Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did Cesc's hair start thinning? He's not even 30 is he?

The stress of playing for our London rivals is getting to him. #ComeHomeCesc

Comment

• Cesc was excellent in that game.

Slower pace suits him. In the premiership he gets torched week in week out if played from the start and Chelsea just trade on the fact that he is a really good passer. He was comfortable against Barcelona.

Maybe they didn't target him? It was a bit odd. He's an obvious weak link defensively.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
        This Barca team is pretty good defensively now.

But they are not as free flowing as they used to be.

Coutinho adds another dimension but not much good for the Champs League and Dembele has been a disaster so far.
        Surprised Dembele didn't play , Suarez was very poor didn't even notice him except for when he dived to get that penalty

Comment

• It'll be interesting how we get on at Camp Nou.

Could really do with a proper striker.

Can't help but see Torres when Morata trots around during play.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
            This Barca team is pretty good defensively now.

But they are not as free flowing as they used to be.

Coutinho adds another dimension but not much good for the Champs League and Dembele has been a disaster so far.
            Must be being Xavi-less tbh. Even that Umtiti makes a difference because he can't move the ball through the lines quickly enough.

Paulinho is the same guy who played for Spurs. And Rakitic whilst a nice football player was in trouble a few times.

Comment

• Don't think u can blame the goalkeeper there.. most strikers would put that away and.. it's Messi so..

Making 2 huge **** ups in the space of seconds was the issue.. the pass wasn't good.. but what was that dive? Stay on your feet if your not gonna reach the ball

Not impressed with Barca.. looked like the same team as always.. I don't see them winning the CL even if they get past Chelsea

I think most Chelsea fans would have taken a 1-1 before the game tho.. They didn't do an Arsenal and quit in the 1st leg at least

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
              Nice of Courtois that..

I guess Messi has a better record v Chelsea than Ronaldo now then?
              Ronaldo scored vs Chelsea in the CL final??

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                . Conte too slow to make subs again.
                that is typical conte

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  It'll be interesting how we get on at Camp Nou.

Could really do with a proper striker.

Can't help but see Torres when Morata trots around during play.
                  Good thing is that psychologically them going 1 nil up changes nothing.

Unless they blow Chelsea away in 20 minutes pressure is bound to mount. They just aren't themselves against Chelsea.

Barcelona is literally the only team that having 3 midgets up front has worked against.

Conte was brave there because he would have got rinsed if it didn't work.

Giroud isn't quick enough to lead the line on that pitch which is the size of a small town. The midgets might work there too.

Busquets, Rakitic, and Iniesta are vulnerable now. I'm fairly sure someone will absolutely spank them if they squeeze by us. All 3 of those guys looked like Cesc at different points in that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                    Don't think u can blame the goalkeeper there.. most strikers would put that away and.. it's Messi so..

Making 2 huge **** ups in the space of seconds was the issue.. the pass wasn't good.. but what was that dive? Stay on your feet if your not gonna reach the ball

Not impressed with Barca.. looked like the same team as always.. I don't see them winning the CL even if they get past Chelsea

I think most Chelsea fans would have taken a 1-1 before the game tho.. They didn't do an Arsenal and quit in the 1st leg at least

1-1 doesn't help Chelsea and I don't think anyone seriously thought Chelsea would do an Arsenal.
                    Barcelona doesn't concede a lot of goals this year I think they had 17 clean sheets, Chelsea have the quality to score but they will have to be more open in Camp Nou

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                      Don't think u can blame the goalkeeper there.. most strikers would put that away and.. it's Messi so..

That goal was like 3 mistakes. Cesc messed up a little bit, Christensen played a suicidal square ball, Azpi dived in. Courtois did go down before the ball was even struck but Messi isn't missing there. And I don't think anyone expects Tibo to make any saves anymore it'd be out of character.

To be fair to Azpi I think he had to dive in there. He was just too square on and not expecting such a horrific pass. I do wonder if he could have just taken him out though as opposed to try and play the ball. Might even have been too short to do that.

Overall, because it's a Christensen who made the biggest mistake. I'd him a free pass. He's the best thing about Chelsea's whole season and any mistakes he makes will make him tougher more resilient player. He played well in this game too apart from some uncharacteristic shaky moments on the ball. He's a brilliant talent

Also in the context of a 2 legged tie I'm not sure a 1-1 draw is that bad. Barcelona are definitely going to score at home
                      Last edited by Sparked_26; 02-20-2018, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X