Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• None of you United boys mentioned Campbell scoring for us against dirty Leeds

Comment

• Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
      Welbeck has more ability than Cleverly...Welbeck is probably gonna be 1 of Englands best players...He just needs to add more goal scoring to his game..saying that he has played on the wings for us more than anything this season...people are talking about how many goals he scored, yet he has only been playing on the wings this year...and last year he helped on the wings also

And Henderson has a few good games but overall his games have been pretty damn ****..especially if we are comparing him to wilshere and cleverly...

And your referring to the cleverly of last year year before etc (scoring 11 at watford)...im talking about this years cleverly...Hes a midfielder not a striker...and his goalscoring is better than wilsheres if your going to criticise him on his finishing lol

Wilshere has 4 goals in 70 arsenal appearances...cleverly has 4 alone this year
      I'm not criticising his goals scoring record, I'm criticising that when I've watched him; he missess some very easy chances. It's nothing to do with he's a midfielder or a striker or anything like that.

I personally haven't seen Wilshere miss those sort of sitters. He might have but I just haven't seen it. If you look back, I don't think I ever said that Wilshere was a great/clinical finisher but you mentioned that Cleverly was a "clinical" finisher but I just made a point against that.

I mean you're a United fan so I'd expect you'd know more about Welbeck and his potential ability than I do but I just don't see it with him. I understand he's played out on the wings but he's not always played out there. Again the few times I've watched United this season Welbeck has played up top.

I'm not quite sure what the point of pasting the Rooney article in there is for either. He's hardly likely to come out and say "Welbeck's been ****" or anything along those lines is he?
      Last edited by P4P_No1; 02-05-2013, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
        I'm not criticising his goals scoring record, I'm criticising that when I've watched him; he missess some very easy chances. It's nothing to do with he's a midfielder or a striker or anything like that.

I personally haven't seen Wilshere miss those sort of sitters. He might have but I just haven't seen it. If you look back, I don't think I ever said that Wilshere was a great/clinical finisher but you mentioned that Cleverly was a "clinical" finisher but I just made a point against that.

I mean you're a United fan so I'd expect you'd know more about Welbeck and his potential ability than I do but I just don't see it with him. I understand he's played out on the wings but he's not always played out there. Again the few times I've watched United this season Welbeck has played up top.

I'm not quite sure what the point of pasting the Rooney article in there is for either. He's hardly likely to come out and say "Welbeck's been ****" or anything along those lines is he?
        How is this possible when welbeck has played upfront like twice this whole season? Unless they were the only 2 games of Uniteds you watched? I was posting the article to reiterate my statement, welbeck has not been played upfront this year....because our wingers have been so **** (valencia, nani and young)... we have resorted to putting welbeck on the wing who has been doing a better job

And I brought up the wilshere goal scoring etc... as we were comparing wilshere and cleverly ability wise....I thought I would just state cleverly actually scores goals aswel

Also last year welbeck got 12 goals (yes not alot but hey) and he was played upfront...this year I have seen big improvements in his game already, just need to see how he does when hes played up front

Comment

• Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
          How is this possible when welbeck has played upfront like twice this whole season? Unless they were the only 2 games of Uniteds you watched? I was posting the article to reiterate my statement, welbeck has not been played upfront this year....because our wingers have been so **** (valencia, nani and young)... we have resorted to putting welbeck on the wing who has been doing a better job

And I brought up the wilshere goal scoring etc... as we were comparing wilshere and cleverly ability wise....I thought I would just state cleverly actually scores goals aswel

Also last year welbeck got 12 goals (yes not alot but hey) and he was played upfront...this year I have seen big improvements in his game already, just need to see how he does when hes played up front
          How is what possible? I rarely watch United, unless I'm home and they're on Super Sunday or something like that. If not I'm catching it on MOTD but as I've said, when I've seen United this season he's been up front. Just because you play out on the wing too doesn't mean you don't get chances either, just look at Walcott/Podolski/etc.

As I said, I'm not in a great position to judge his potential and future ability because I haven't seen a great deal of him. What I have seen, I'm just not convinced. That's all.

Comment

• Cleverly is very economical.

Everything is one and two touch and he keeps it ticking over but Wilshere can carry a ball forward on his own, put his foot on it, play more ambitious passes, and gee people up.

It is also worth noting that Arsenal are gash and Man United aren't. Both alongside Southampton's Shaw are the only English outfield players under 24 who are actually good.

Not sold on Zaha at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
              Oh wait, he's scored against every top team he's played in the league.

Man Utd
              Man City
              Chelsea
              Arsenal
              Liverpool
              Big fish in a small pond, big deal.

He would be exposed at any real club like Real Madrid or Arsenal.

Looking good for Spurs doesn't mean anything, look at Modric. Straight bum, always rated Wilshere over him.

If you can make it at Arsenal, you can make it anywhere. I think Bellamy has a better shot at Madrid than Bale.

Comment

• Jack Wilshere would walk straight into the starting line up at Bayern, Madrid, or Barca.

Comment

• Yeah.. you know absolutely nothing about football.

Comment

• Bale isn't really technical enough to play in Spain for the big dogs.

The ideal move for him would be a moved to Man United they are the team that play with the most natural width and are the most direct out all the top teams in Europe - he'd score like an absolute bastard for Man U.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      Bale isn't really technical enough to play in Spain for the big dogs.

The ideal move for him would be a moved to Man United they are the team that play with the most natural width and are the most direct out all the top teams in Europe - he'd score like an absolute bastard for Man U.
                      I'm not so sure about that. I think Bale is definitely technical enough to play in that league.

United are probably the side that would suit him most though. I'd love to see him at Madrid aswell though.
                      Last edited by P4P_No1; 02-06-2013, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X