X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    Stupid of Chelsea selling Ake he is already better than Cahill ffs
    He's not though to be honest not at defending.

Imagine say Romelu Lukaku trying to roll Gary Cahill and then imagine him doing the same to Nathan Ake. He WOULD do it to Ake almost every time. Cahill would stop him most of the time that is because Cahill has the experience but more obviously the size and strength. Cahill is enormous. Ake is the smallest centre half in the league. That is without talking about intangibles like leadership and organisation. Cahill is a veteran.

If Ake was around when I first started going to Chelsea in the mid 90's that kid would be captain and everything but Chelsea aren't at that level anymore. The only way a youth player is gonna start is if he is better than the seasoned pro.

He'll have a good career and maybe Chelsea will buy him back but it is worth noting he is going to Bournemouth not Man City. It goes to show what level Ake can consistently start at this stage in his career. And I'd bet he becomes a defensive midfielder.

Good luck to him. He can't play odd minutes here and there for Chelsea as a young pro with ambition. And Chelsea can't afford not to pick their best team except for maybe the early stages of the CL if we get a minnow in the group and the league cup.

I want young players to play desperately it can't weaken the team. Chalobah realistically is the only one who can come on and not weaken the team too much imo. I suspect Tammy as well if he gets the chance because physically he is up to it and really Costa toward the back end of last season was dreadful off the ball. He just stopped doing anything to try and effect defenders. I can see why Conte had enough. Maybe he was injured? But either way Batshuayi could have played from February onwards.
    Last edited by Sparked_26; 07-01-2017, 05:01 AM.

Comment

• What's with all these african players playing in minor leagues being flavour of the month all of a sudden? 50.. 60.. 70m for nobodies

Chelsea want to pay 60m for Sandro.. crazy for a Left back but at this point does money even matter anymore.. so who cares about over paying..

Everton want to pay 25m to get michael keane.. United will get 5m from it

Comment

• Maybe I'm slightly overrating Ake but I still stand by Cahill being ****

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
          What's with all these african players playing in minor leagues being flavour of the month all of a sudden? 50.. 60.. 70m for nobodies

Chelsea want to pay 60m for Sandro.. crazy for a Left back but at this point does money even matter anymore.. so who cares about over paying..

Everton want to pay 25m to get michael keane.. United will get 5m from it
          Master Race

Comment

• Has my boy N'Golo Keita been announced yet?

Comment

• George Elokobi has left the club.

I'm devastated lads.

Comment

• Aubameyang CONFIRMED.

Great signing.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
                  George Elokobi has left the club.

I'm devastated lads.
                  Was he the one who got slapped up by Gerrard a few years ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                    Was he the one who got slapped up by Gerrard a few years ago?
                    Nah must have been another George Elokobi mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                      Aubameyang CONFIRMED.

Great signing.

Who are the other two signings?

Just had a quick flick through Southampton's squad and can't say I recognise them.

Comment

Working...
                      X