Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Er.. Ibra is injured for most of the season.. what do you expect us to do? he's gone

Lukaku is a replacement for Rooney anyway.. and a pretty big one. But more players are coming in.. this may even allow us to use the likes of mika or mata in there best positions.

Overall i was not hugely impressed when i heard United were in for Lukaku or Morata..

Can't be denied United got the better of Chelsea here.. similar price tag and at least Roman is proven in the PL

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
      Romelu Lukaku isn't better than Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Don't try to convince yourself otherwise.
      To be fair, he called Rooney the passenger, and said Zlatan was out long term. Nothing about Lukaku being better than Zlatan.

Comment

• Originally posted by black.ink View Post
        To be fair, he called Rooney the passenger, and said Zlatan was out long term. Nothing about Lukaku being better than Zlatan.
        I said improvement on last season though. Comparing their front lines, their one at the start of last season was better than this one currently is.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
          Er.. Ibra is injured for most of the season.. what do you expect us to do? he's gone
          Could ask the same question to people moaning about us signing Walker despite having zero fullbacks at the club. Name some better alternatives?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            Pretty happy with Morata in the end. I have slight reservations about his scoring record but tbh he's a class A egg.

Morata, Rudiger, and Bakayoko are all class A eggs to be fair. Chelsea have finally stopped resting on their laurels after a title win.

Ryan Bertrand and maybe a winger who can play as a striker and we're done. I still think Antonio would be very useful for Chelsea with our current set up though he's a class B egg. But having no English players is just a bit odd. Antonio could play right wing back, right forward, and centre forward. He'd be highly functional.
            Rudiger isn't class A imo, makes too much mistakes and can be found wanting when 1 on 1. I think Conte will probably transform him like he did with Luiz into a better player

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
            Chelsea being asked to pay 20 mil less then united for morata
            Likely because there's beef on Madrid's end due to the botched De Gea deal years ago.

Rather pay more for Lukaku and keep De Gea than discard De Gea for Morata. We need De Gea

Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
            He won't. Mourinho has form for it though.

Romelu Lukaku isn't better than Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Don't try to convince yourself otherwise.

We haven't spent a penny on fullbacks since Clichy in 2011. Don't care if we spend another 80m on LBs as long as we actually ****ing buy some.
            Lukaku isn't better than Ibra but Ibra is gone after what may be a career threatening injury. Rooney was useless, Rashford needs more time and Martial was shunted onto the wings.

So in that sense, I'm happy with the Lukaku signing. The way I see it is that he finished 2nd behind Kane last season in terms of goals scored yet has a poor record against the top 6 sides. Our struggles were largely down to draws against **** sides.

There's more **** teams in the BPL than there are great teams which means there's more teams for Lukaku to torment. Him against those **** sides will convert last season's draws to wins which means we could be in a shout of winning the title.

Comment

He won't. Mourinho has form for it though.

We haven't spent a penny on fullbacks since Clichy in 2011. Don't care if we spend another 80m on LBs as long as we actually ****ing buy some.
              Didn't say otherwise i said Zlatan is out long-term didn't I?.

Comment

• Morata wouldn't get into our team, not fussed about him one bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                  Didn't say otherwise i said Zlatan is out long-term didn't I?.
                  I said you'd spent mega money and your front line is no better than it was last year. Tell me which part of that statement you're taking issue with.

Comment

I said you'd spent mega money and your front line is no better than it was last year. Tell me which part of that statement you're taking issue with.
                    It's worse tbh. Zlatan was/is far more dangerous than Bumkaku.

Comment

• Chelsea are better of Bakayoko is better than Matic.

Matic isn't very good.

Comment

Working...
                      X