X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    Definitely.

He's had a fantastic season in general, to be left out of the squad for the likes of Townsend is an absolute insult.

Also, while Walcott is crap, to say you left him out because 'he didn't play regularly enough' and then pick Wilshire and Delph is either hypocrisy or pure stupidity.
    I think the difference is that CM is a weak position for us, especially CDM, whereas we've plenty of attacking talent to call on. Delph im not sure about (he brings a bit of steel, but not much else), but if Wilshire is fit then he has to be in or around the team.

One of our few quality ball players in midfield

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      I think the difference is that CM is a weak position for us, especially CDM, whereas we've plenty of attacking talent to call on. Delph im not sure about (he brings a bit of steel, but not much else), but if Wilshire is fit then he has to be in or around the team.

One of our few quality ball players in midfield
      Noble had a good season also.

I understand he's not great, but to leave him out for Delph is highly unfair IMO.

Comment

Definitely.

He's had a fantastic season in general, to be left out of the squad for the likes of Townsend is an absolute insult.

Also, while Walcott is crap, to say you left him out because 'he didn't play regularly enough' and then pick Wilshire and Delph is either hypocrisy or pure stupidity.
        Yeah that's a blatant lie from Hodgson, i'm sure the general public and Theo himself would have just appreciated it more if he just came out with the truth which was he didn't pick him coz he's dog ****e.

Comment

• I have a problem with the Delph and Rashford picks. Not much else.

Delph because he is bang average and Rashford because he is a complete waste of a pick. Woy simply won't pick him.

Would he throw on Andy Carroll for a last desperate through of the dice? Definitely.

Townsend I think is a good player he is also a very good ball carrier. He is a very, very, very, poor man's Robben. I still think that. On his day he can be quite destructive. It is worth having players like that ahead of a guy like Walcott who is an awful player.

Antonio is a bit unlucky but there is a place for judging players on their international performances and Townsend is confident in an England shirt.

Comment

Noble had a good season also.

I understand he's not great, but to leave him out for Delph is highly unfair IMO.
            Yeah Noble can probably feel rightly aggrieved.

I guess Delph has been around the team a bit so Hodge knows him a bit better?

CM is definitely the weakest part of our team though, and unless we get it sorted i dont think England will do all that much. Dier is ok, nothing special. Henderson is pony. Wiltshire is quality but cant stay fit. Drinkwater? looks good this season but he's been playing next to Cocaine Kante (thanks sparked). Delph? Noble? Relocated Rooney? eer... Colback? not up to much

Serious lack of talent there imo

Comment

• Wilshere's our best CM by a country mile, even at 75%.

Has to be in.

Comment

• Our defence is absolutely horrible though.

Cahill is absymal and Stones is a nutcase. Then you have the two Spurs full-backs who will get caught too high up the pitch. So we have a defence consisting of Chris Smalling. Gary Cahill does nothing except back off and try to block shots. He has gone under the radar a bit at Chelsea because we have been terrible but he is possible our worst player currently. Simply awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  Yeah Noble can probably feel rightly aggrieved.

I guess Delph has been around the team a bit so Hodge knows him a bit better?

CM is definitely the weakest part of our team though, and unless we get it sorted i dont think England will do all that much. Dier is ok, nothing special. Henderson is pony. Wiltshire is quality but cant stay fit. Drinkwater? looks good this season but he's been playing next to Cocaine Kante (thanks sparked). Delph? Noble? Relocated Rooney? eer... Colback? not up to much

Serious lack of talent there imo
                  I'd seriously look at Rooney as a CM.

Saw him play there once for Utd a couple weeks ago and he was decent, much better than he's been up front anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    Belgium will probably go out in the group phase.

Talk about Spurs being bottle jobs. If this season has taught me anything it is that Belgian's are soft as shite.

From Chelsea's bum of a keeper, to Hazard being made into a virtual pub player by a bruised thigh for 95% of the season, Lukaku being awful when it really matters and missing a thousand clear cut chances against Man U, Dembele eye-gouging someone like a little fanny, the two Belgian centre-halves getting butchered by a relegated Newcastle, and De Bruyne going missing for Citeh when the CL semi final (both legs). Kompany of course is always is injured.

That team is not doing shit. England would beat them, imo.

Fellaini is their only player who is not a fanny. Just bang average.
                    Belgium are like Germany, they're a proper tournament team. They'll make the Semi's at a minimum IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      Our defence is absolutely horrible though.

Cahill is absymal and Stones is a nutcase. Then you have the two Spurs full-backs who will get caught too high up the pitch. So we have a defence consisting of Chris Smalling. Gary Cahill does nothing except back off and try to block shots. He has gone under the radar a bit at Chelsea because we have been terrible but he is possible our worst player currently. Simply awful.
                      Stones is a fcking ******.

He's still giving the ball away at least three or four times every game in very dangerous situations.

I get the playing it out from the back bit, he's a young player with massive potential but he's not learning from his mistakes, when you've been awful for a while it wouldn't hurt to just play it safe for a bit rather than carry on costing your team a goal every other week.

Comment

Working...
                      X