X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• England are going to win the next 8 world cups

Comment

• You know what, there are some quality young English players coming through our academy at the moment.

Niles, Nelson, Willock and Nketiah in particular look good. These lads are taught Wenger ball at a very young age. Not the usual hit and run bully boys that England usually produce. Nelson in particular looks very technically sound.

That game against Norwich the other day, it was Walcott that looked like the untested youth player. He has absolutely no intelligence at all. He must get about 10 offsides a game. Get rid of him. Nelson is already better than him and he's only 17.

Comment

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
        You know what, there are some quality young English players coming through our academy at the moment.

Niles, Nelson, Willock and Nketiah in particular look good. These lads are taught Wenger ball at a very young age. Not the usual hit and run bully boys that England usually produce. Nelson in particular looks very technically sound.

That game against Norwich the other day, it was Walcott that looked like the untested youth player. He has absolutely no intelligence at all. He must get about 10 offsides a game. Get rid of him. Nelson is already better than him and he's only 17.

This kid got let go by Chelsea at under-14 level for being too small. It's a tough dilemma for a club to see the potential in a young kid at an early age who couldn't physically cut it with other kids of a similar age, but i wonder how many other kids let go by big clubs have their confidence shattered and don't get picked up by another club which leads them to leave the sport?

England has some seriously good talent coming through the youth ranks, and the young National teams are doing a good job on the International stage, but the true test is seeing if they can force themselves into first teams in the Prem rather than clubs buying young talent from other nations.

Comment

• You can't belittle what they're achieving at youth level.

The next test is whether they will go abroad to get games.

Abraham, Calvert Lewin, Tom Davies, Jonjo Kenny are the only ones getting minutes in the prem st U-20 level

Josh Onomah was the standout at U-20 level. Think he's at Hull now.

I think that Brewster kid started at Chelsea too. Chelsea for whatever reason seem to be able to get the best talent.

I wonder if they can start the centre of excellence type schools again. Give them central contracts and then basically sell them to the highest bidder home or abroad when they turn 17. Have them compete under an independent name and compete in southern/northern area youth football, that checkatrade cup.

You could basically create a club with the proviso it can't become a real league outfit but can have competitive games.

Alternatively you could have a trade type deal. Where the lowest ranked premiership team can just cherry pick the best player and get him for nothing. If he performs someone will buy him if they do go down. Money goes to the academy

I dunno loads of options. The F.A don't do anything apart from sit around covering up stories and waiting for opportunities to fine Chelsea
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 10-27-2017, 05:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by engleby View Post
            sad thing is hes better than any centre back weve had for donkeys years
            Oh without a doubt mate i loved him, but he has to do at least one unbelievably stupid thing per game. If he could cut out those wtf moments he'd probably be in the top 3 centre backs in world football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              You can't belittle what they're achieving at youth level.

The next test is whether they will go abroad to get games.

Abraham, Calvert Lewin, Tom Davies, Jonjo Kenny are the only ones getting minutes in the prem st U-20 level

Josh Onomah was the standout at U-20 level. Think he's at Hull now.

I think that Brewster kid started at Chelsea too. Chelsea for whatever reason seem to be able to get the best talent.

I wonder if they can start the centre of excellence type schools again. Give them central contracts and then basically sell them to the highest bidder home or abroad when they turn 17. Have them compete under an independent name and compete in southern/northern area youth football, that checkatrade cup.

You could basically create a club with the proviso it can't become a real league outfit but can have competitive games.

Alternatively you could have a trade type deal. Where the lowest ranked premiership team can just cherry pick the best player and get him for nothing. If he performs someone will buy him if they do go down. Money goes to the academy

I dunno loads of options. The F.A don't do anything apart from sit around covering up stories and waiting for opportunities to fine Chelsea
              Perfect example of the inexperience the youths at Prem clubs have is their participation in the English Football League Trophy. The comp is basically League 1 and below and Prem U-21 teams can enter.

Man City U-21 lost to Bradford City this week.
              Chelsea went out to Yeovil.

Arguably the 2 best youth teams in the Country, but what is the point if they struggle to compete with experienced League 2 players?

We have Kieron Dowell on a season long loan from Everton and he was in the England U-20 team that won the World Cup. He is pretty much a starter in our team this season and has grown in confidence, but you can see where he lacks with the physicality of the league. He is far better skilled than any other individual in our first team, but not a better PLAYER. First team experience will help him though and Everton will have a far more capable player next season because of it.

Comment

• Milan vs Juve tonight boys, juve just breaking serie a 70 years old record scoring 31 goals in the first 10 weeks. but at the defence juve show their weakest year so far, conceding 9 goals in 10 matches, that's not juve at all. next year gonna be even worse since this is the last season for buffon and barzagli. gotta have to spend some serious cash on defence next transfer windows.

Comment

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
                  Yeah, Fat Sam would have made England hard to beat. Which is the best you could hope for with this current squad.

I remember England games used to excite me. On paper we had a world class team. I don't think I've watched an England game in about 18 months.
                  True. The last time I saw a full England game was back in 2013 (outside of the WC/Euro's). Townsend was the only player tearing it up. The rest just seemed hesitant to try anything which I hate.

I this generation is a wash. The players just don't seem to be there mentally. I'm looking forward to the next generation of England players post 2020. The next generation seem to be doing VERY well at international level in their age group and seem to have real technical ability.

Comment

• Really if this man doesnt win the CL or PL this season he can just **** off.. playing like this vs a hary kaneless Spurs.. gtfo

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                      Really if this man doesnt win the CL or PL this season he can just **** off.. playing like this vs a hary kaneless Spurs.. gtfo
                      mourinho always play like this, 1-0 is still a win.

Comment

Working...
                      X