This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Donnarumma was billed as the next Buffon despite being still very young I've never seen this great promise. Alright shot stopper but his handling, distribution are terrible. His judgement is bad - none stop comes to claim the ball only to miss it by a mile.
    His positioning sucks he's one of those shotstopper types that'll make a routine 25 yard effort look a great save from time to time purely because his positioning sucks.

He's basically the next Joe Hart.

He'll flop in the Prem.
    That doesn’t sound good.

From the keepers we’ve been linked with I think I feel most confident about Kasper.

Chelsea are meant to have a great young keeper anyway forget his name but he’s like 17 and 6’6 some eastern Euro. So he can look forward to a solid loan spell at Vitesse Arnhem.

Kasper is a good age at 31. But even he makes mistakes.

Oblak is the one you’d think would be good. But £80 mill for a keeper. No chance

Comment

• Kid is just 19. He's still raw. Give him a good goalkeeping coach and watch him grow. He's got the frame and potential to be world class.

Even De Gea was shet in his first season in Manure. Saying that but yeah his errors are comical.

Comment

• I am shocked at how bad De Gea was for Spain.. made 2 or 3? possible more big errors at the World Cup

Past couple of seasons he's had maybe a couple errors in him max at United across a whole season.

Maybe it was just down to the huge pressure on Spain.. especially after the kicked the manager out 1 day before the tournament

Comment

• Also i saw some talk questioning 65m for Allison here.. I don't get it.. if he's good it's well worth the money. De Gea has been United's best player over the last 2 seasons (possibly Ibra one season)..

The guy has saved/earned us way more points then say Pogba who we got for 80m+

You guys are way undervaluing the goalkeeping position.. Even under Fergie United really struggled at points when we Transitioned between Schmeichel and Van Der Saar

Comment

• In my head I just compare every keeper to a prime Cech.

I guess he’d be worth £80 mill In todays market. Is Oblak as good as that? I don’t think so.

This Alison might be but tbh I don’t think a prime Cech concedes 7 goals in 2 games. He was that good. It’d be tough to literally beat him 7 times even if he had 10 fishermen in front of him
            Last edited by Sparked_26; 07-20-2018, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              In my head I just compare every keeper to a prime Cech.

I guess he’d be worth £80 mill In todays market. Is Oblak as good as that? I don’t think so.

This Alison might be but tbh I don’t think a prime Cech concedes 7 goals in 2 games. He was that good. It’d be tough to literally beat him 7 times even if he had 10 fishermen in front of him
              If he wins you 10 points every year he's worth it. As others have said, GK just as important a position as any other.

People complained similarly about City paying 50m on fullbacks and 34m on Ederson last year. Every position is a difference maker if you get it right.

This 'you can't spend x on a x' stuff is rudimentary thinking.

Also, the important of the GK in a system like Sarri's is massive. He wants a ballplayer there like Pep. Sets the tone for the entire team.
              Last edited by El Fenomeno; 07-20-2018, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• Best transfer window of my life by a country mile for us.

Fekir would be the icing on the cake, or another quality number 10.

Don't want us relying on that overrated bum Lallana whilst Ox is out. Fekir would be perfect. Looks like it won't be happening though.

Still a fantastic transfer window doe, Keita looks tasty. Cannot wait to see how he does in the Prem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  Any of you footie hipsters got an opinion the young Milan goalie?

Looks like Chelsea will likely go for him. He sounds like a bit of bellend like Teeeboooo. Shaking his boyhood club down for money.

What is wrong with keepers? Are they all pricks or what.

Apart from Jordan Pickford he’s another one from that England squad that is adorable.

Even Karius would be embarrassed at some of them

Tbf though i'm sure most top keepers would have highlight reels like that if they were thrown in to the first team at 17. Must have something special about him if a club like Milan decided he was good enough at 17.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                    If he wins you 10 points every year he's worth it. As others have said, GK just as important a position as any other.

People complained similarly about City paying 50m on fullbacks and 34m on Ederson last year. Every position is a difference maker if you get it right.

This 'you can't spend x on a x' stuff is rudimentary thinking.

Also, the important of the GK in a system like Sarri's is massive. He wants a ballplayer there like Pep. Sets the tone for the entire team.
                    I buy into this point to an extent.

But ultimately if you don’t score goals you aren’t winning any games. Hence why those players will always have more value.

You can’t really get better at football than Iniesta but even in his prime his market value would have been way below some lesser lights.

But the market has come around to your way of thinking so proof is in the pudding we’ll see what happens.

But honestly, a chairman gives you £100 million to spend on either a full back or a striker the rest of your team is pretty good, all 7/10.

You’re buying the striker every time

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post

Even Karius would be embarrassed at some of them

Tbf though i'm sure most top keepers would have highlight reels like that if they were thrown in to the first team at 17. Must have something special about him if a club like Milan decided he was good enough at 17.
                      Some shockers in there but so young.

He shouldn’t really be playing at that age to be fair.

Comment

Working...
                      X