• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...and right on queue, a quote from Sarri's press conference today:

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
      ...and right on queue, a quote from Sarri's press conference today:

Wouldn’t be a problem if he was 30 yards further back.

To be fair Sarri is to live or die by that particular decision so I’m not going to criticise him for it too much even if to me and most people on earth who like football it seems wrong - he’s going balls out. And most Chelsea manager in the end just retreat into themselves.

Kante is not 300k a week box to box midfielder though so the decision in the end has to be whether to start Kante.

I dunno we’ll see. Chelsea were horrific against Spurs whereas they’ve looked good for a while.

Spurs probably won’t win for a month now anyway now they’ve shot their load.

Comment

I haven't learnt anything about Jorginho from watching him 7-8 times for Chelsea that I didn't already know from watching him in the same system at Napoli about 40 times.

He's still the perfect player to play at the base of the midfield for us in recycling possession and breaking the lines.

2 games ago you and sparked were calling him a metronome/premium signing, give it another few weeks and maybe you'll be back to that line of thinking. It pains me to see how reactionary you lot are.

Sarri's way of playing is complex and it will take more than 3 months of a season for the squad to get used to that, I think there were quotes coming from Sarri along those lines at the beginning of the season. The good start Chelsea made has blinded people into thinking that that's their level. It isn't yet. Expect Sarri to have the same teething problems Pep had in the first season here because of the radical changes in philosophy from Conte's methods.

...and Jorginho with his attributes is the key to that entire philosophy, Sarri knows that. Anyone suggesting Kante should be put back into that position at the base just doesn't get it at all unfortunately.
        There’s truth in that but the issue at the moment is Jorginho has been targeted twice and we’ve looked crappy.

And all the good teams we’ve played have targeted have got to us by targeting him.

The problem will be as usual is if we start to get beat regularly we’ll look like a rag tag team of overhyped mercenaries with not a single English player in the starting line up.

But...I like watching Chelsea.
        Not said that for a long time.
        The issue is as I have said from the very beginning is that there aren’t enough goals in the team.

2 nil down might as well be 6
        Nil. We’re not coming back from that.

Comment

• Shout out to Falcao missing that penalty against Athletico.

Comment

• Eriksen

please dont leave us

Comment

• What do Spurs need to qualify?

I want them to drop into the s.hite cup so we can beat them in it

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                What do Spurs need to qualify?

I want them to drop into the s.hite cup so we can beat them in it
                If Milan beat PSV, we need to beat barca at the camp nou to go through on GD

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  If Milan beat PSV, we need to beat barca at the camp nou to go through on GD
                  Seems a tall order but I suppose Barca will blood some youngsters.

Did anyone see Barfa are gonna rename their ground for £400 million?

Watch, they’ll do this a few times.

Just as they look like they’re slipping slightly. The Spanish teams are 100% bogus.

They know signings like Malcolm ain’t gonna cut it.

They’ll pick up Salah and Eriksen and Hazard in the summer probably. Maybe Icardi too.

And they’ll get Pep back.

Then they’ll sell a door knob to a private investor for a £200 mill just in case.
                  Last edited by Sparked_26; 11-28-2018, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    Eriksen

please dont leave us
                    Just setting yourselves up for heartbreak. Barca 5-0 incoming

Comment

I haven't learnt anything about Jorginho from watching him 7-8 times for Chelsea that I didn't already know from watching him in the same system at Napoli about 40 times.

He's still the perfect player to play at the base of the midfield for us in recycling possession and breaking the lines.

2 games ago you and sparked were calling him a metronome/premium signing, give it another few weeks and maybe you'll be back to that line of thinking. It pains me to see how reactionary you lot are.

Sarri's way of playing is complex and it will take more than 3 months of a season for the squad to get used to that, I think there were quotes coming from Sarri along those lines at the beginning of the season. The good start Chelsea made has blinded people into thinking that that's their level. It isn't yet. Expect Sarri to have the same teething problems Pep had in the first season here because of the radical changes in philosophy from Conte's methods.

...and Jorginho with his attributes is the key to that entire philosophy, Sarri knows that. Anyone suggesting Kante should be put back into that position at the base just doesn't get it at all unfortunately.
                      The age old question is what Jorginho is coming up on though.

Can he play in England?

We know his style of play, we know what he is good at, we know he is integral to Sarri's football philosophy.

However, if you can get marked out of the game and cant recover because the speed of the league. Then your abilities really dont matter. You are just a luxury at that point.

Even Ozil came up on the questions of if he can play on England. He came to answer those questions very well but never the less even a world class #10 nearlt failed in England if not for him adapting his game.

Jorgi is coming up on the time to answer those questions. The big issue with it is that he wont be afforded 1 year to do so like Ozil. He will have to answer immediately because once Sarri gets sacked. He is going to have to show that he can be more versatile than a recycler of possession in a niche system.

With Pep, im certain he could get away with it because Pep will do things to cover his liabilities but say Mancini... Jorgi, in my opinion would have been up schit's creek at City if he cant adapt his game.
                      Last edited by F l i c k e r; 11-29-2018, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X