This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
    Cannavarro was the best in the world right?

Ronaldo was barely even a man at his first euros and he played his part. He got Rooney seent off in the wc also.. which put portugal through. The portugese side doesnt have half the talent that the argies do.. Thats a FACT.. yet messi gets humiliated time and again.. without his barca boys.

Meanwhile Spain is dominating tournaments and xavi and iniesta winning leagues and cl... its a no brainer one of them deserves it over messi

Kompany had a decent pl season.... he isnt euro/world level though as proven last year in the cl and this year. Similar player to mertesacker

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    Cannavaro was the best player at that world cup and the difference is that there wasn't a prime Messi or Ronaldo that were a level above everyone else back then. If Messi and Ronaldo weren't around then yeah, one of the Spanish players would win it most years.

I don't think there's a massive difference in quality between Portugal and Argentina. Argentina have loads of quality attacking players, but how many of those can you have on the pitch at any one time? 3? The rest of their team is pretty poor when you look at it, they have no top quality keepers, defenders or midfielders apart from maybe Mascherano.

Portugal have Ronaldo, Pepe, Coentrao, Moutinho, Nani and Bruno Alves. All high quality players. So I don't think the quality of the two teams from top to bottom are all that different.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      Oldham Athletic is alright in a pinch. Wrap up warm though. And buy a pie. Nice pies.
      Bury as well might be worth a go.

To be fair it takes me less than hour to get to Wigan. I also find myself supporting individual players. Once James McCarthy leaves I'm not going again.

Wigan are essentially a league 1 club in the prem. And their pies are off the charts.

Comment

• Villa got humped by Bradford!

If we squeak by Swansea (could be a close one or we could just get done!) and Bradford get into the final. Forget the romance of the minnows against giants. Chelsea will break records and will win that final by at least 6.

Villa as bad as they are can surely overturn the 3-1?
        Last edited by Sparked_26; 01-08-2013, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          One another topic, fair play to City returning a third of their allocated Arsenal tickets - £62 per ticket?
          Coach is about 40 quid as well, 70 quid for the train. ****ing joke.

Wouldn't mind as much if it was this amazing away day but it's awful, went last year and we were forced to sit down by the stewards.

Pints were about a fiver as well.

Comment

• http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...lot-box-opened

Biased as ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
              Coach is about 40 quid as well, 70 quid for the train. ****ing joke.

Wouldn't mind as much if it was this amazing away day but it's awful, went last year and we were forced to sit down by the stewards.

Pints were about a fiver as well.
              I hate that ground; it feels more like a theatre than a football ground. What I don't get is that if you draw Arsenal in the F.A Cup at The Emirates and are a well supported club you get an allocation of 9,000!

That alone tells everyone that Arsenal know they are taking the piss and will hand over huge sections of the grounds for fans who are determined to make a day of it whilst their own fans sack it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                Yeah I was looking at a lot of the picks earlier and it was embarassing how biased the selections were. Few strange selections from the lesser countries too.

I suppose if Bruno Alves voted for Messi he wouldn't be too popular with Ronaldo though. Just the way it is but it's b0llocks.

Comment

• The thing i dont get is

Everyone is saying biased ****s but

I swear its voted by captains, coaches and the media?

Comment

• wtf. No Torres?

Won Euro 2012 with Spain.

Won the Champions league and FA Cup with Chelsea in 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post
                      wtf. No Torres?

Won Euro 2012 with Spain.

Won the Champions league and FA Cup with Chelsea in 2012.
                      Is also ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X