Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be honest, I'm not a great football fan these days.

I'll watch Chelsea vs anyone but other than that I will only watch games between big English teams.

I could never sit down and watch anyone else. I'm curious about Dortmund with Haaland, Sancho and Reyna but I would never go too far out of my way to watch them.

As a kid I was genuinely interested in Lazio. I'd go to Chelsea on Saturday and watch Football Italia on the Sunday. I loved Signori. And I've never been more excited by a signing ever than Di Matteo arriving to Chelsea from Lazio.

Back in the late 90's and early 00s the Old firm was a great game but that's long since passed now. In terms of quality on the pitch

But yeah I dont know about players these days unless they play in England or have played vs Chelsea. Which is why I was pretty hopeful about Ziyech because he tore Chelsea apart. Chilwell is solid. My view of werner was just him not scoring in a disastrous world cup for Germany and scoring a pen vs Spurs.

Havertz I know literally f.uck all about.

But he's definitely made the right choice in moving to Chelsea ahead of supposed interest from Real Madrid. I think his career would be over there already. He doesnt have that swaggering confidence that you need to impact their team. He's gonna be someone who is gonna have to be babied.
    Last edited by Sparked_26; 12-18-2020, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• How available are other leagues in the uk? Espn+ is amazing value over here I watch more serie a than premier league and the top Bundesliga, la liga clubs

As a neutral I would want to watch the best game on the day and it's super easy now days I'd probably get bored if all I had to watch was premier league

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        How available are other leagues in the uk? Espn+ is amazing value over here I watch more serie a than premier league and the top Bundesliga, la liga clubs

As a neutral I would want to watch the best game on the day and it's super easy now days I'd probably get bored if all I had to watch was premier league
        Well I've got a subscription to BT and sky sports. So Bundesliga is on sky bt and I think serie A is too and ligue 1 or what it is.

I dont know if la liga is on there but I just have never liked that league outside if there is a maybe a Brit a Real Madrid.

Comment

• 13 games in & we've already got a survival battle in the Bundesliga with Schalke vs Arminia. We have Huub Stevens back after firing the second manage of the season.

Crazy to watch a team that was giving Real the works in the CL not so long back that finished 2nd in the Bundesliga fighting for survival winless in 28 games but guess that is what happens when you loose players like Huntelaar, Sane, Fuchs, Matip, Naldo, Goretzka, Nubel, Fuchs, Kolasinac etc etc

I don't even understand what happened. One minute they were playing well the next they just fell apart and City destroyed them embarrassingly 7-0 in the CL and it took their souls lol

Comment

• Schalke is what happens when you sell all your talent and have a revolving door of managers.

I think even Bayern's CEO said something to the effect of, if Schalke didn't sell all their talent, they'd be winning the league.

Big statement but true. We are talking: Neuer, Sane, Ozil, Draxler, Goretzka, Rakitic, Kehrer, Matip, Rafinha etc.

They'd have a health mix of young and older stars to last them a long time.

Doesn't help that they aren't he most financially equipped club either and they try to promote from within.

A good move for Schalke might be giving Ralph Rangnick the keys to the castle. What he did with Leipzig, might save Schalke if they give him full control.

Comment

• Palace got the D

Comment

• Man United making short work of Leeds.

3 goals under 25 minutes.

Why can't Chelsea put good teams to the sword. Jesus.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Man United making short work of Leeds.

3 goals under 25 minutes.

Why can't Chelsea put good teams to the sword. Jesus.
                  Work in progress really

I was happy with us for months but off the back of the 2 defeats it was a wake up call. Standards dropped and visibly less effort has been put in with players just expecting their quality to show.

A few players are out of form now, especially the German boys. Theyve been so bad in those two games that really a measure of success for both will be working hard in the next game.

Havertz should look at how Oscar played for Chelsea and Werner should be looking at Jamie Vardy.

Oscar only really showed glimpses of class but I never questioned his desire and effort and he was effective off the back of that.

Vardy even on his worst day exhausts defenders mentally because he is always trying to get in behind.

Form comes and goes but you cant take the field without at least competing hard against your opposite number.

I can see why Germany lost 6 nil to Spain just based on our lads.

Hope they prove me wrong because Werner is a 30 goal a season man if he doesnt melt.

Comment

• Quartriple treble winners 12 domestic trophies in a row .

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X