This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    introducing blue cards is going to be interesting.

What are the chances Pochettino pulls off a domestic double and finishes 11th?
    I would take 17th and the League Cup.

Comment

• you really want the club relegated.

I wonder what that would do to the club image though. Newcastle survived it but for the most part Newcastle was probably not as world recognized as Chelsea.

Even if they tried, I don't think we would get relegated. Something is bound to prop us up.

Comment

you really want the club relegated.

I wonder what that would do to the club image though. Newcastle survived it but for the most part Newcastle was probably not as world recognized as Chelsea.

Even if they tried, I don't think we would get relegated. Something is bound to prop us up.
        I get that it is a new team but if we need to banish expectations a sweet relegation is all it takes.

The Chelsea socials have been bigging up Enzo to the moon so I think the feeling at the club is that these guys are gonna be world class.

I just don't think any Chelsea fan who watches them could have any faith in them at all at this stage. They are a young and novicey team that can be intimidated and lose to any team in the Premier league - home or away on any given day.

At best that is midtable but as worst they will eventually get sucked in.

On the flipside once every 4 months we will be unplayable for 1 game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

I get that it is a new team but if we need to banish expectations a sweet relegation is all it takes.

The Chelsea socials have been bigging up Enzo to the moon so I think the feeling at the club is that these guys are gonna be world class.

I just don't think any Chelsea fan who watches them could have any faith in them at all at this stage. They are a young and novicey team that can be intimidated and lose to any team in the Premier league - home or away on any given day.

At best that is midtable but as worst they will eventually get sucked in.

On the flipside once every 4 months we will be unplayable for 1 game.
          With games like today we won't have to worry about relegation. They'll fail forward each time LOL

Conor G on his way to becoming the next Frank Lampard!

Comment

With games like today we won't have to worry about relegation. They'll fail forward each time LOL

Conor G on his way to becoming the next Frank Lampard!
            I'm not particularly enthused about any Chelsea players but if Conor can even add some goals maybe 10 league goals a season he can hold down position for years at the club. I must admit though I'm never sold on his technical ability but it as less notable when he's not deep. You have to be 'press resistant' there.

Gusto probably hurt his hamstring but unless he Reece James' himself he could become World Class.

Him and Cole Palmer are the only top signings of £1 billion splurge.

Cole had a bad game today for him.....laid on 2 assists. His stats are incredible. He is very very good at football.

How bad was Madueke at his future home of Selhurst Park? Had a rotten game.
            Last edited by Sparked_26; 02-12-2024, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• I don't want to live in this Roy Hodgson world anymore, we will be fighting Luton till decision day to avoid relegation

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                I don't want to live in this Roy Hodgson world anymore, we will be fighting Luton till decision day to avoid relegation
                Olise is crocked like Reece James.

Comment

• What was Frank Lampard at West Ham though?

If Conor can turn that ability of finding the late run into the box to convert on the half chance into a consistent match day event? He's effectively Frank Lampard 2.0 and will be doing it 3-ish years younger than when Lampard started becoming 'super'.

Hand over heart though. I would still swap many of these players for other players in the Prem.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                    I don't want to live in this Roy Hodgson world anymore, we will be fighting Luton till decision day to avoid relegation
                    The question becomes, "Who do you get to replace him?"

Because Crystal Palace has failed with as many managers as Chelsea and have nothing to show for the managerial turnover.

Comment

What was Frank Lampard at West Ham though?

If Conor can turn that ability of finding the late run into the box to convert on the half chance into a consistent match day event? He's effectively Frank Lampard 2.0 and will be doing it 3-ish years younger than when Lampard started becoming 'super'.

Hand over heart though. I would still swap many of these players for other players in the Prem.
                      Lampard was 23 I think when he joined Chelsea he started hitting numbers in his 3rd season.

Conor would need to do that next season if we dont sell him of course. Which we might his contract is running out and we are probably going to need to sell players.

Comment

Working...
                      X