Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messi has been at 2 or 3? World cups now with quality players.. They got to the last final by being dog**** and scrapping 1-0 wins.. with a great defence (despite a plethora of attacking talents) Flicker is 100% right.. i just guess he's an easy target as he's a yank and talks about stats a bit.

Probably Sparked is right and the little prick took the night off cause it was Spain

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
      Do they?

Otamendi is a cracking CB in amongst a sea of average, Aguero's record is patchy at international level and the rest of their attackers don't get a look in really.

Banega is decent but has never been consistent enough to make it at a top club.

The rest are average. The only reason anyone gives them any chance is because of Messi.
      It can't even be disputed that Argentina have had some of the best players to pick from in the world over the last 10 years (even currently).. Only beaten by perhaps Germany or France.. in terms of overall talent

If the manager can't get the best out of the likes of Di Maria/Aguero/Higuain/Dybala/Messi.. that still doesn't stop them being world class.. Most national sides would kill for just one or two of those players

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
        Messi has been at 2 or 3? World cups now with quality players.. They got to the last final by being dog**** and scrapping 1-0 wins.. with a great defence (despite a plethora of attacking talents) Flicker is 100% right.. i just guess he's an easy target as he's a yank and talks about stats a bit.

Probably Sparked is right and the little prick took the night off cause it was Spain
        He's played out of his skin in 2 WCs alongside mediocre teammates, dragging one to a final. If you look through the teams he played in you'll see how much dross there is/was in those teams.

That's without even talking about having to play under a manager like Diego Maradona, lol.

Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
        It can't even be disputed that Argentina have had some of the best players to pick from in the world over the last 10 years (even currently).. Only beaten by perhaps Germany or France.. in terms of overall talent

If the manager can't get the best out of the likes of Di Maria/Aguero/Higuain/Dybala/Messi.. that still doesn't stop them being world class.. Most national sides would kill for just one or two of those players
        They have quality attacking players and that's it, that's been the case for 10 years. Teams like Germany/France/Spain/Brazil/Belgium have world class players in most positions. The rest of Argentina's team is made up of mid-table players.

All the players you listed at the bottom are attacking players, only 2 of them will play.

Look at their starting midfield which will probably be Banega/Biglia/La Celsa and you can see how painfully average they are.

Comment

Do they?

Otamendi is a cracking CB in amongst a sea of average, Aguero's record is patchy at international level and the rest of their attackers don't get a look in really.

Banega is decent but has never been consistent enough to make it at a top club.

The rest are average. The only reason anyone gives them any chance is because of Messi.
          Feasibly they could have a strike force of Messi, Dybala, Aguero with Icardi and Higuian on the bench.

Admittedly all their best players are strikers if they can shoehorn like 4 of them in there they'll beat everyone apart from Spain and Germany, and maybe Brazil.

Comment

Stones has lost his form for City since he came back from injury in Jan tbf. Was brilliant before that. Looks like Southgate likes him though so he'll probably play.

What's the deal with Walker CB? Dunno what to think about him starting WC games there.
            Walked has been a revelation there tbh.

Southgate actually using some initiative. One of Chelsea's most valuable attacking outlets is Azpi from that right sided CB role. Walker could probably even overlap the full back if he wanted to if Dier or Henderson drops in.

I've been impressed with Southgate tbh. He's trying things. 3 centre backs makes sense if the defenders aren't strong but against weaker teams they all need to bring the ball out.

Stones, Maguire, and Walker would work nicely.

I would want one muck and nettles defender in there. I'd think Lascelles would be the best bet really.

When Southgate gets fired I think he deserves a bit of credit.

Comment

He's played out of his skin in 2 WCs alongside mediocre teammates, dragging one to a final. If you look through the teams he played in you'll see how much dross there is/was in those teams.

That's without even talking about having to play under a manager like Diego Maradona, lol.

They have quality attacking players and that's it, that's been the case for 10 years. Teams like Germany/France/Spain/Brazil/Belgium have world class players in most positions. The rest of Argentina's team is made up of mid-table players.

All the players you listed at the bottom are attacking players, only 2 of them will play.

Look at their starting midfield which will probably be Banega/Biglia/La Celsa and you can see how painfully average they are.
              And yet last world cup they got to the final of the back of a rock solid defence.. they scored only 9 goals in 7 games.. how did Messi carry anything? all i remember is him failing in the final

I think Messi somehow won the player of the tournament and even Maradonna called that BS.. should have gone to Mascherano
              Last edited by MOTHERDUCKER; 03-28-2018, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• I'm not hearing that. Many of Argentina's players play regularly in Europe's top 5 leagues. While their best players are attacking players, they aren't fielding MLS players.

Milan, Roma, Sevilla, United, PSG. I'm not hearing that they are average. You don't get into those sides being average. Maybe Fiorentina and Eibar but not PSG, Roma etc.

Paredes, Biglia, Pastore, Banega, Perotti. All you need is 2-3 mids. Pick one.

Nico Gaitan, Di Maria, Erik Lamela, Joaquin Correa, Angel Correa, Lanzini. 2-3 attacking mids. Pick one.

Mateo Musacchio, Ezequiel Garay. Pick one alongside Otamendi. Add Rojo if you play 3 at the back.

Argentina have talent. None of those dudes play at bum clubs (Lanzini excluded). 442. 433. You're beating most teams if the team focus isn't "Pass to Messi -> stand and watch".

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                  And yet last world cup they got to the final of the back of a rock solid defence.. they scored only 9 goals in 7 games.. how did Messi carry anything? all i remember is him failing in the final
                  It's probably a blessing and a curse to play with Messi in the NT.

They probably get more hope playing with Messi but then forget to actually try because they have him. Then without him, they have low confidence despite being talented.

The only question mark is their fullbacks. I have no clue who they got at rb/lb. Other than old man Zabaleta. No idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    It is fans of your Gillinghams, Shrewsburys, Rochdales, Plymouths who are PROPER fans of the England team.
                    I can assure you that lower league football fans give even less of a s**t than PL fans. Tbh it’s mostly people who don’t follow football regularly that care about England.

Comment

• Originally posted by E10Rifle View Post
                      I can assure you that lower league football fans give even less of a s**t than PL fans. Tbh it’s mostly people who don’t follow football regularly that care about England.
                      Tbh I just go on those St George's flags with club names on em

Comment

Working...
                      X