This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devastating loss that really.

Losing lots of these domestic finals but on the other hand nothing is to say we continue to compete at this level for trophies unless Tuchel is backed.

When they play nothing has separated Chelsea and Liverpool and they are the best team ever we are told but this is a Chelsea team that will be be torn up somewhat this summer.

In reality the games and the league tells you Chelsea's attackers arent good enough. Big chances always fall to Pulisic and he always misses them.

There is no way Arsenal and Spurs should be anywhere near Chelsea and yet they are. Chelsea's attackers are consistently sup par and ironically Mount is probably the only one who is good enough over a season and he's the one who blows it.He really cant take a pen that boy. Missed a few.

Tough loss. But pleased that this final wasnt just handed to Chelsea's opponents by bent officials.

Congrats to the ref really and VAR. I expect to be jobbed in these finals. Have been in the previous 3.

Probably tread carefully today.

Comment

• God I hate watching Christian Pulisic play football at the moment. Woeful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        God I hate watching Christian Pulisic play football at the moment. Woeful.
        The darling of American football

Comment

• It isn't like he has no potential and in a short 2 month period a few years ago he realised it. But post hamstring tear he has lost his explosiveness and just the sheer amount of chances he misses is ruinous. Really easy ones too. He's a pathetic finisher like Werner.

Also he must be single weakest American athlete ever. Before a criticism of American footballers would be lack of technique but they would be strong. Pulisic has the physical strength of a fruit fly. He doesnt have flawless technique either. Time for him to go. He could be good somewhere else but we can't rely on him or give him any more minutes.

Maybe Boehly will want him to be a poster boy but he's not good enough. Not the only one mind. Must be better players in the US!?

Pulisic's Dad also talks s.hit. Obviously relatively speaking Pulisic is a top footballer capable of playing for a good team but ideally not good enough for Chelsea who need far better players than him to challenge. Will only ever let Chelsea down in every single big game he will ever play.
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 05-20-2022, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• To be fair Malang Saar has started 17 games for Chelsea.

Worst Chelsea player i've seen anyway. Mad stat. Shows the injuries and fatigue the squad have had. He is league 1 standard at the best if that. Pretty crap.

Comment

To be fair Malang Saar has started 17 games for Chelsea.

Worst Chelsea player i've seen anyway. Mad stat. Shows the injuries and fatigue the squad have had. He is league 1 standard at the best if that. Pretty crap.
              I dunno. I remember Danny Granville being pretty gash.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post

I dunno. I remember Danny Granville being pretty gash.
                He was fine I thought and tbf I am sure he actually game from cambridge united. I am really struggling for someone less talented than Saar.

The only one I can think of was a dude called Gareth Hall but I was like 7 when he was there and I can't trust my memories from then.

Bernard Lambourde was another one.

I rate Tuchel but the game time Saar has got I cant explain it. You just dont see players that are obviously not good enough in the prem anymore. Let alone at Chelsea. I am not saying a complete imposter but someone who you could argue shouldnt be a full time professional footballer.
                Last edited by Sparked_26; 05-20-2022, 06:53 PM.

Comment

It isn't like he has no potential and in a short 2 month period a few years ago he realised it. But post hamstring tear he has lost his explosiveness and just the sheer amount of chances he misses is ruinous. Really easy ones too. He's a pathetic finisher like Werner.

Also he must be single weakest American athlete ever. Before a criticism of American footballers would be lack of technique but they would be strong. Pulisic has the physical strength of a fruit fly. He doesnt have flawless technique either. Time for him to go. He could be good somewhere else but we can't rely on him or give him any more minutes.

Maybe Boehly will want him to be a poster boy but he's not good enough. Not the only one mind. Must be better players in the US!?

Pulisic's Dad also talks s.hit. Obviously relatively speaking Pulisic is a top footballer capable of playing for a good team but ideally not good enough for Chelsea who need far better players than him to challenge. Will only ever let Chelsea down in every single big game he will ever play.
                  I'm with you on Pulisic. Weston McKennie is a far better player (and actually starts for a Big-Five team), but has apparently too much melanin to be the poster-boy for US Soccer. With Werner, I agree with Flicker: You don't go from being a 30 goal scorer in the 2nd strongest league in the world to being a 6 goal scorer overnight unless there's something else going on that we're not seeing. If someone can take an off-season and work on his confidence he could potentially be a top goal scorer again. Hell, I'd take him on the Sounders in a heartbeat: Pair him up with Ruidiaz and just light the phucking scoreboard UP!

Comment

• Originally posted by StarshipTrooper View Post

I'm with you on Pulisic. Weston McKennie is a far better player (and actually starts for a Big-Five team), but has apparently too much melanin to be the poster-boy for US Soccer. With Werner, I agree with Flicker: You don't go from being a 30 goal scorer in the 2nd strongest league in the world to being a 6 goal scorer overnight unless there's something else going on that we're not seeing. If someone can take an off-season and work on his confidence he could potentially be a top goal scorer again. Hell, I'd take him on the Sounders in a heartbeat: Pair him up with Ruidiaz and just light the phucking scoreboard UP!
                    I agree that McKennie has probably surpassed Pulisic, think Reyna does too with a healthy year or 2.
                    StarshipTrooper StarshipTrooper likes this.

Comment

He was fine I thought and tbf I am sure he actually game from cambridge united. I am really struggling for someone less talented than Saar.

The only one I can think of was a dude called Gareth Hall but I was like 7 when he was there and I can't trust my memories from then.

Bernard Lambourde was another one.

I rate Tuchel but the game time Saar has got I cant explain it. You just dont see players that are obviously not good enough in the prem anymore. Let alone at Chelsea. I am not saying a complete imposter but someone who you could argue shouldnt be a full time professional footballer.
                      Tbh after reading your post i was trying to think of terrible Chelsea players of the past, but even in the 90's you mainly had hard working average players at worst. Granville was all I could think of. Was gonna say Bogarde but he never actually played lol

Comment

Working...
                      X