                Do I have this right? Who's missing?

Liverpool
                Roy Jones Jnr
                £-4-£
                Sake1

City
                El Fenomeno
                squealpiggy

Chelsea
                F l i c k e r
                Dirk Diggler UK

Arsenal
                Dirk Diggler UK
                Adamjr91
                Krewella Boyy
                Barca Slayer

United
                BEDROOM BULLY
                Money_May

Anyone see Wenger saying that City should be banned from the CL? to be fair the professor does have a point

Comment

• Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
                  QPR are an absolute joke. Half of their players don't enjoy playing football. If they don't win this playoff race this year, QPR might fold under their immense wage bill.

You're right, Brighton did probably deserve a draw but they are going to get taken to the cleaners in the second leg, away form home.

I predict a Derby-Wigan final.
                  Part of me hopes they do go under just for not learning their lesson. They threw money at staying up the first time and just about managed it. They continued to throw money at it the following season and got relegated and then decided they were going to be more prudent this season in the Championship yet they go and sign players like Richard Dunne, Danny Simpson, Gary O'Neil and Benayoun. They have been on frees but their wages, especially for a Championship club, are going to be huge.

Portsmouth MK II I hope. Then maybe people will see good 'ol Arry for what he is; a fraud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sake1 View Post
                    Do I have this right? Who's missing?

Liverpool
                    Roy Jones Jnr
                    £-4-£
                    Sake1

City
                    El Fenomeno
                    squealpiggy

Chelsea
                    F l i c k e r
                    Dirk Diggler UK

Arsenal
                    Dirk Diggler UK
                    Adamjr91
                    Krewella Boyy
                    Barca Slayer

United
                    BEDROOM BULLY
                    Money_May
                    Die a slow death

Comment

• Originally posted by Barca Slayer View Post
                      Man Sheiky bought the Premier League title. Liverpool are the real people's champion. No doubt about it.
                      Alright then. Arsenal bought fourth place. The real fourth place team are Tottenham. I decided, and thus it is so.

Comment

Working...
                      X