X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
    j

Cracks are starting you dont say stuff like "i don't see myself staying here my whole career" "PSG would be a fantastic club to manage".. especially after only being at the club for one mediocre season..

United fans might tolerate it if he was talking about Real Madrid.. but PSG??

Not enough respect is given to Fergie.. He dominated english football rebuilding the squad like 4 times.. Only thing people can say is... oh he only won TWO cl trophies.. But winning that is more down to luck.. and almost impossible to do it back to back..

United had a great team that made the final 3 out of 4 years.. sadly there was another great team around in barca.. Which is sad cause that United team would have destroyed some of the previous winners like Porto
    The level of quality in the CL was lower from about '01-'06 imo. Mourinho's Porto wouldn't get a sniff of winning it in this era.

Could say the same about every level of football in that era compared to now imo, even looking back to the 90s. Watch the Brazil '02 world cup team, one of the worst defensive teams ever. Spain's great team would've beat them about 7-2. Pressing the ball at a high level was almost an alien concept 15 years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
      j

Cracks are starting you dont say stuff like "i don't see myself staying here my whole career" "PSG would be a fantastic club to manage".. especially after only being at the club for one mediocre season..

United fans might tolerate it if he was talking about Real Madrid.. but PSG??

Not enough respect is given to Fergie.. He dominated english football rebuilding the squad like 4 times.. Only thing people can say is... oh he only won TWO cl trophies.. But winning that is more down to luck.. and almost impossible to do it back to back..

United had a great team that made the final 3 out of 4 years.. sadly there was another great team around in barca.. Which is sad cause that United team would have destroyed some of the previous winners like Porto
      Fergie's longevity is the thing that gets dismissed so quickly. It helped him create stars from the academy but also very good pros: like Fletcher, John O'Shea, Nicky Butt, Phil Neville.

I'm not complaining as Chelsea's success has in part been helped by hiring and firing managers......

But the bulk of that success is that they somehow had a core of great players that lasted from 2005- despite the managers going. But even in that period it went stale every time under different managers - even with great players.

If Chelsea had a Fergie we would like have 3-4 young English players around the first team squad with a few in the team.

It is fair enough saying Chelsea have a great youth system and they probably do. But Mourinho looks at RLC a kid who was playing as an orthodox midfielder as a youth and says 'nah this guy is no10'. Hiddink comes in and says 'is he a no10? Okay I'll play him there'. Because Hiddink was old and tired and had no ideas. Then Conte comes in and say 'nah, this kid is a striker!'

We loan him out to Palace and they are playing him as a no8 where he had been playing since he was a child. What chance does RLC have at Chelsea.

Conte will leave soon and the next guy will look at him and say 'midfield destroyer!'.

Fergie would have had RLC playing in the first team probably. He'd have had Tammy as back up striker. Ake covering a number of positions at the minimum.

You can't put a value on that. All fans wants to see their own players play. Who isn't jealous of Spurs having Kane? I'd love Tammy Abraham to be that at Chelsea.

Comment

• Fergie is one of the greatest ever. Alllll the way up near the top no matter what criteria.

There isn’t a manager around that could replicate what he has done in the way he did it.

Longevity can’t even be brought against him cause Wenger is the antithesis to that statement. As well as Jose who can’t hold a job for more than 3 years even when Chelsea saw him as the Pope or second coming of Christ.

Every club wishes they had a Ferguson. The closest to him is Pep and even he bailed when tempers flared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          Fergie's longevity is the thing that gets dismissed so quickly. It helped him create stars from the academy but also very good pros: like Fletcher, John O'Shea, Nicky Butt, Phil Neville.

I'm not complaining as Chelsea's success has in part been helped by hiring and firing managers......

But the bulk of that success is that they somehow had a core of great players that lasted from 2005- despite the managers going. But even in that period it went stale every time under different managers - even with great players.

If Chelsea had a Fergie we would like have 3-4 young English players around the first team squad with a few in the team.

It is fair enough saying Chelsea have a great youth system and they probably do. But Mourinho looks at RLC a kid who was playing as an orthodox midfielder as a youth and says 'nah this guy is no10'. Hiddink comes in and says 'is he a no10? Okay I'll play him there'. Because Hiddink was old and tired and had no ideas. Then Conte comes in and say 'nah, this kid is a striker!'

We loan him out to Palace and they are playing him as a no8 where he had been playing since he was a child. What chance does RLC have at Chelsea.

Conte will leave soon and the next guy will look at him and say 'midfield destroyer!'.

Fergie would have had RLC playing in the first team probably. He'd have had Tammy as back up striker. Ake covering a number of positions at the minimum.

You can't put a value on that. All fans wants to see their own players play. Who isn't jealous of Spurs having Kane? I'd love Tammy Abraham to be that at Chelsea.
          I always felt RLC was an 8 or 6.

Never understood why managers saw him differently.

Problem at Chelsea though is more the immediate win culture and money bags than manager integrating youth.

Any manager who tries to use the kids and can’t win comfortably gets burned and the immediate remedy after is to buy the next top player at x-position.

Tammy and co. are likely never coming through. Even Todd Kane would be a good depth option than buying more rbs or moving Azpi there and losing the whole back 3 chemistry.

Comment

• Watford are at 7.5/1 to beat Chelsea on PP.

I got them at 10/1 halfway through Chelsea getting torn a new one by Roma.

Chelsea are playing Cesc again in a two, Azpi as a right wing back, and Gary Cahill in defence. Luiz, Bakayoko, and Morata are all playing essentially injured.

Watford have had a week to prepare for Chelsea and with growing body of evidence about how to beat Chelsea especially without Kante.

Free money boys. Essentially unless Hazard beats them by himself there is absolutely no way Chelsea win this game. And with their current form there is no way they can stop Watford scoring at least 2.

Don't say I never give you anything.

Droy Deeney is run wild over Luiz.

Comment

Watford are at 7.5/1 to beat Chelsea on PP.

I got them at 10/1 halfway through Chelsea getting torn a new one by Roma.

Chelsea are playing Cesc again in a two, Azpi as a right wing back, and Gary Cahill in defence. Luiz, Bakayoko, and Morata are all playing essentially injured.

Watford have had a week to prepare for Chelsea and with growing body of evidence about how to beat Chelsea especially without Kante.

Free money boys. Essentially unless Hazard beats them by himself there is absolutely no way Chelsea win this game. And with their current form there is no way they can stop Watford scoring at least 2.

Don't say I never give you anything.

Droy Deeney is run wild over Luiz.
              Sparked has spoken, lump Chelsea in all your accas lads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                Sparked has spoken, lump Chelsea in all your accas lads.
                Haha! Honestly not trying to jinx them.

I do bet against them now and again.

It is the ultimate test of head over heart which normally means you're onto a winner.

I have that same feeling I had when I whacked on £20 on Sebastian Heiland to KO Matt Macklin. Felt like a shoe-in. Won a fortune.

Comment

Haha! Honestly not trying to jinx them.

I do bet against them now and again.

It is the ultimate test of head over heart which normally means you're onto a winner.

I have that same feeling I had when I whacked on £20 on Sebastian Heiland to KO Matt Macklin. Felt like a shoe-in. Won a fortune.
                  I have bet against United a couple of times, always feel like a Judas, but at the end of the day they don't pay my bills.

I did noth teams to score at 17/20 though in the Chelsea game.

Comment

• It makes sense to bet against things you want to happen.

I had a feeling in my gut Brook would get stopped against Spence. I was as gutted about that as Brook getting stopped. Like you say, Kell, doesn't pay my bills.

Comment

• Yeah well on course for a painful defeat here.

They will likely be all cowardly after the disappointment of conceding such a bad goal.

Comment

Working...
                      X