This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    Bale isn't really technical enough to play in Spain for the big dogs.

The ideal move for him would be a moved to Man United they are the team that play with the most natural width and are the most direct out all the top teams in Europe - he'd score like an absolute bastard for Man U.
    Not technical enough he says?

The Premier League is not full of bald headed bruisers, look at all the foreign imports including Spaniards and Brazilians. The technicality level of the league is underrated compared to Spain. Real Madrid would be the perfect fit for Bale

Comment

• Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
      How is what possible? I rarely watch United, unless I'm home and they're on Super Sunday or something like that. If not I'm catching it on MOTD but as I've said, when I've seen United this season he's been up front. Just because you play out on the wing too doesn't mean you don't get chances either, just look at Walcott/Podolski/etc.

As I said, I'm not in a great position to judge his potential and future ability because I haven't seen a great deal of him. What I have seen, I'm just not convinced. That's all.
      I'm not saying he cant get goals I am referring to you saying hes played up front...if you see welbeck on the pitch you assume hes up front...but majority of the time hes playing as a winger

Walcott has been playing upfront for many games now...along with giroud

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Bale isn't really technical enough to play in Spain for the big dogs.

The ideal move for him would be a moved to Man United they are the team that play with the most natural width and are the most direct out all the top teams in Europe - he'd score like an absolute bastard for Man U.
      What? Bale has more tekkers than 90% of the league

But I agree United would suit him perfect...the amount of goals he would get...

Comment

• Am i the only one who doesnt see bale as a big improvement over the likes of nani.. valencia ans young?

certainly nani.in form is a better player..

given the 50m price tag he is not worth it at unites

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by San Iker View Post
          Jack Wilshere would walk straight into the starting line up at Bayern, Madrid, or Barca.
          Since when did this turn into the comedy thread?

On the topic of Bale;

I would love to see Madrid playing bale Ronaldo and Di Maria all at once. So much pace.

Comment

• Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
            I'm not saying he cant get goals I am referring to you saying hes played up front...if you see welbeck on the pitch you assume hes up front...but majority of the time hes playing as a winger

Walcott has been playing upfront for many games now...along with giroud
            Walcott had a spell (when he wasn't signing the contract) where played centrally as the main striker.

Since he's signed his contract; he's been shifted out to the right of a front 3 while Girouid is played as the main striker. So Walcott tends to move in from the flank.

Maybe Welbeck has a similar role or when he plays right wing, is he actually playing a regular wingers role in a 4-4-2?

Totally different scenario bro.

Nice try though lol.
            Last edited by P4P_No1; 02-06-2013, 04:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by San Iker View Post
              Big fish in a small pond, big deal.

He would be exposed at any real club like Real Madrid or Arsenal.

Looking good for Spurs doesn't mean anything, look at Modric. Straight bum, always rated Wilshere over him.

If you can make it at Arsenal, you can make it anywhere. I think Bellamy has a better shot at Madrid than Bale.
              Modric is a great player. From what i've seen this season, the reasons for his move not working out is because for one he never gets a chance to have a consistent run in the team. Also, the times i've seen him play for them, Madrid have been playing him in a more attacking role whereas for Tottenham he was always a deep lying playmaker. It was the reason he never got many goals or assists but was still very highly rated due to his pass completion rate.
              Any team would be lucky to have him they just need to play him in the right position and have confidence in him starting every game.

Originally posted by San Iker View Post
              Jack Wilshere would walk straight into the starting line up at Bayern, Madrid, or Barca.
              No he wouldn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
                Walcott had a spell (when he wasn't signing the contract) where played centrally as the main striker.

Since he's signed his contract; he's been shifted out to the right of a front 3 while Girouid is played as the main striker. So Walcott tends to move in from the flank.

Maybe Welbeck has a similar role or when he plays right wing, is he actually playing a regular wingers role in a 4-4-2?

Totally different scenario bro.

Nice try though lol.
                He gets put on the left wing more most the time and yes in a 4-4-2 shape

RIP to the busby babes and everyone who lost their lives in the 1958 munich air crash....

Comment

• Bale is one of the most technically gifted players in the premier league. The technical side of his game is criminally underrated due to his other great asset. his pace. I remember a year or two ago many people labelled him as just a kick and run player but now people are starting to see just how much more he has to his game. Just look at the free kicks he was scoring as a 17 year old for Southampton to see how technically good he is. Not to mention that goal against Stoke. The technique needed for that goal was world class.

Comment

• Wilshere wouldn't ''walk into the starting line up'' at the 3 clubs mentioned, however IMO he certainly is good enough to do a job for all 3 clubs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                      Bale is one of the most technically gifted players in the premier league. The technical side of his game is criminally underrated due to his other great asset. his pace. I remember a year or two ago many people labelled him as just a kick and run player but now people are starting to see just how much more he has to his game. Just look at the free kicks he was scoring as a 17 year old for Southampton to see how technically good he is. Not to mention that goal against Stoke. The technique needed for that goal was world class.
                      Agree with this. Maybe just as important as that side of his game is the fact that he's become a match winner, one of those players who can change a game even when he's not playing that well.

Comment

Working...
                      X