X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    Fine, I'll bite.

Individual players are all expendable. It is the sum of their parts that means something and Chelsea are a team that has literally won everything.

Players are lucky to play for Chelsea now. Chelsea aren't lucky to have the players. That is why we got Kante despite finishing 10th. We have that luxury because we've won everything over the last 13 years and he knew we'd more than likely win titles again. We're not paying more money than the Manc clubs and likely on a par with Arsenal. So it comes down to personal preference.

Unless Hazard wins us the champions league or something he is not going to be a particularly revered player at Chelsea. Just because we've had great teams in recent history. The jury is out on the current lot again because they finished 10th. And the jury will always be out on him because he was awful that season.

By the same token. We wouldn't burn Chelsea shirts with Hazard on the back if he went now. If he went now he'd just be another good player we had and he'd be replaced by someone of similar standard. He's not a Terry,Lampard, or a Drogba or even an Ashley Cole. He's not even a serial champion like Ivanovic who really myself included was disrespected when his performance level dropped badly. Or a top player over a number of years like Zola. He'd not even be a cult figure to me like Dennis Wise even or even a Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. Actually even Eidur Gudjohnson, Ricky Carvalho, Petr Cech, or Claude Makelele.

If Batshoes isn't quite good enough to play for Chelsea - Then there is no shame in that. Chelsea are a top club and have been for a long time now. He'll drop down a level like all those other players had to do for a time that we've 'ruined' and find a team were the pressure to perform and the scrutiny that comes for playing for Chelsea isn't there. Maybe he'd be good at a lesser club like Liverpool?

Works both ways too. Did we ruin Lukaku, De Bruyne or even Salah? If every player we ever bought hit the ground running we'd win every match wouldn't we? De Bruyne bounced back. And as sure as eggs are eggs Lukaku will rejoin Chelsea. Cuadrado ruined...lol.

I would actually be interested to see a Chelsea player in our first team to actually leave and go to a better team, and in my eyes there are only three definitively better and more successful clubs than us in modern history and they are the big two in Spain and Bayern. Juventus for me are probably also a better team possibly over the same period but they haven't won a European cup.

United are the biggest English club, but no Chelsea player that we want is going to leave us for them and vice versa.

To be fair United are the grand old man of English football now Liverpool are basically a myth.

If a player leaves Chelsea it is highly unlikely that they are in the form of their lives and highly valued by the club. We're different to Liverpool in that sense who have been cherry picked.

We'll see what happens with Hazard but really - it won't be a big loss if it did happen.
    What a goal by my boy Torres doe?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
      What a goal by my boy Torres doe?!

Comment

• I'm not going to run down the list of players Roy mentioned but there is no way in hell Hazard would win a Ballon in the next 5 years. Even if Ronaldo retires, Messi is still there and Messi can muster 3 goals on 20 assists and still win Ballon. So there is no point in that argument.

As for Chelsea, it's really the case of, either you're a world class player. Full stop. Or you are a very good player who plays very consistently to a high level. If you aren't either of those two things. You won't make it at Chelsea.

Players like Ivanovic and Mikel only lasted as long as they did because of two factors. A lack of depth in the position and Managers working around it by putting players in the wrong positions.

Dave would have long put Ivanovic out of the team if Mourinho would have never put him at LB. Felipe Luiz was just not made for the Prem, so Dave went to LB and Ivanovic got to stay. If Bertrand would have been what he is now, back then. Ivanovic would have never got extended.

Same with Mikel. If we didn't by midgets and neglect our midfield until we bought Matic back and Kante. Mikel would have been gone way the **** long ago. Now that we have Matic, Kante, Cesc, and the likes of Chalobah coming through. Mikel get flogged off to China.

Like I said. At Chelsea you have to play to the highest of levels consistently or be flat out world class. If you are neither of that, or if you can't wait to show your ability. You are out the door.

Sturridge, De Bruyne, Lukaku. All didn't want to wait and they all weren't good enough at the time. So they were gone. Even Drogba almost left the club but he stayed and the rest is history.

So with Batshuayi and co. If they can wait longer and keep working hard, maybe the same can be said for them. Time will tell.

Comment

• still the biggest mystery of the season for me was Bournemouth spending £15 million on Jordan Ibe.

Just a shocking, shocking signing.

Not saying he wont improve because he might but:

1.) He's worth about £5 million even in this market
          2.) 100% Liverpool would have let them have him on loan ffs.

I actually think that is one of the worst signings ever.

Comment

• I like Ibe but I think he may become another role-specific british player. Him and Sterling have so much talent but it's wasted by being told to play to a specific role/ style.

When Jose tried to make Hazard be a role-player, just look how that turned out. Imagine if Messi was never allowed to reach his potential, he'd be just another great dribbling winger out on the right side of the 433.

Side note though. Have any of you lot read that Sir Alex Ferguson book? Leading is the name.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
              No Manc makes that post.

Definitely a ****ney red.
              Your a yank mate.. gtfo

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              Innit.

How old is Motherducker?

I bet he supported LFC in the 80s and switched to Utd in the 90s.

surprised he isnt Chelsea or City by now.

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
              True lol

He posts more pro Liverpool than he does United.
              I thought it was pretty obv trolling for my boy Roy.. but i guess not..

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                Hazard joins any other club in world football rather than Chelsea when he left Lille = at least 2 Ballon D'ors by now.

FACT.

Oscar = Ruined.

Fabregas = Ruined.

Pedro = Ruined.

Willian = Ruined.

Batshoe = Ruined.

Torres = Ruined.

Hazard = nearly ruined.

Cuadrado = Ruined

Schurrlle = Ruined

Hundreds of the best young talents in world football = Ruined.

This ain't just me taking the p1ss...these are stone cold FACTS. Anyone who dares to play a bit of football gets ruined at Chelsea. Only dogs like Costa flourish.

Disgusting anti-football club. Should be banned for crimes against the beautiful game tbh.
                LOL those aren't even the worse ones.. schevchenko/crespo/torres were literaly the best strikers in the world.. Chelsea destroyed them

There is also some dodgy stuff going on at Chelsea will allows them to get around the fair play stuff...

The amount they are selling some of these players for (oscar/luiz etc) is just not right and somehow Roman is involved..

How did Luiz go from letting in 8 goals vs Gemany and being ****e.. to being worth 50m?

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  I'm not going to run down the list of players Roy mentioned but there is no way in hell Hazard would win a Ballon in the next 5 years. Even if Ronaldo retires, Messi is still there and Messi can muster 3 goals on 20 assists and still win Ballon. So there is no point in that argument.
                  Is that you downplaying Messi's achievements?

Every season Messi has had since about 2007 has been a different level to Hazard's best season.

Objectively speaking if the ballon d'or was given to the 'best player' in the world that year (individual performance, disregarding team achievements) Messi would've won about 10 of the things. Different level of impact altogether, Hazard will never get there.

Comment

• Hazard at his very best is only discussed in the Neymar/Suarez type bracket.

When Neymar has been at his best he's been put amongst the bracket above that.

I expect that to resume soon when Hazard reverts to his usual inconsistent mediocrity. Supremely talented ****house.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                      LOL those aren't even the worse ones.. schevchenko/crespo/torres were literaly the best strikers in the world.. Chelsea destroyed them

There is also some dodgy stuff going on at Chelsea will allows them to get around the fair play stuff...

The amount they are selling some of these players for (oscar/luiz etc) is just not right and somehow Roman is involved..

How did Luiz go from letting in 8 goals vs Gemany and being ****e.. to being worth 50m?

Comment

Working...
                      X