Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mkhitaryan is definitely better than cash. £35 mill gets nowt these days.

Mkhitaryan is one of those that football hipster folks love. Never watched German football enough to know how good he was. But they've been a mixed bag from that league with Kagawa failing too. Christensen looks exceptional off the back of a 2 year loan and KDB and Sane obviously brilliant. Schurrle burnt out quick.

Gonna have to give Baka a lot of credit for yesterday. Man had 98% pass completion and did take on longer passes and out ran and out sprinted Kante. Conte deserves credit for sticking him in continuously because there is barely a person out there that doesn't think he's crap.

Good luck to him, would be a massive turn around if he becomes important to Chelsea because he has looked like Eric Djemba-Djemba until now

Comment

• Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
      I know for a fact that these two clubs have had secret business meetings in the past and I have no doubt (along with the dippers) that they do so presently. If one can sell to the other instead of City, they will.
      I don't see why.. not exactly much love lost between Mourinho and Wenger.

Fergie and Wenger got on well in the latter years I guess.

Arsenal wouldn't sell in the summer to City unless they got Sterling as a replacement. Fact is they are getting a good deal and they wanted a replacement in which they have now got.

Also.. I don't think Sanchez cares too much about loyalty to Pep.. United have offered him a lot more money and he will also play more at United. So if he has had a say I can see why he chose United. He would start most City games but have to rotate every now and again.

Comment

• Anyone ever watched Nabil Fekir? Insane stats for Lyon.

Comment

• I see you're coming around on the Bakayoko lad huh Sparked?

I don't really watch France league. I occasionally watch Nice because of Lucien Favre and Lyon because of Depay. So, Fakir I see but I couldn't rate him. I don't watch enough of it.

Anyone see Memphis Depay's screamer though? Jesus... Sent PSG to hell on that one. That boy has talent. United flogged him off too quick. But what do I know? I'm just a yank.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            I see you're coming around on the Bakayoko lad huh Sparked?

I don't really watch France league. I occasionally watch Nice because of Lucien Favre and Lyon because of Depay. So, Fakir I see but I couldn't rate him. I don't watch enough of it.

Anyone see Memphis Depay's screamer though? Jesus... Sent PSG to hell on that one. That boy has talent. United flogged him off too quick. But what do I know? I'm just a yank.
            United have a buyback clause Mr Yank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
              Not the point but good for United.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                I see you're coming around on the Bakayoko lad huh Sparked?

Not yet but I am rooting for him.

To be honest, when I actually go to the games I would never get on anyone's back about their performance because it can't help anyone.

But the crowd at SB have definitely turned against him and it is one of those that when the bulk of the fans feel a player isn't good enough (especially with social media also heaping on pressure) it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy with each misplaced pass and each time he falls over the ball getting jeered. It was only Brighton and it wasn't tStamford Bridge. But yeah it would be good if he finds a role. Maybe Cesc confuses him with his positioning in a 3.

I was definitely writing him off. 100%. Early days but he's finally shown he has something.

I have long maintained Cesc is a problem though. He is one of our best players but he causes all sorts of tactical problems. I much prefer him as a 60th minute sub when teams already have an hour in their legs.

Cesc has been unreal but I think he might need to go now because I don't see where he can play that he wont be exposed and accommodating him makes Chelsea very sluggish.

Did you know Cesc's nickname in Spain was the tank? And that was four seasons ago.
                Last edited by Sparked_26; 01-22-2018, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                  Mata is out of contract in the summer isn't he?

I'd like that little chap back. I suppose he is a bad athlete too but I loved that little guy.

Chelsea players of the year two years running and then treated like a two dollar whore by Jose and flogged in Jan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    Mata is out of contract in the summer isn't he?

I'd like that little chap back. I suppose he is a bad athlete too but I loved that little guy.

Chelsea players of the year two years running and then treated like a two dollar whore by Jose and flogged in Jan.
                    I'm pretty sure we have the option to extend it a year. Wouldn't be surprised if we listen to offers for him though.

Great player just another one who Mourinho doesn't particularly fancy.

Comment

• Liverpool done well there.

Comment

Working...
                      X