Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In reality, yeah Frank can screw this up and his star wont fall. But he's not even had an opportunity to pick his first XI yet.

But you have to look at the legacy of Sarri and even Conte. Sarri's is Jorgi and Kepa, and Conte who was excellent has nobody in our current team that he brought in either from elsewhere or thr youth teamm

If we are talking about coaching and team building Lampard has brought in: Mount, James, Gilmour, Tomori, Tammy to good affect. Pulisic had his best league campaign. The players he has bought: Chilwell, Havertz, Werner will be at Chelsea for 6-7 seasons unless Real Madrid come in.

So for just over a season of work and with window the main basis of that team will be the same for the best part of a decade.

Ziyech is here and now quality signing and Silva is brought in with the hope of improving the two academy centre halves in Christensen and Tomori.

It isnt perfect but with a tiny bit foresight I'm pretty confident we will win a league title fairly soon.

Comment

• Will Man City go out and spend 60m on a 6th choice right back after that performance?

Also Mourhino maybe a salt ***** but he does come through with the one liners now and again

Comment

• To be fair I'm salty for him and even Spurs.

You cant be a footy fan and enjoy this handball nonsense. Absolute nonsense.

I don't even really understand why Chelsea's equaliser stood. It defo hit Havertz hand but the rule is if it was 2 phases of play ago it doesnt count. If the whole thing was any time it hits a hand it's a foul then theyve blurred that line already.

If it has to be a foul. Amend the rule and make it an indirect free kick.

Essentially giving teams a goal makes a mockery of the whole sport

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
          Its a reasonable criticism of poch that he hasnt won anything. Really though it's only at spurs where he should have won something.

But his quality is pretty obvious to see when you look how he got spurs and Southampton playing. He's a coach that actually likes to coach players too. He made average players play above their ability. Only time I liked danny rose was when poch arrived. He stunk before and after.

I don't even know what lampard has achieved so far in his managerial career to be seen as above poch. Getting derby to the playoffs? Wow I think even steve mclaren managed that.

I don't say this to be super critical of him but he got Derby to finish in the same exact spot as before him. He finished 1 position lower with Chelsea, than we did a year before him. Lost every final he has managed thus far, including one against a manager as new to it as him, who came in the middle of the season with a shambolic team spirit (Arteta).

It's not to be critical but it's Lampard's managerial C.V. thus far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            In reality, yeah Frank can screw this up and his star wont fall. But he's not even had an opportunity to pick his first XI yet.

But you have to look at the legacy of Sarri and even Conte. Sarri's is Jorgi and Kepa, and Conte who was excellent has nobody in our current team that he brought in either from elsewhere or thr youth teamm

If we are talking about coaching and team building Lampard has brought in: Mount, James, Gilmour, Tomori, Tammy to good affect. Pulisic had his best league campaign. The players he has bought: Chilwell, Havertz, Werner will be at Chelsea for 6-7 seasons unless Real Madrid come in.

So for just over a season of work and with window the main basis of that team will be the same for the best part of a decade.

Ziyech is here and now quality signing and Silva is brought in with the hope of improving the two academy centre halves in Christensen and Tomori.

It isnt perfect but with a tiny bit foresight I'm pretty confident we will win a league title fairly soon.
            If he screws this up, he's definitely losing his star. You'd have a point if Chelsea spent nothing. But because of the fact Chelsea spent peak Real Madrid money and Lampard messes that up? He'll 100% lost his luster. Because no one can say "well, if he had money and backing." like they do for Ole.

He'll get another shot at a lesser club though, maybe Newcastle or something and if he fluffs that up as well. He won't be seen at the top of football again. He'll be like Moyes, Hodgson, Allardyce etc. in revolving doors of Fulham, West Ham type clubs.

The main thing I don't understand with Lampard and my main gripe with him however, is his team selection.

He knows his best players. Inarguable. He knows what he wants to do. Inarguable. Why does he not plug the new players into their best positions alongside his best players and formation?

CHO - Werner - Havertz
            Mount - Kante - Kovacic
            Azpi - Thiago - Zouma - Reece

Giroud/Tammy
            Werner - Havertz
            Alonso - Mount - Kante - Reece
            Zouma - Thiago - Azpi

How hard is that? That's literally Lampard's best formations last season, with the best players from last season + plugging the new players into their actual positions.

I don't get it. That's literally all Ole did when he got Bruno Fernandes and they finished 3rd from being outside of the top 6 for most of the season.

But Frank puts Mount on the wing. Werner on the wing. Plays Jorginho ffs. Plays Alonso in a back 4 when every football follower knows Azpi can play left back since 2014.

I don't get it. Of course when Chilwell, Pulisic, Ziyech return. Things should dramatically improve but momentum and motivation is a delicate balance and can go right out the window quickly. Look at Chelsea 2016 as a perfect example.

Comment

• DioGOAT Jota to clap Arsenal’s cheeks tonight lads....jot that down. Don’t say I didn’t give you a heads up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                DioGOAT Jota to clap Arsenal’s cheeks tonight lads....jot that down. Don’t say I didn’t give you a heads up.
                What a gem, proper Klopp type player. That boy will be special

Comment

• The heir to Ronaldo's throne

Comment

• I'm enjoying the lack of fans. The offensive quality have been staggering across the broad in various leagues. We have freaking Inter Milan scoring 10 goals in 2 matches. Bundesliga is just shooting non stop and Premier League is dropping big scorelines haven't seen in years. I truly believe players are under a lot more pressure playing with fans from a offensive standpoint. They don't take as many risks and the defense is tighter. No fans or few fans means the defense isn't trying as hard. GOALS GALORE. The passing have been sublime as well. Watching some of these Dortmund, Milan, Premier League games have been mouthwatering stuff

Comment

• There goes Liverpool's domestic treble.

Comment

Working...
                      X