X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    I didn't know about it until today.

U-20 is a weird level for all European teams and has no real tradition because they don't compete regularly at that level. The youth teams are all geared up to peak at u-21 level.

Just seems like a crazy final with Venezuela in it. I don think England have ever won at that level either.

I might watch it on Sunday if I'm not working anyway. Would be a good achievement for us never mind Venezuela
    England has played well all tournament but this seems to be Venezuelas golden generation team. Lots of good players.
    Should be a good final.

Comment

• Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
      Chelsea in ruins?
      Conte knows what he's doing and who has united bought already?
      If man united wants to go for top 2 they better buy a new backline too.
      And they need a decent striker,united's like arsenal,nobody wants to come and play there.....
      I do wonder if u clowns believe this stuff

United have the history.. money and manager to get pretty much any player outside of the main players at Madrid, barca

We brought one of the highest rated midfielders in the world last year from the Italian champions and a club in the CL

Yet you compare us to Arsenal? a club who wouldn't pay more then 40m and 50p for Suarez?

Comment

• Also Peps style is completely outdated at this point and he will not win the league.. no matter how much he spends

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
          Also Peps style is completely outdated at this point and he will not win the league.. no matter how much he spends
          I do agree with this.

Essentially because you are giving yourselves a smaller and smaller space to play into and score in by pushing up so high and really the easiest way of scoring is actually nicking the ball high up the pitch, negated in England as everyone plays a lot of long balls/passes.

If you recycle possession to that extent that Pep's Barca (bit different from Citeh to be fair) did you stop crossing the ball in regularly or even taking long-range shots or even taking throw-in's that go forward. Less long passes, even down to the keeper taking long kick outs.

His ideal team was football by numbers. City do tend to cross the ball in because their best players like De Bruyne that is one of his strengths.

That Barcelona team reminded me of when I was at kid we took part in this zonal football trials over a few weeks for some bright spark in youth footie development or something.

Zonal football broke the pitch up into defensive, midfield, and attack and you couldn't cross into the different zones like Netball, ffs. There would be a slight attacking overload I think it was 4 attackers vs 3 defenders for example. Depending on how may kids turned up for training. It was soooooo boring. I am sure it would have made all kids more technically able if it was rolled out across the country but it was so incredibly dull. We done it for a few weeks and kids didn't even rock up for training for the second session.

I always imagine Guardiola is a bit like that. Obviously the players are grown men professionals but at the end of the day it's a game. I doubt anyone really enjoys playing for Pep outside of Barcelona players.
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 06-09-2017, 09:00 AM.

Comment

I do wonder if u clowns believe this stuff

United have the history.. money and manager to get pretty much any player outside of the main players at Madrid, barca

We brought one of the highest rated midfielders in the world last year from the Italian champions and a club in the CL

Yet you compare us to Arsenal? a club who wouldn't pay more then 40m and 50p for Suarez?
            You did overpay for Pogba, Martial, Di Maria, Zlatan United is like a Chinese club at the moment luring players in with ridiculous fees and wages

Wasn't Zaltan on $370k a week

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              You did overpay for Pogba, Martial, Di Maria, Zlatan United is like a Chinese club at the moment luring players in with ridiculous fees and wages

Wasn't Zaltan on $370k a week
              Yeah they bought back Pogba and chelsea is doing the same with Lukaku,i hope they learn from their mistakes although with Solanke gone i see the same situation playing out,it has been said a lot buy these clubs need to give more chances to their youth players,and i have to applaud united on rashford,liverpool with sterling

Comment

• Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
                Yeah they bought back Pogba and chelsea is doing the same with Lukaku,i hope they learn from their mistakes although with Solanke gone i see the same situation playing out,it has been said a lot buy these clubs need to give more chances to their youth players,and i have to applaud united on rashford,liverpool with sterling

It was Mourinho one of many dumb decisions after his return he preferred old Eto'o over Lukaku and actually wanted a Rooney Eto'o pairing at Chelsea

And De Bruyne too couldn't get a minute ahead of Lampard and Willian under Mourinho and Bertrand , Mata etc
                Bringing back Mourinho was the dumbest move chelsea made in years

Still I don't see Chelsea buying back Lukaku for the amount of money rumored now , maybe after the world cup next year
                Last edited by Phenom; 06-09-2017, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  I do agree with this.

Essentially because you are giving yourselves a smaller and smaller space to play into and score in by pushing up so high and really the easiest way of scoring is actually nicking the ball high up the pitch, negated in England as everyone plays a lot of long balls/passes.

If you recycle possession to that extent that Pep's Barca (bit different from Citeh to be fair) did you stop crossing the ball in regularly or even taking long-range shots or even taking throw-in's that go forward. Less long passes, even down to the keeper taking long kick outs.

His ideal team was football by numbers. City do tend to cross the ball in because their best players like De Bruyne that is one of his strengths.

That Barcelona team reminded me of when I was at kid we took part in this zonal football trials over a few weeks for some bright spark in youth footie development or something.

Zonal football broke the pitch up into defensive, midfield, and attack and you couldn't cross into the different zones like Netball, ffs. There would be a slight attacking overload I think it was 4 attackers vs 3 defenders for example. Depending on how may kids turned up for training. It was soooooo boring. I am sure it would have made all kids more technically able if it was rolled out across the country but it was so incredibly dull. We done it for a few weeks and kids didn't even rock up for training for the second session.

I always imagine Guardiola is a bit like that. Obviously the players are grown men professionals but at the end of the day it's a game. I doubt anyone really enjoys playing for Pep outside of Barcelona players.
                  Pretty much yeah.. and I mean he turned a pretty fast paced/counter attacking side in Bayern with wingers like Roben and Riberry into a slow barca lite side that got dismantled in Europe

I just don't see the style working in English football..

LVG had us with 70% of the ball most games with slow build up.. we would constantly struggle to break down teams.. and get hit by a counter or set play

Now United under LVG didn't have the players barca did in Peps "prime".. but then again City certainly don't either

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
                  Chelsea in ruins?
                  Conte knows what he's doing and who has united bought already?
                  If man united wants to go for top 2 they better buy a new backline too.
                  And they need a decent striker,united's like arsenal,nobody wants to come and play there.....
                  United just agreed terms with Morata man.. betmen has been raving about the dude for ages

Comment

Also Peps style is completely outdated at this point and he will not win the league.. no matter how much he spends
                    This man speaks the truth.

Pep is a fraud, got it easy at Barca and Bayern but now he's in a proper league. They'll be lucky to make top 4 tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      It was Mourinho one of many dumb decisions after his return he preferred old Eto'o over Lukaku and actually wanted a Rooney Eto'o pairing at Chelsea

And De Bruyne too couldn't get a minute ahead of Lampard and Willian under Mourinho and Bertrand , Mata etc
                      Bringing back Mourinho was the dumbest move chelsea made in years

Still I don't see Chelsea buying back Lukaku for the amount of money rumored now , maybe after the world cup next year
                      1st,Mourinho is a major tool,United can have him,i agree big mistake to get him back

2nd Conte has told Costa he's not needed anymore at chelsea,Solanke off to Liverpool and Batshuayi possibly going to Monaco,who will be chelsea striker then if Lukaku doesn't make the transfer?
                      Morata is alledgely close to an agreement with United.

3rd and unrelated,i hope Charly musonda get playing time under Conte this year at Chelsea,he's staying and at his loan spell at Betis he was electrifying,brilliant player

Comment

Working...
                      X