This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JrRod View Post
    He carried a team no one expected to come close to the final. He was the heart and soul of that Croatian team.
    Meh...

There were really no stand outs for the year Modric won it by default

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
      DID he? I thought Croatia were pretty ordinary once they got out of the groups.. either winning in extra time or pens.. then getting smashed in the final

I guess that + CL win pushed him over the edge..

If it was just a bunch of hipster journalists voting this time I understand why Ronaldo didn't get the vote.. specially with the metoo stuff
      Think Ronaldo not winning had more to do with Florentino Perez, and the power he pulls. He wasn't gonna let a guy he parted with in bad terms win anything.

At least that's what Marca and ESPN deportes USA were reporting.
      Last edited by JJRod; 12-04-2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        Yeah it’s the Spaniards who are mad and they cheat religiously.

The Spanish govt wrote off £1 billion worth of debt to both clubs in taxes.

So City fiddling the books with their own Prince’s money isn’t the same as a billion pounds of public money just disappearing that could be spent on hospitals and schools.

Also compare that to the regeneration that City have done in a toilet part of Manchester. City actually serve a purpose to the public good.

Manchester City are cheating probably because they hired Barfa execs tbh, lol.

I see this knowing it would benefit Chelsea if they were chucked out but it would be sickening.

I hope Citeh win the champions league

Barca and Real Madrid are the biggest phoneys in sport
        Manchester City is funded by UAE public money that could have gone to Hospital and schools in that country same with PSG

I can understand why some are getting upset by it

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          Meh...

There were really no stand outs for the year Modric won it by default
          What about Salah?

Comment

• Originally posted by JrRod View Post
            What about Salah?
            Salah had a great year for Liverpool but was **** for Egypt let's be honest he probably had to take Egypt to the finals to be even considered

Comment

Manchester City is funded by UAE public money that could have gone to Hospital and schools in that country same with PSG

I can understand why some are getting upset by it
              I get that but it’s still not as blatant as what the Spain do.

They see Real Madrid as a source of soft power.

If the British government treated Man U say like the Spanish government treat Real Madrid. Man United would be about to win their 20th Champions league title this season

Comment

• Southampton supposedly hiring the ex Leipzig manager is interesting.

If he can get Soton running like he did Leipzig, they'll be a fun watch as a neutral.

Also sort of damning for Nagelsmann. German football isn't discussed too much in here but after he was announced as the next Leipzig manager, Hoffenheim have been nothing short of disappointing. Strange because even Tedesco is doing poorly and he is similar to Nagelsmann. Could end up being a mistake for Leipzig letting Hasenhuttl go.

Comment

Salah had a great year for Liverpool but was **** for Egypt let's be honest he probably had to take Egypt to the finals to be even considered
                  Yeah, but he was also hurt during the world cup. Not that it would have made much a difference imo but wonder if the voters took that into consideration.

Comment

• He said all the right things in his press conference. Let's hope it works out.
                    Last edited by JJRod; 12-04-2018, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      Frank De Boer would probably work at Soton very well. They are very similar to Ajax in the way they are ran and in their player resources as well.

Soton really need an identity. They lack one despite having quality players. Gabiadini for example is better than every Chelsea striker on the books right now. Redmond is easily better than Willian idgaf. Willian is Aaron Lennon in disguise.
                      Leave it out ffs.

Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                      I'd be pretty surprised if Arsenal got within 12-15 points of City by the end of the season.
                      I'd be pretty surprised if anyone got within 12-15 points of City by the end of the season.
                      Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                      Ronaldo got ****ing robbed

Disgrace.. Don't even think Modric had that great a world cup
                      Joke decision.

Should be Messi by default every year till he's about 45.

Comment

Working...
                      X