Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depending on who you talk to Sterling is either one of the worst players to put on an England shirt of all time or he's one of the best players in his position in England. No middle ground to be seen.

Comment

• Anyone see that young English kid Jadon Sancho play for Dortmund? He had some performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
        Loads of kids move countries at younger ages than that don't they? Don't think it shows he has a good attitude.

He hasn't been vindicated with the move, not yet anyway. City only have 2 proper wingers, he definitely would've played just as much if not more than he has at Dortmund if he'd stayed. Would've gained loads working with the first team and Pep too.

Sterling has been superb this year. He misses his fair share of chances but he only gets the amount of chances he does because his movement off the ball is phenomenal. I'll be shocked if Sane can ever outscore Sterling in a season because he isn't able to consistently get himself into the scoring positions that Sterling can. If Sterling can sort out his composure you're looking at monster numbers every single season.
        He's 18 and they've given him the 7 shirt, says it all about their plans for him. They're easing him in to the team perfectly, rather than throwing him straight into the deep end. The boy clearly has massive potential and is now at a club who have a proper plan for him.

The reason why Sterling scores more than Sane is because Sane has so much more to offer than open net tap ins. Sterling is a proper bum who is living off the world class players around him, how many of his goals this season have been tap ins? I genuinely believe Aaron Lennon or some other pace merchant bummy winger would get just as much, if not more goals than Sterling in this City side. How much does he contribute to the game apart from when the world class players around him like De Bruyne, Silva etc put it on a plate for him? Same at Liverpool, Suarez and Sturridge did all the hard work for him.

Mark my words, Pep will get rid within 2 years. Simply not good enough, and runs like a little girl.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Anyone see that young English kid Jadon Sancho play for Dortmund? He had some performance.

The boy looks nice, that simply cannot be denied.

Hearing talk of Klopp already taking an interest.....we'd have all 3 of Englands best young players at the club....Brewster, Alexander Arnold and Sancho.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
            lol sterling is crap, every time i see him play he misses complete sitters and scuffs the ball wide from 5 yards out, hes basically Arron Lennon.
            He's not even as good as Aaron Lennon was.

Is it just me or is he not that fast for a 90 pound 5'5 skinny little twig? Lennon was fooking lightning, Sterling doesn't even seem all that fast to me for his body type. And his dribbling is horrendously bad. His shooting is by far and away the worst i've ever seen from a professional footballer, passing non existent. Runs like a little girl, misses minimum three open nets per game etc etc.

And then we've gotta hear how he should be winning young player of the year for all of the above when he costs 50 million quid!

Zaha would look like Cristiano Ronaldo himself in this City side, Shaun Wright Phillips would get 30 goals, Theo Walcott would probably get a good 25 or so, and Sterling getting 12 is some sort of achievement?! give over.

Comment

• One of them innit.

I criticise Morata a lot but actually the man misses at least one absolute sitter per game. But he keeps getting the chances.

But.....Torres would miss a sitter and wouldnt get another shot on goal for 6 weeks. If we weren't stung by Torres Chelsea fans would probably be more patient I guess.

Giroud is better than him though. But if Giroud wasn't good Arsenal wouldn't have had him as a their top dog for so many years.

Still think Chelsea won't be able to do much unless they get real stallion up there. In fact, we need a whole new spine really so maybe it don't matter. A striker would probably get us in the top 4 though if we get only get a worldie in one position.
              Last edited by Sparked_26; 04-23-2018, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• I guess I'm the only neutral that likes Sterling?

Sane is better than him though. Sane is astonishingly good. He's gonna be absolutely disgusting come next Euros. How City won the lottery on that one? I'll never know.

Chelsea's board need to pull their heads out of their asses because it's criminal to see players like Sane, Salah, Martial and Kane at rival clubs.

While we sit and sign types like Bakayoko and ****ing Ross Barkley and who tf knows how good he is because he's the only man injured more often than Danny Ings.

Comment

• Do you know who has no passing range whatsoever? Delle Alli.

Literally zero.

His constant braces against Chelsea are infuriating. He's not really that good at any one thing but scoring. Even his much talked about 'understanding' with Harry Kane is codswallop. Eriksen has a good understanding with Kane because Eriksen is a brilliant player. Alli has a passing range of about 10 metres. It always surprises me.

Sterling does have strong points. He makes those out to in runs, he's deceptively strong and he puts himself where he might score.

The thing with England is that they have a few players that could finish something off but nobody to supply the bullets.

Ruben Loftus Cheek should start ahead of Delle Alli at the world cup for the simple reason he's stronger, better at football, at can break the first press by dribbling past the first tackler.
                  Last edited by Sparked_26; 04-23-2018, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                    The boy looks nice, that simply cannot be denied.

Hearing talk of Klopp already taking an interest.....we'd have all 3 of Englands best young players at the club....Brewster, Alexander Arnold and Sancho.

I'd love to see him under Klopp his ability to transform pacey wingers is something to behold.
                    I don't think Stoger will be staying but he makes me worry about the lads progression.

He looks incredibly talented and plays well beyond his age.

Comment

• I remember Ruben Loftus Cheek from when he played vs Schalke in the youth academy.
                      If memory serves we had Kehrer, Schroter, Leroy Sane (possibly Meyer though he's always been overrated) and a heap of insanely good upcoming talent - as did they but RLC was easily the best player on the pitch so good I followed him for a while.
                      I thought that kid was the next big thing though hear nothing of him these days.
                      Granted I don't watch much EPL apart from Liverpool and the odd game here and there but I really expected the lad to make some noise.
                      He reminded me a lot of Goretzka only a much better decision maker.
                      Last edited by dan_cov; 04-23-2018, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X