Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torres wasn't a good player who lost form.

He was a bad player who found form for a season or two then reverted back.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
      Torres wasn't a good player who lost form.

Agreed.

Shevchenko is the only one who surprised me. He was 29 but he was excellent at Milan for years.

Never felt good about Torres. Hugely overrated player. The comparison with Drogba were always an utter disgrace.

Drogba is a man. Torres is a pre-op.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
        Difference is the players you mentioned were young players with potential. Jeffers, Sinclair and Rodwell had done jack in the game it was all about what they had the potential to do. Not to mention Forlan went on to become La Liga top scorer after he left Utd so in no way was he ruined.

Chelsea ruin already established top class players, a feat in itself.

Torres, a top 3 striker in world football goes to Chelsea and all of a sudden forgets how to play football.

Shevchenko, again same as above.

Hazard - fair enough a young player too but not comparable with the others mentioned as Hazard was not just any young talent, he was a player who at the age of 19 was world class and already a top class player. Hopefully he's not been completely ruined by Chelsea and still can have a decent career for himself away from Chelsea but if he goes down the Torres route ie leaving and still looking like he's never known how to play football before i wont be surprised.

Chelsea's whole philosophy as a club is anti football. So for any player who has an iota of extravagance and flair to their game it's always gonna be a uphill struggle.

The only way to succeed is to change your whole game like Willian has done and focus on defending first even as an attacking player and then you will do well at Chelsea.

Willian, footballs first ever Defensive Attacking Midfielder gave up his love for playing football to succeed at Chelsea, Hazard refuses to do the same which is why Chelsea fans hate him so much.
        Dirk.

Kuyt.

Comment

• Sheva was a disappointment. Maybe the rumors of him not actually wanting to move could be true.

I remember him managing to score a screamer against us though. Typical.

And when we had Rebrov there was rumors that we was going to sign Shevchenko to help Rebrov find form lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
            Torres wasn't a good player who lost form.

If you're being serious here that's one of the most ridiculous posts i've ever read in this thread.

No one in the history of the game has just found form for a couple of seasons to become the best striker in world football only to return to being someone who looks like he's never kicked a ball in his life after a couple of years.

That's just impossible.

Torres was a very good young player at Atletico who became one of if not the best striker in the world at Liverpool, who let's not forget was also not looking out of place playing for Spain since his Atletico days alongisde the likes of Iniesta and Xavi scoring winners in major international cup finals up until he goes to Chelsea and they along with the injuries he suffered completely ruin him as a footballer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              Drogba is a man. Torres is a pre-op.
              You've quickly forgotten how the pre-op used to ***** slap around John Terry and co for fun then i'm guessing?

You of all people should know just how good he was. Chelsea used to get slapped up by Torres even when he was off form i remember.

Remember the supposed best CB partnership in world football Vidic and Rio getting dealt with?

Torres most underrated quality was how strong he was.

Comment

• Sooner Van Gaal ****s off the better.

Can't remember the last time i enjoyed watching a game of football.

Comment

• Giroud failing to score important goals again adam

Lmao first i ever heard torres was a bad player who found form for a few seasons..

Michael Ricketts was a bad player who found form for a season or so. Torres was a great player who got railroaded by injury and never recovered.

And he still won the CL at chelsea.. @ bad player.. sparked officially lost it

Comment

• Arsenal are proper pony

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloppite7 View Post
                      Arsenal are proper pony
                      Arsenal losing to West Brom, Chelsea scraping a draw against Norwich and Utd going life and death with Watford whereas we will be going toe to toe with Man City in a title chasing clash today away at the Etihad.

Life is good as a Liverpool fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X