Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liverpool signing Keita and Lemar while chelsea going for Oxlade-Chamberlain

Comment

• Sounds just like Chelsea in recent years though, no?

Always the 4th-5th option signed, some last few days of the window.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beardo View Post
        We need at least 4 more players in or I see us getting relegated again tbh. Goalkeeper, left back, attacking playmaker (number 10) and a striker.
        We're better than Brighton, West Ham at the moment IMO. I think 2-3 would save us from relegation just about. 4 won't happen as we need to offload loads of players for that to happen and Ashley won't spend that much in such a short span. We've got a lot of options upfront imo, they just aren't as good as most of the other clubs best striker. We've got more variety up there at least. We're dying for a Remy-esque player there but we won't get anyone like that. Perez can finish but isn't quick enough of a dribbler to beat his man ever.

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        Atsu is actually doing fairly well.

I've watched Newcastle's games so far and of all their players, he's the one that you can easily point to and go "that's the danger man". He's not scoring goals left, right, and center but you can look and see that he's the one who is trouble for opponents.

He's not really a Moses type. If he came back to Chelsea, he'd be deputy to the Hazard and Pedro.
        I like Atsu, glad we got a deal with him AND Ritchie. Shelvey is class on his day although he over-relies on his long floaty passes at times, we need accurate balls on the ground and most of all he is a headcase that can't be relied on.

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        Arsenal are truly dire though.

I don't understand why they don't revert to the old 442 of the Henry-Breg days.

All the while, Liverpool are making moves. So are Everton.

Looks like Arsenal will soon be on the outside looking in regularly. Liverpool are only getting better and an Everton loan deal for Costa should ensure that Everton beat the clubs they should.
        It's because if you play 4-4-2, you are likely going to lose the midfield battle which is the most important area of the pitch. It's why pretty much no one uses it anymore at the top level. I think you can do a 4-4-1-1 instead i.e. Giroud laying it off for Laca.

Looks like Ox to Chelsea and Lemarr may be going to Liverpool, rip Wenger.

Comment

• To be fair to Chelsea we are English champions with as it stands 1 English player in Cahill who ever plays and the only other one in the squad who will ever get any minutes is Tomori in the league cup, maybe. That is a weird thing whatever way you paint it..

You do need some local players or you become essentially a sort of all-star squad.

The price to pay? About £70 million to two fairly (relatively speaking) ordinary English internationals.

Gone are the days when Chelsea had 3 exceptional English talents in Terry, Lampard and Ashley Cole, and an extremely good one Joe Cole.

Tbh, if it's not Harry Kane nobody is going to absolutely tear it up at Chelsea. I am pretty certain Drinkwater will be very functional when he plays. Ox is good enough to provide good cover for 3 positions but I am not really too thrilled about him. Hope he proves me wrong though.

His reported wage demands and even that Liverpool performance put me right off. Obviously his head was turned but he's got to do the basics like tracking runners. I could do that and I am an old bang average/s.hit Sunday league league player. There is never any excuse for not tracking a runner even from 5-a-side footy to the proper elite level that these lads get to play.
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 08-28-2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            Sounds just like Chelsea in recent years though, no?

Always the 4th-5th option signed, some last few days of the window.
            I suspect Drinkwater is a long-term target though. Just because it's so left-field and such an unfashionable player that surely Conte has said 'I like the look of this player.'

Chelsea's dealings are often tied in with their commercial aims that signing a guy that is as beige as Drinkwater for the money being touted is surprising. It is not one of those buy to loan gambles that they like.

I bet some exec at Nike is thinking ' you serious?'

I'd root for Drinkwater to do well. I really would. Not that I don't with all Chelsea players but he's a real underdog story if that transfer did happen

Comment

• Why is Keita staying at Leipzig for a year?.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                Why is Keita staying at Leipzig for a year?.
                I honestly don't think I could get excited about Messi if we signed him now and he wasn't gonna play until next year.

Life is a bit short for that.

The whole intrigue of football is literally just always the next game and nothing more and that's one of the reasons we all bother with it I am guessing. Conte was getting sacked 2 weeks ago according to the press, lol.

There could be a scenario where Man U will just sign Gareth Bale in a day, ffs. Yet they have to wait a year for this lad. Piss take imo.

Sanchez could go to City next week.

Arsenal could actually sign someone world class we've never even considered.

Aguero could go to Chelsea or even Arsenal themselves. Anything could happen if one transfer gets completed.

The Oxlade transfer might kick start a few transfers if it gets completed.

Waiting a year for a player? Not for me.

In fact, I don't think I could get excited about waiting a year for anything. That's no way to live. Be present.
                Last edited by Sparked_26; 08-28-2017, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Patrick Roberts rejoins Glasgow Celtic great signing

Comment

• I read Liverpool also bid for Oxlade hopefully they win this dumb battle over an average player

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                      Why is Keita staying at Leipzig for a year?.
                      pre-contractual agreement is a norm in Germany plus Leipzig want to do well in their 1st champions League in Club history they kept all their players

Comment

Working...
                      X