Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm hearing his retirement is political and all the other star names are following him. Something to do with their fa.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
      I'm hearing his retirement is political and all the other star names are following him. Something to do with their fa.
      I don't understand why they're are so dull.

All their best players are attackers.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        It's easier when you have the best players in the world at their positions, on your team.

Even then, with Argentina, he has the best striker in the premier league, one of La Liga's best defenders, plus quality throughout the whole midfield. He has no excuse. ZERO

Specially when he is the one shooting his penalties into the 15 row. Something he has done quite often when the bright lights are on.
        Indeed.. look at the WC Argentina defense was rock solid.. i'd imagine its still pretty good..

Then you have top attacking talents like Di Maria.. Aguero.. Higuian.. Lavezzi

Very weak retiring.. Argentina player wise may just be the strongest nation in world football (on paper) He bottled a golden chance vs Germany.. and obv the first pen..

Really great players don't give up

Comment

• He'll come out of retirement for the next World Cup, book it.

This is a heat of the moment thing, he's just thrown the toys out the pram.
          Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 06-27-2016, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
            Didn't Scholes retire at 29?
            Not sure how old he was.. that was a bad decision imo.. England even tried to get him back at 34 or 36

BUT..

Scholes was pushed out and mistreated to keep weaker players like Lampard and Gerrard in the team..

Also England compared to the Argies? England were never close to two major finals in a row.. We had the likes of Heskey and Crouch upfront

Lastly.. Scholes was a top player.. but Messi is supposedly one of the GOATs of football and is held to an even higher standard

Comment

• Comment

• What a ****in baby.

Comment

• Messi will be back.

Obviously was proper gutted and that's why he said what he said.

I felt his pain.

I've been through what he's been through. I know the exact feeling.

Back in my FIFA Ultimate team playing days I used to feel the same, when I'd try and win the tournament but just kept on losing in the final to ***0ts online who would play like *******.

I'd announce my retirement in tears after the game to the watching press and release a heartfelt statement about how I was done with the game.

Sure I'd be able to stay away for a week or two but me being the competitor I am I'd always come back for one more.

So Leo, if you're reading (I know you are pal, I've been told by my sources in Barcelona that you read this thread) you'll be back. Let the tears flow, I know it hurts, I've been through the exact same thing but come back better than ever in 2018 and use the pain you are feeling right now to give you that extra push to guide you to victory at the 2018 World Cup.

I managed to finally win a online tournament in the end and I know Messi can do the same and practically match my achievement one day.

Comment

• The new stand is already bearing fruit, big name signings are now happening.

Comment

• Roy, 1 on 1 me on FIFA.

Comment

Working...
                      X