Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He was a fat **** who phoned it in the last few seasons at United.. guy had the talent to be far better then he was.. but had to smoke.. eat like a pig and **** grannies rather then live life as a top athelete like Ronaldo...

Nevermind his flirting with City we weren't going in the right direction apparently (then made 3 CL finals in 4 years ) and also with Chelsea... got his 300k a week contract then shat the bed for 3 seasons...

Not a big fan of his that's for sure.. he did have great moments though.

City just don't look very good to me though.. they have the players but not the manager

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
      Buzzing for tonight. Live footy again, May feels like it was about 4 years ago.

Everton games are usually a decent barometer of how our season is gonna go. Rooney will score without a doubt so we'll need to score at least 3 probably.

Hope we go back to a back 4. Want Sterling on the pitch.
      ...and a ****ing stupid goal to concede at that.

Missing easy chances again. **** ref.

Sterling from the start on Saturday please.

Comment

• Greatest night of Pep's life last apparently.

Koeman said something insightful Man City and Pep. Which is what I've speculated on before in not so many words and El Fenomeno has disagreed with but he's a fan so that's fair. But I think I am alright at viewing football objectively if it doesn't involve Chelsea. And there is an obvious issue with the 'ethos' at City in that they can draw/lose games even if they play well.

Fenomeno likes to talk about the Chelsea game last season. Chelsea scored 3 and should have scored more.

Koeman said City play the 'hardest way'. Having that defensive line so high and pressing up will always give team chances especially with the attacking intent and attacking players picked. Even the fucking goalie and centre backs are picked on their ability to pass the ball.

Pep is quite ungracious and disingenuous and a lot of other words that end in 'ous' so is unlikely to show the humility to adapt to opponents. After getting mauled 4 nil by Everton he will be reductive and say 'they arrived in our box 4 times and scored four' even though the same scenario played out at Leicester with identical results.

Whereas Koeman will say we got them on the counter and set up to do so.

What reality says is 4 nil and that whilst Everton did arrive in the box 4 times they did so against a scattered, unorganised defence which presented them with a clear sight of goal. Conversely, City will have 90% possession with 6 Everton players strung across the 18 yard box with a further 4 holding hands on the edge of the box. Pep will likely criticise that tactic without appreciating that his own tactics will create that same scenario again, and again, and again.

Of course it's harder to play like Man City!

City probably do have the best, most technically able players. But they have chosen to play the hardest way.

Two thirds of the prem I would say are specifically set up to combat and counter City's system. So their quality really has to shine through and take teams to the cleaners.

Catenaccio or whatever the football trendies call it will always cause them and Liverpool problems. That high press, gegenpress, or whatever it is called just caused the team to play in smaller and smaller areas and attack smaller and smaller spaces.

I don't get it as a concept. Everything has to be so perfect.

Chelsea again could and absolutely will turn up there and put 9/10 behind the ball and create 3-4 clear cut chances over 90 minutes because they have quality players. Then it's a sliding scale of quality determining the likelihood of who many clear chances teams can create against City.

Ronald Koeman is a better more adaptable coach than Pep imo. Nothing in life is perfect.

Pep is a nutcase.

If he does win the league I will happily call him the supercoach and coach of the decade etc.

For me he needs Messi to win this league playing like that.

Mourinho and Man U have several ways to skin a cat. It is hard to know where Chelsea are at but we do too.

I doubt City can win the league with him.

Chelsea would have sacked that lad after 6 months.
        Last edited by Sparked_26; 08-22-2017, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• cant stand city, almost as c*nty as chelsea. jose is a smug prick too....i would actually prefer arsenal to win the league over those 3....and thats from a spurs fan.

that dive by aguero to get schneiderlin sent off...ffs.

Comment

• If Chelsea don't win the league out of the alternative options I'd choose City every time.

Outside of a fairy tale story, then I'd choose Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              If Chelsea don't win the league out of the alternative options I'd choose City every time.

Outside of a fairy tale story, then I'd choose Everton
              Assuming this has nothing to do with the fact that both are owned by shady billionaires and are two bob clubs with no history and tiny stadiums?.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                Assuming this has nothing to do with the fact that both are owned by shady billionaires and are two bob clubs with no history and tiny stadiums?.
                Man U were just the richest club of the 90's in England themselves. Nothing too organic there.

I prefer Man U to City but obviously Man U are a grand old man of football. If they win they become a long-term threat.

City are still figuring stuff out as it stands.
                Last edited by Sparked_26; 08-22-2017, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• Barcelona are salty AF they just look pathetic now

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/41014149

Comment

• Seriously, Barcelona probably wouldn't be so petty if they actually captured Coutinho.

Seeing how no amount of money is satisfying for Liverpool, Barcelona are up ****'s creek.

Comment

• I told you he was going nowhere and you all laughed, you're not laughing now are you?

The new stand was a game changer, it is bearing significant fruit which allows us to keep our best players and sign elite level players.

Comment

Working...
                      X