Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Dzeko. Underrated in my eyes, although he is getting there in age.

Doesn't he average almost a goal a game when he starts? He's 'done' a job in the Prem when called upon too, so it's not like a complete unknown of how he'll do with the pace of the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by black.ink View Post
      I like Dzeko. Underrated in my eyes, although he is getting there in age.

Doesn't he average almost a goal a game when he starts? He's 'done' a job in the Prem when called upon too, so it's not like a complete unknown of how he'll do with the pace of the league.
      To be honest like the rest of the top 6. 90% of our games against the bottom 14 is the same terrible game. They park the bus and keep it tight and go for it in the last 3 seconds of the game.

Can't criticise it because it works overall, sometimes they even win. Like West Ham did against Chelsea or Swansea against Liverpool. Even West Ham and Soton game close to getting a point at City.

Think Conte has sussed that out. Hence our apparent need for a lump of a striker. Although Dzeko has good technique. His volley against Chelsea....phwoar!

We need someone to both aim at and play off. Dzeko is probably the best player we can buy for that role. I think he'll probably start ahead of Morata even.

It gives us more of an advantage over the bottom 14 sides that are basically all a bit average. Apart from maybe Leicester.

If we are playing a top 6 sides - Morata would start because he's faster.

On paper seems like a great signing. But we'll see.

Comment

• Is there currently a more useless player in the whole of the league than Wijnaldum? The lad makes Tom Cleverley look like a prime Xavi. Biggest coward i've ever seen at the club, he pulls out of challenges that aren't even made! Not to mention how he spends 99% of the game hiding, horrendous player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          Anyone ever watched Nabil Fekir? Insane stats for Lyon.
          This lad looks the business but you never know from that bum league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
            This lad looks the business but you never know from that bum league.
            Chelsea used to do so well out of the French league. Drogba, Essien, Azpillicueta, Cech are 5 of the best players we've probably ever had. Even Malouda was a very effective player for one 18 month period in particular. Hazard another one obviously.

Bakayoko is the only one so far that looks like it might be a miss.

Maybe PSG becoming so good has just lead to the rest of those clubs not putting effort much in and all effectively selling any talent they have to English clubs. I know Monaco won the league but the fact Falcow scored a million goals is a red flag for me. He is absolutely crocked. No doubt about it.
            Last edited by Sparked_26; 01-23-2018, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
              Is there currently a more useless player in the whole of the league than Wijnaldum? The lad makes Tom Cleverley look like a prime Xavi. Biggest coward i've ever seen at the club, he pulls out of challenges that aren't even made! Not to mention how he spends 99% of the game hiding, horrendous player.
              He is one of those players that you sort of hope plays when you play Liverpool.

I can't get my head around how far Dutch football has fallen. World Cup Finalists in 2010 and semi-finalists in 2014. And have now failed to qualify for 2 consecutive tourneys and their league is on a par with Scotland's.

Goes to show how quickly things can turn. England are crap but perhaps we're lucky they're not worse. Also goes to show that people calling for caps on foreigners are wrong. I'd imagine the dutch league is predominantly dutch nationals playing. Their national team has gotten worse.

Just dilutes the level of actual talent in the league.
              Last edited by Sparked_26; 01-23-2018, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Chelsea used to do so well out of the French league. Drogba, Essien, Azpillicueta, Cech are 5 of the best players we've probably ever had. Even Malouda was a very effective player for one 18 month period in particular. Hazard another one obviously.

Bakayoko is the only one so far that looks like it might be a miss.

Maybe PSG becoming so good has just lead to the rest of those clubs not putting effort much in and all effectively selling any talent they have to English clubs. I know Monaco won the league but the fact Falcow scored a million goals is a red flag for me. He is absolutely crocked. No doubt about it.
                I'd deffo take a gamble on him though to replace Coutinho. He was the one putting em on a plate for Lacazette half the time.

Comment

He is one of those players that you sort of hope plays when you play Liverpool.

I can't get my head around how far Dutch football has fallen. World Cup Finalists in 2010 and semi-finalists in 2014. And have now failed to qualify for 2 consecutive tourneys and their league is on a par with Scotland's.

Goes to show how quickly things can turn. England are crap but perhaps we're lucky they're not worse. Also goes to show that people calling for caps on foreigners are wrong. I'd imagine the dutch league is predominantly dutch nationals playing. Their national team has gotten worse.

Just dilutes the level of actual talent in the league.
                  Oh no doubt, the Prem would be dog **** if we did that. The dutch are ****ed, completely ****ed. Apart from VVD(who is the dogs bollocks btw, you see him yesterday? Shoulda had two assists!) they're ****. Ryan Babel still gets picked for them ffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
                    Ozil looks like he's going to sign, and Laca is our top scorer.
                    Not sure about Aubumeyang tbh, he's a bad egg from what I hear.

Comment

• Arsenal need Aubameyang otherwise their status drops.

They become a legitimate 2nd tier kind of team especially if Ozil leaves. They just need a rockstar.

Man U aren't really competitive but they have maintained their standing in the game by chucking money at stars and paying them and their agents whatever they want.

Arsenal probably can't afford to do that. Either can Chelsea hence why Chelsea are over a barrel with Eden Hazard.

Auba is a most have for Arsenal. Even if he will run rings around Wenger and give him a nervous breakdown

Comment

Working...
                      X