This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rorymac View Post
    Arsenal fans: on balance, would you rather have accumulated your points more evenly? (As opposed to this great contrast you've had between a hugely successful half-season and a pretty dire one.)
    I wonder this too..

The last 2 seasons they have been out of it by Christmas..

And even 4th place looked under threat until they put a great run to end the season..

This year? total opposite

I can understand why real Arsenal fans get so frustrated with them.

Comment

• Latest thoughts on who should be starting out wide right for England?

I'm edging towards Sterling at the moment.

If we played Sterling and Lallana out wide against Italy then I think we'd have a chance at winning the midfield battle with how much those 2 like to drift into central positions.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Woy does in the pre-tournament friendlies. Feels weird.

Comment

• Sunderland have to win the game tonight so I think they might actually attack us for once. A good chance to improve the goal difference I'd say. Can't really say 'any 3 points will do' when you consider how we won the league last time.

Comment

• It's odd because a year or two ago people were wondering were the good young english players were gonna come from..

Now the likes of Shaw, Sterling, Sturridge, lallana, Allen, Henderson, Ox etc are all coming through. I hope both Carrick and Lallana go to Brazil.. they could play together and it will help in the heat in Brazil..

I hope woy tries a system without Rooney

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            Good post. I know how it feels to be disappointed by the team I support, fuck I had decades of that in the past. Reckon Wenger will go if they fail to win the FA Cup?
            I think he might go either way. If he'd lost that shoot out, I don't think there'd be any way back for him. I personally don't want him to leave. I think he's had his hands tied behind his back for years and has taken the brunt of the stick for it. There should be more money coming in next season with the Puma deal. The FA Cup might be quite minor these days but just winning something.....anything.... might be what these players need to give themselves confidence going forward.

Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
            I wouldn't mind Arsenal to win something but these fans you have do make it quite hilarious for opposing fans.. when you crash and burn with all the bull**** they talk.

As for the FA cup.. yeah it's good to win.. i think the reason it may feel a bit flat is that most of the top teams went out a while ago.. and it was Arsenal's trophy to lose (they almost did). Granted you beat Liverpool but that was after they humiliated you at Anfield.. beating Wigan and Hull is a bit meh..

In 10 years time all that will matter is.. that you won it though..
            Yeah, that's pretty much it. We should win the cup now. I am usually ****ting myself at penalty shoot outs but on Saturday, I was fairly indifferent to the whole thing. Hardly celebrated because we should be beating championship teams in 90 minutes anyway. It was a pathetic performance but as you say, no ones going to remember that. I think we'll limp over the line against Hull too.

The other "fans" in here are hardly indicative of most Arsenal fans. Most of them are negative and pessimistic. I've been cautious all season cos I've seen us fall away too many times. I guarantee that if OG goes to the Emirates, he doesn't speak the way he posts. In fact, I guarantee he doesn't speak that way anywhere

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
            Arsenal fans: on balance, would you rather have accumulated your points more evenly? (As opposed to this great contrast you've had between a hugely successful half-season and a pretty dire one.)
            I'd rather we'd approached the big away games in a different way. From the first minute, we try to attack. Our full-backs are half way up he pitch and we get exposed on the break. Why not just keep the ball for 20 minutes and take the sting out of the game? I think its more psychological than tactical though. We need to win one of these games now to get over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              I think he might go either way. If he'd lost that shoot out, I don't think there'd be any way back for him. I personally don't want him to leave. I think he's had his hands tied behind his back for years and has taken the brunt of the stick for it. There should be more money coming in next season with the Puma deal. The FA Cup might be quite minor these days but just winning something.....anything.... might be what these players need to give themselves confidence going forward.
              That's true. Make them feel like winners as a platform to bigger and better things.

As for Wenger I agree, I think he's been hamstrung by an avaricious ownership. Arsenal are hardly unique in that regard. Look at the Glazers or the Newcastle owner Mike Ashley, they see the team as a matter of personal gain and as long as they are profitable the fans can F themselves. They have the capacity at this time to spend money and strengthen in key areas but this is being held back under the pretense of financial wisdom.

Say what you like about City's ownership but they've put as much money into the local community and the club academy as they have into the first team.

Comment

• Arsenal will finish top 4 and win the FA Cup this season.

All the TRUE Arsenal fans would have took that at the start of the season.

Comment

• Who you guys pickin to win the title? Man City Chelsea or lpool?
                  Have man city got easiest run in ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Barca Slayer View Post
                    Arsenal will finish top 4 and win the FA Cup this season.

All the TRUE Arsenal fans would have took that at the start of the season.
                    Why would any true Arsenal fan accept mediocrity?

And forget the start of the season, we were top of the league in February. Around the same time you started to show your sorry arse around here again....lol. And you were *****eting us to win the league so why are you so happy that about finishing 4th now?

I know that you really aren't....no logical person would be happy with that... but for some reason, your sole purpose on here has become to troll and be some kind of weird "Mini Me" to DJ Emz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Why would any true Arsenal fan accept mediocrity?

And forget the start of the season, we were top of the league in February. Around the same time you started to show your sorry arse around here again....lol. And you were *****eting us to win the league so why are you so happy that about finishing 4th now?

I know that you really aren't....no logical person would be happy with that... but for some reason, your sole purpose on here has become to troll and be some kind of weird "Mini Me" to DJ Emz.
                      Why do you go on a rant every time I comment? Please refrain from doing this in future. I only wish to discuss Arsenal matters with true fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X