X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
    Sturridge and rashford in

People seem pretty mad that Drinkwater is out as is townsend.. Obviously Wilshere/sterling are in horrible form

That squad is so bad tbh.. the quality of English players seems at an all time low in the 20+ years i have been watching football..

Who knows maybe the spurs lot turn i to world beaters

Reus was not included in the germany squad.. has he been playing bad? Gotze is in and judging from a tweet today he expected Reus to be also
    Reus was apparently advised medically to not participate in the tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      He's actually right about that best strikers in Europe comment.

Outside of Lewandowski and Zlatan. I don't see any nation who stands out significantly at the striker position.

Edit- Plus them being good for a year or two doesn't matter. You just need them to continue to be good just for the tournament.

Afterwards they can become Heskey for all you should care, as long as England is raising the trophy at the end of it all.
      Yes I meant best strikeforce as a whole. I couldn't even tell you who Sweden/Poland's second/third strikes are..

Germany are **** too aren't they rolling out Mario Gomez? .

England will make the semi-finals.
      Last edited by Mr Ehrmantraut; 06-01-2016, 02:50 AM.

Comment

• doesn't matter if roy plays them out of position. he'll use kane and that's it. he's even said that he'll be the main guy.

you think mario gomez is bad?

Comment

• Originally posted by Enliven26 View Post
          doesn't matter if roy plays them out of position. he'll use kane and that's it. he's even said that he'll be the main guy.

you think mario gomez is bad?
          Correct, he's been washed up for years.

Comment

• Christ, just seen Germany are wheeling out Podolski too.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              He's actually right about that best strikers in Europe comment.

Outside of Lewandowski and Zlatan. I don't see any nation who stands out significantly at the striker position.

Edit- Plus them being good for a year or two doesn't matter. You just need them to continue to be good just for the tournament.

Afterwards they can become Heskey for all you should care, as long as England is raising the trophy at the end of it all.
              You have a point but the champions setup suits Vardy perfect.. no way Woy or England will be the same..

We shunted one of the best CM (scholes) United/England ever had onto the left instead of building a team around him.

Hope i am wrong but i have seen far better English teams shame themselves so i can't get too excited.

Comment

You have a point but the champions setup suits Vardy perfect.. no way Woy or England will be the same..

We shunted one of the best CM (scholes) United/England ever had onto the left instead of building a team around him.

Hope i am wrong but i have seen far better English teams shame themselves so i can't get too excited.
                At the time when Scholes was shunted to the left building a team around him would have been a massive waste of time as he wasnt playing well for England.

If you was to build a team around Scholes 2000/2004 was the time to do it.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                    At the time when Scholes was shunted to the left building a team around him would have been a massive waste of time as he wasnt playing well for England.

If you was to build a team around Scholes 2000/2004 was the time to do it.
                    2004 was when he was pushed out onto the wing.. 2000 was keegan and Ince and Wise were playing werent they? Phil Neville screwed us over that year.

I would argue IF he played bad it was due to miss use. Anyway it was quite clear you couldnt play Lampard and Gerrard both together.. its kind of a shame hargreaves never recovered from injuries.. Hargreaves/scholes would have been fantastic imo

Comment

2004 was when he was pushed out onto the wing.. 2000 was keegan and Ince and Wise were playing werent they? Phil Neville screwed us over that year.

I would argue IF he played bad it was due to miss use. Anyway it was quite clear you couldnt play Lampard and Gerrard both together.. its kind of a shame hargreaves never recovered from injuries.. Hargreaves/scholes would have been fantastic imo

I preferred the early version of Scholes when he played further forward. scored more and was involved in attacks more imo. But people seem to go on about his deeper role these days though so i think i'm in a minority. Scholes on the wing though man lol makes you cringe.

I always wondered what the top nations would have done with Lampard and Gerrard, Germany or France wouldn't have had problems making them click i don't think. Part of the reason i actually wanted Gerrard to sign for Chelsea that time before he bottled it.

Comment

Working...
                      X