This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
    I never bought in to the notion that going out of the champions league is a good thing.

For most foreign players champions league is more important than winning the league, it's morale sapping and you're put under even more pressure to perform in the league.

I'd much rather be in the champions league having spent the previous year trying to get there.

I get that it's used to see the positive side after going out but not before you're out.
    No ****, you're a Spurs fan.

For Spurs the problem is getting into the CL in the first place.

Leave the worrying about wether we want to stay in it or drop out of it to us big boys kiddo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
      ****ty Europa League?

Well let's ask Maradona what he thinks about that.

The way he's cradling it like a new born baby tells me he doesn't think it's just a ****ty Europa League.

But who cares if Maradona rated it as his favourite trophy he ever won, Sparked26 of Boxingscene forums thinks it's a ****ty cup.
      That is not the Europa league. That was a cup that meant something. Not a watered down CL with such leading lights as FC Carrier Bag and that team that Liverpool played that play in a swimming pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        That is not the Europa league. That was a cup that meant something. Not a watered down CL with such leading lights as FC Carrier Bag and that team that Liverpool played that play in a swimming pool.
        The same FC Carrier Bag who just went life and death with Tottenham?

They'd whoop Chelsea that's for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
          I can't believe people are actually backing Utd for the league. Have you guys seen them play?! I'd be less shocked if they ended up 6th or something.

We will win every game down the stretch during the run-in if need be, this City team has a proven track record of doing it. We've been coasting since early September and still sit top. Soon enough we'll put a run together and distance ourselves, I've got not doubt about it at all.

Still don't think that Liverpool squad can play a high press for a full season either.
          City never creats distance that's precisely the reason they win the league by the skin of their teeth they obviously should be favorites but I'm picking United because even when they are **** they won't concede and can salvage results

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
              The same FC Carrier Bag who just went life and death with Tottenham?

They'd whoop Chelsea that's for sure.
              Chelsea would make that trophy look as second rate as we did in 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                Chelsea would make that trophy look as second rate as we did in 2013.
                Bro chelsea lost to ****ing Bradford
                City that 2013 team is so much better than this side don't try to belittle the trophy because Rafa won it

Comment

• If it really is that easy Chelsea best chance at CL football next year is to lose to Porto and waltz that second rate trophy

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    Bro chelsea lost to ****ing Bradford
                    City that 2013 team is so much better than this side don't try to belittle the trophy because Rafa won it
                    It is second rate.

Random Bradford City reference. I was at that game and it was legitimately hilarious.

Rafa is second rate too, as was Torres. They both loved that tournament.

The cup winners cup was a tournament. Even the UEFA when there wasn't so many teams in the CL was good. Europa is awful.

It was nothing to win that tournament. The best thing about it was Chelsea conceding 4 bizarre pens and still winning it. No one even questioned it because that tournament barely registers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      If it really is that easy Chelsea best chance at CL football next year is to lose to Porto and waltz that second rate trophy
                      They will if they go out.

I would put money on it. It would be cheap though.

Chelsea don't deserve CL football though. They've been an utter disgrace regardless of what happens between now and the end of the season.

Comment

Working...
                      X