Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Penaldo in the running for the player of the year Suarez deserves it a lot more

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
      I never bought in to the notion that going out of the champions league is a good thing.

For most foreign players champions league is more important than winning the league, it's morale sapping and you're put under even more pressure to perform in the league.

I'd much rather be in the champions league having spent the previous year trying to get there.

I get that it's used to see the positive side after going out but not before you're out.
      I don't think City would have any league titles without being pony in the CL. Those big games in March if you go deep are punishing unless you are a special team.

Let's face it. None of them are special teams.

Chelsea will go furthest again I would bet because we will put our eggs in that basket again as we must since our league season is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
        How is Penaldo in the running for the player of the year Suarez deserves it a lot more
        It takes a long time for most people to reconcile themselves with the fact that one of their favourite players has lost it.

Just look at Rooney for example: He's been average-poor for a good 3 seasons now and still, in most circles he's thought of as a top player. People have the audacity to say, Rooney can fill a midfield role at Man Utd and succeed there

Now take Gerrard, he had been mediocre during his last 3-4 seasons at Liverpool years and only last year people realised he had lost it.

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        I don't think City would have any league titles without being pony in the CL. Those big games in March if you go deep are punishing unless you are a special team.

Let's face it. None of them are special teams.

Chelsea will go furthest again I would bet because we will put our eggs in that basket again as we must since our league season is done.
        Let's face it, Chelsea may get the furthest out of the English teams because they have the easiest group in Champions League history which you're still struggling to top! There's even a middle eastern team in there for **** sake.

Since when was Tel Aviv a city in Europe? 1 goal scored 15 goals conceded. GTFO!
        Last edited by Adamjr91; 11-30-2015, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• We will get further because we usually do, tbh.

And if we did finish 3rd everybody knows for a fact we'll win the shitty Europa league. Last time I think that tournament was actually bent and we still won it. Concede 4 ropey penalties it was a farce.

Chelsea are crap. But it will surprise nobody if we do the best in Europe as per usual. I want City to prove me wrong, honestly.

I also don't think Chelsea have struggled in their group in relative terms. Should have really beaten Kiev in Kiev and if we did that would be it already. Even the Porto game was o.k. not even the top 10 of bad Chelsea performances this season.
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 11-30-2015, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
            Oh they will do top 4 no problem

I was talking about the title

They have a top manager with a bit about him.. really city should win the league easy.. but look at them.. dont rate pelegrini much and aguero/k9mpany keep getting injured...

Arsenal always have injury problems and will probably fall away a couple months before the end of season.

I am a United fan and we are ****e.. i think we will draw to many games because we lack penetration. I dont hate van gaal he is doing well results wise (outside of cl) with what he has.. but we need to bring in a more attacking manager in the summer and just buy good defenders
            Liverpool have too many average players and a thin roster they won't last the year playing this style of football maybe they will have a chance at the league if they spend crazy amount in January but as is just look at that roster and tell me who would you want on your team.

I picked United to win the league in preseason I still think they will win the league because City is too inconsistent but it's between those two.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
              I never bought in to the notion that going out of the champions league is a good thing.

For most foreign players champions league is more important than winning the league, it's morale sapping and you're put under even more pressure to perform in the league.

I'd much rather be in the champions league having spent the previous year trying to get there.

I get that it's used to see the positive side after going out but not before you're out.
              I think if spurs didnt play on Thursday they would have had all 3 points on Sunday Europa is brutal because of all that traveling to random Cities and coming back on a Friday but UCL is more manageable

Comment

• I can't believe people are actually backing Utd for the league. Have you guys seen them play?! I'd be less shocked if they ended up 6th or something.

We will win every game down the stretch during the run-in if need be, this City team has a proven track record of doing it. We've been coasting since early September and still sit top. Soon enough we'll put a run together and distance ourselves, I've got not doubt about it at all.

Still don't think that Liverpool squad can play a high press for a full season either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  Chelsea are crap. But it will surprise nobody if we do the best in Europe as per usual. I want City to prove me wrong, honestly.
                  We're probably gonna get Barca though aren't we. Which means we won't prove you wrong.

Also, the 2 years we won the prem we did pretty well in cup comps. Probably played the most games of anyone in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    We will get further because we usually do, tbh.

And if we did finish 3rd everybody knows for a fact we'll win the shitty Europa league. Last time I think that tournament was actually bent and we still won it. Concede 4 ropey penalties it was a farce.
                    ****ty Europa League?

Well let's ask Maradona what he thinks about that.

The way he's cradling it like a new born baby tells me he doesn't think it's just a ****ty Europa League.

But who cares if Maradona rated it as his favourite trophy he ever won, Sparked26 of Boxingscene forums thinks it's a ****ty cup.

Comment

• It is just a suspicion I hold. It would be different if there were any great teams in the league. Who were the last 'great' English team?

The United who beat Chelsea in 2008?

This season specifically with Chelsea being dreadful I have looked at all the other teams. None of them are very good. I always stick up for the premier league and it is great to watch but I don't know how with all the money in the game there is not one real heavyweight team among them.

I expect Leicester to finish 8th but who knows. What do they have to fear?

Comment

Working...
                      X