This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Street Disciple View Post
    What you mean he got treated like shlt? Everybody in Spain was on his dick.

Spanish Cup Would rather win the Community shield tbh.
    Pep never had control of what players go in and out of the club, a top manager having no say on players is a joke.

Spanish Cup > Community Shield easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by Addition View Post
      Pep never had control of what players go in and out of the club, a top manager having no say on players is a joke.

Spanish Cup > Community Shield easily.
      Well he knew what he was getting himself into when he became coach, so don't give me all that cobblers.

But it's for the very same reason you mentioned that he can't be considered a great manager. The team picks itself and they learn to play the way they do from a very young age. He actually does very little for that team compared to other managers.

Comment

• Chelsea: In 06, when Messi announced himself in Europe, his performance was hailed as magnificent. Although he played very well, we need to put it into context. Firstly, before Del Horono got sent off, Messi had not created any clear cut chances or scored himself. He had had a few nice little exchanges with Deco and that was about it. Other than that, he was contained. When Del Horono got sent off, Messi really influenced the game, but with 11 v 10. Fair enough, he still played well and he was only 18. The return leg he was obviously injured.

The next season,Messi played Chelsea and was compltely outclassed by Ashley Cole in both games, besides one moment in the first game. To counter this for Messi, Barca were not anyway near the level they were at last season due to lack of motivation, etc. So again, Messi's lack of performance in that game could be excused.

In the treble winning season, Messi was at the peak of his powers. Destroying abysmal defences in La Lifa and Europe, Madrid, Bayern, Lyon all were torn asunder by Messi and it was great to watch. However, when Chelsea came to town, all that changed. Boswinga, marked Messi out of the first leg as well as Chelsea's defense keeping him at bay. In the next leg, again, besides one moment, Messi was marked out of the game by Cole and he simply did not perform. I am not on about scoring, that means nothing at all. just because Messi hasn't scored against Chelsea means nothing. Ronaldo scored against us last weekend and I honestly thought he had an average game up until that goal. It is the fact he does not perform against them. Why is that? For me, it is because he cannot play against well organised teams that defend.

This is from a Barcelona fans speaking the truth about Ashley Cole’s performances against Messi. It is amazing how much credit Cole DOESN’T get for having Messi in his pocket for numerous years. That is right; Cole has practically beaten Messi and Ronaldo and had both of them in his pockets and these two are already considered one of the all time greats. Ashley Cole certainly has a shout ATG left back position.

Comment

• Cuenca/Tello cannot be thrown around important matches like this. They are young,they have a future yes but they are very inexperienced(Ashley Cole made Cuenca his ***** tonight

All from the Barcelona forums

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawless* View Post

All from the Barcelona forums
            If I recall correctly, someone on here actually said Cuenca was owning A. Cole during the match.

Comment

• Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
              If I recall correctly, someone on here actually said Cuenca was owning A. Cole during the match.
              It was rorymac. Later on, he green K'd me apologizing

Comment

• big deal, Cole played well.. that game was 2 days ago

Comment

It was rorymac. Later on, he green K'd me apologizing

Who do you rate as 2nd and 3rd best leftbacks in the world?

Comment

• Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post

Who do you rate as 2nd and 3rd best leftbacks in the world?
                    I personally look at the defensive quality of a LB, there first job is to defend, attacking prowess is beneficial not necessary.

1 Cole
                    2 Clichy
                    3 Marcelo

Evra doesn't get a mention. When he can handle Lennon, than we can talk.

Comment

I personally look at the defensive quality of a LB, there first job is to defend, attacking prowess is beneficial not necessary.

1 Cole
                      2 Clichy
                      3 Marcelo

Evra doesn't get a mention. When he can handle Lennon, than we can talk.
                      Clichy can't defend for shlt.

Comment

Working...
                      X