• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tottenham are done for.

Shocker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Dele Alli finally gets sent off. He is a very aggressive lad.

That said knowing a bit about him I think he's had a hard life compared to most of our pampered footballers.
      Ravel Morrison hard or-?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          Ravel Morrison hard or-?
          Single parent alcoholic mother.

I think he was in and out of care bodiesinflight will probably know more but yeah he's definitely had it tough.

He's definitely someone with a story but football is so sanitised now that we don't kniw anything about any of them. Which is a bit weird really. I don't want a pound of flesh or anything but you'd like to know a little bit about the protagonists involved in the game before they release an autobiography when they're about 60.

It is that that makes boxing great we get a story out of them.

It is that lack of knowing that means that John Terry is seen as a legit card carrying racist because he allegedly called Anton Ferdinand a black bastard. It is a massive jump. And a kid from the East End of London simply ain't gonna be racist. It would have been beaten out of him.

I know someone who worked on Terry's house and on a hot day he got an ice cream van to come around and gave them all an ice cream. I know that he wound his window down and beckoned a little cousin of mine to give him an autograph and make a bit of chat with him after my cousin was waiting in the cold for autographs. I know those are small things but there just little things that he has done to people that I know. And if you were a massive **** you'd not bother would you?

But then you have gutter journos who will paint him as a nasty piece of work indefinitely. There is a lack of humanity there.

I know I am a Chelsea fan but I would bet that Terry is probably an alright person.

Delle has a bit of an edge to him and there will be legit reasons.
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 02-23-2017, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sadio Mane View Post
            City win a couple of games and out comes El Fenomeno again
            Busy man old chap, not got time to be chatting **** all day on here these days.

Will try to post a bit more just for you mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              Single parent alcoholic mother.

I think he was in and out of care bodiesinflight will probably know more but yeah he's definitely had it tough.

He's definitely someone with a story but football is so sanitised now that we don't kniw anything about any of them. Which is a bit weird really. I don't want a pound of flesh or anything but you'd like to know a little bit about the protagonists involved in the game before they release an autobiography when they're about 60.

It is that that makes boxing great we get a story out of them.

It is that lack of knowing that means that John Terry is seen as a legit card carrying racist because he allegedly called Anton Ferdinand a black bastard. It is a massive jump. And a kid from the East End of London simply ain't gonna be racist. It would have been beaten out of him.

I know someone who worked on Terry's house and on a hot day he got an ice cream van to come around and gave them all an ice cream. I know that he wound his window down and beckoned a little cousin of mine to give him an autograph and make a bit of chat with him after my cousin was waiting in the cold for autographs. I know those are small things but there just little things that he has done to people that I know. And if you were a massive **** you'd not bother would you?

But then you have gutter journos who will paint him as a nasty piece of work indefinitely. There is a lack of humanity there.

I know I am a Chelsea fan but I would bet that Terry is probably an alright person.

Delle has a bit of an edge to him and there will be legit reasons.
              I understand what you mean. I think with the way Football is set up, it's really up to the club to promote that. Maybe on Tottenham's version of 'Friday Night Live'. Like Chelsea has on Chelsea TV.

Someone like Dele who is a on a astronomic climb to stardom. I don't see why the Tottenham execs. don't get in touch with Sky Sports or something to run a 30-60min segment on Dele Ali's rise to stardom.

That's pretty much how sports are done in the US. You get on ESPN the story of Y athlete and his/her personal story and it's usually of athletes who's stock is either rising or they just broke onto the big stage, into the spotlight.

Idk how it works over there. But I am certain a story like Dele Ali would get ratings. Which means money and also makes more people watch Tottenham if for nothing more, to watch Dele.

From the ultra's perspective it's "plastic" but it only makes business sense(for the suits) and it also gets out the player's story. Football is a business at the end of the day, least try to get something nice out of it you know?

Before I get side-bar comments like usual from certain people.
              Money makes the suits move.
              If suits are in action, you get stories like Dele Ali, Jesse Lindegard etc etc. out to the public, so at the very least, some players have more feel to them then just money grubbing robotic football fairies.

Comment

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post

best I've seen yet tbh

Comment

• Pretty much perfect for Renieri tbh even though it probably doesnt feel like it right now.

This way he doesnt have to worry about getting relegated and he can ride into the sunset with his legacy mostly intact. Take a big money job in China for a few years and then call it a day.

The way Hull and Swansea have improved+ big Sam at CP will probably start grinding out wins at some point, you have to say Leicester were probably on the way down

Comment

• Kante leaving for Chelsea is what killed Leicester. Quality player.

Comment

• Looks like Ozil and Sanchez will be packing their bags soon tbh

Comment

Working...
                      X