This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
    I just wanna see a side with hunger out there.

Wether Vardy scores or not one thing we do know for a fact is the **** is gonna be giving 110% and chasing every single ball down like his life depends on it. I know it sounds old fashioned and dinosaur tactics esque but we have to face the facts, we just don't have the quality to compete with the top sides on a footballing level so IMO our best chance is to just go at them like it's the fcking Vauxhall Conference league and break a few legs and play 100mph football.

Rooney the fat **** is not hungry anymore, literally.

Kane will want it, Vardy will want it, imagine Roy called up a fat **** from the lower leagues for centre back, someone to ''shore'' up the backline, that'd be awesome.
    That's just pure hunger man, he'll be playing like it's his first and last tournament. Players of Vardy's ilk may not get another chance like it again whereas we have fat twats like Rooney who have been internationals for over a decade and accomplished **** all. We've had our players picked on reputation and not form. We're not going to out pass Spain, out press Germany, out defence Italy etc so as you say, best bet is blood the youth or those who haven't had an opportunity before and ****ing go for it. I don't think anyone will care if we get molested 189-0 by Germany provided our best foot is put forward, unlike the pathetic WC 14 campaign

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Agreed. Wellbeck is a big miss for me.

I would have went for a front three of Welbeck, Kane, Vardy basically to press high up the pitch. Welbeck is brilliant at pressing the ball.

I don't want to play guys like Lallana or Sterling. No athleticism. I would go for:

--------------------------Hart-------------------------------------

Walker---------Smalling-----Someone crap-----------Rose---

--------------------------Dier-------------------------------------

Alli------------------------------------------------------Drinkwater

---------------------Kane-----------Vardy-------------------------

Woy will go for:

---------------------------Hart--------------------------------------

Clyne---------Smalling------------Cahill---------------Bertrand

---------------Dier-----------------Henderson--------------------

-------------------------Rooney-----------------------------------

Milner-----------------------------------------------------Sterling

-------------------------Kane---------------------------------------
      Damn, that confident you'd only field ten players?!

You nutter Sparky. Must be confident it's in the bag.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Pistolero View Post
        That's just pure hunger man, he'll be playing like it's his first and last tournament. Players of Vardy's ilk may not get another chance like it again whereas we have fat twats like Rooney who have been internationals for over a decade and accomplished **** all. We've had our players picked on reputation and not form. We're not going to out pass Spain, out press Germany, out defence Italy etc so as you say, best bet is blood the youth or those who haven't had an opportunity before and ****ing go for it. I don't think anyone will care if we get molested 189-0 by Germany provided our best foot is put forward, unlike the pathetic WC 14 campaign
        Bang on.

But yeah, Sparked is correct that is probably the team Woy will pick, nice and safe.

Comment

Damn, that confident you'd only field ten players?!

You nutter Sparky. Must be confident it's in the bag.
          just noticed that......heads on its arse.

Working nights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mario Gotze View Post
            The thought of Gotze, Coutinho & Firmino tearing chit up together next season...

Wait till you see our new goalkeeper...!

Comment

• Smalling is really going to start? He was probably the best defender we had last season.. (not saying much) but was still prone to letting his man go..

Honestly De Gea made a lot of these ****ers look a hell of a lot better stat/scoreline wise. What happened to the old hard british centre back? Like Adams.. bruce.. Campbell even Terry.. God damn that was a good defense we had..

Seaman.. Cole.. ferdinand.. campbell.. neville

Comment

• Originally posted by Mario Gotze View Post
                Belgium are like Germany, they're a proper tournament team. They'll make the Semi's at a minimum IMO.
                Meh don't buy it..

Last world cup they reminded me of the old England.. smashed the qualifying stages and got lots of hype..

In the tournament? Scraped past some bum teams and finally lost to the first good team they met in the quarters.. i thought Hazard in particular didn't show much and was suprised how well he did at Chelsea in 2015

But anyway that's Svens England all over

Comment

It's gonna be very interesting to see how Woy lines us up at the Euro's. Kane and Vardy up front? Sturridge on the bench?

All three of those should be ahead of Rooney as strikers. Only way i can see Rooney getting into the starting eleven is if he plays in midfield or attacking mid.

At least Woy has left Walcott out, thank fck for that.

I'm starting to come round to the idea of not wanting Rooney in the starting 11.

Only problem is for me there's not too many candidates that have stood up this season to replace him.

Ross Barkley was a let down this season, Lallana is just not that good, Sterling has had an awful season, Antonio hasn't even been given a chance.

The one major reason for keeping him out though is that the team will probably play with more freedom and balls if he isn't there.

We used to see it with Gerrard at Liverpool when he too was past his prime like Rooney is now for England, when he wasn't in the team the other players would step up and express themselves better with not having the main man to just pass the buck onto.
                  You forgot Alli you donkey. No wonder it has taken you until now to only start coming round to the idea of not starting Rooney.

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                  I'd seriously look at Rooney as a CM.

Saw him play there once for Utd a couple weeks ago and he was decent, much better than he's been up front anyway.

I wouldn't let Rooney anywhere near this team.

Forster
                  Walter Smalling Cahill Bertrand
                  Dier Drinkwater
                  Alli Milner
                  Kane Vardy

I would look to get Sturidge in the team at the earliest possibility.
                  Last edited by Adamjr91; 05-16-2016, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Divock Origi is on the plane to Basel!

Comment

• The Brighton/Wednesday game is proper.

More entertaining than anything I have seen for a while.

I reckon another crap team might win the league next year as well. Look at the intensity of these teams!

Comment

Working...
                      X