This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Ox View Post
    Disgraceful officiating today lads, 3 clear penalties & two red cards all gone unnoticed from the bell3nd ref

My boy Karius doe, looking more and more like Neuer every game
    What about The Ox?

Comment

• Morata is an awful player. Went to the game today and a ball came down his throat and he ended up moving himself 5 yards to the side and throwning an ankle at it.

Might be the biggest pus we've ever had.

Not for me. Sell. Sell. Sell. Huge mistake. God knows how he's actually scored goals. Awful, awful, awful player

Worst striker I've seen. And I've seen Furlong and Sutton
      Last edited by Sparked_26; 03-10-2018, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Hope we give Cajones FC a good kicking tomorrow.

Comment

• Just seen that Palace goal. Pretty sure that only goes in against Tibo.

Surely he's bound to make saves at some point. He's a big problem for Chelsea. Making him play out from the back is pointless too. He never attempts any wall passes so all he is essentially doing is putting someone else under pressure. City's keeper who can play will occasionally break the first press himself. If your keeper can't do that I don't see how playing out from the back whilst being pressed is better than the tried and tested 120 year old tactic of kicking down the middle of the pitch. Not even the side. The hoof to the wing and flick to middle never made sense to me if the goal is to reach the middle. Just put the ball there.

A lot of what Chelsea do doesn't really make much sense. 3 at the back often marking zero players is a big issue. Cahill or Rudiger not being natural on the left side is another as the can't add anything on the ball and commit an extra man going forward.

Had a great seat today, really high up. Gives you a different perspective one thing noticeable, and he is someone I criticise for his lack of athleticism isn that Cesc is probably our best footballer. He sees passes like he has a birds eye view. Some of his 'over hit' passes are actually perfect it's just his teammates aren't as good as him. Even Hazard doesn't always anticipate his delivery. Cesc can't take a corner to save his life though. One of the biggest anomalys in footie

Comment

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
            Hope we give Cajones FC a good kicking tomorrow.
            I hope so too, Wenger in

Comment

• Reminds me of Veron and Scholes when I used to go.. those 2 could see passes that no one else could.. and they could pull them off 9/10.. Even Beckham near that time wasn't nearly as good

Veron is legit one of the best players I have ever seen at United though.. He did all right in the end.. just 28m at the time was a huge price tag.. still remember him and Giggs taking Juve to the woodshed away from home.

Mourhino atm has got us very hard to score against.. back 5 is solid.. with Matic and Mctomminay stuck infront.. who knows maybe we fluke the CL.. probably not though.. I half expect us to let an early goal in vs Sevilla and lose

Also Lukaku is not a bad player but he is so freaking lazy.. for such a big strong lad he is horrible at holding up the ball and giving the defence some time off when we are under pressure.. he needs to go watch some prime Van Nistelrooy

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                Reminds me of Veron and Scholes when I used to go.. those 2 could see passes that no one else could.. and they could pull them off 9/10.. Even Beckham near that time wasn't nearly as good

Veron is legit one of the best players I have ever seen at United though.. He did all right in the end.. just 28m at the time was a huge price tag.. still remember him and Giggs taking Juve to the woodshed away from home.

Mourhino atm has got us very hard to score against.. back 5 is solid.. with Matic and Mctomminay stuck infront.. who knows maybe we fluke the CL.. probably not though.. I half expect us to let an early goal in vs Sevilla and lose

Also Lukaku is not a bad player but he is so freaking lazy.. for such a big strong lad he is horrible at holding up the ball and giving the defence some time off when we are under pressure.. he needs to go watch some prime Van Nistelrooy
                Veron was fucking shit mate

Comment

• Thought i was watching City there with all the empty seats @ the Emptirates

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ox View Post
                    Veron was fucking shit mate
                    Veron was amazing but didn't really fit in Man Utds squad.

Theres a pretty recent video from Gary Neville who talks about Veron at Utd. Man Utd played aggressive but everyone in midfield knew what the other would do, so if one of them went forward, one would take their spot in the middle...essentially just saying they all knew pretty much what the other had to do in most situations. When Veron came, he was very aggressive but didn't know what to do when other players in his team made certain movements so he kind of either got in peoples way or didn't adapt to the changes in the game appropriately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      Would he play at Chelsea though? Wilshere couldn't really get in Bournemouth XI regularly last year I could see Chelsea signing him on free transfer but I can't see him anywhere near the starting XI even if he manages to stay fit
                      I know this is late but we signed Barkley* and he's nowhere near the starting XI and he doesn't even have a set position in Conte's side. Not a winger, never played as an #8 at Everton, isn't a natural finisher, always played as a #10 despite not having the vision of a #10 . Conundrum of a player.

Same with Drinkwater* he isn't even really the quality of Chelsea. He's a true backup defensive mid that is physical but questions winning the ball and appears to have a heart attack every time he gets the ball, so he never looks forward for a pass. Always backwards and sideways, no matter how open he is.

Wilshere would fit right in. Basically an English Cesc with less tread on the tires but equally injury prone to the other English players bought.

* is because both were transferred on a preexisting injury.

Comment

Working...
                      X