This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    Get this rest of the world, we are building quality youth infrastructure. We're coming and the girls winning only helps things.
    Do not delude yourself young man, USA football is going nowhere. Success in Woman's football will never translate.

Comment

• Success in woman's football won't translate, I agree.

However, US men's football is coming along nicely. With Klinsmann the culture has changed. We won't be anything great anytime soon but we are developing at an accelerated rate.

Comment

• Aren't half the USA national team German born?

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Ed View Post
          Aren't half the USA national team German born?
          Yes they took 7 players to the World Cup that weren't raised in America.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            This transfer window is boring.

Is Alexis Sanchez an Amerindian? People say there are no 'Native Americans' in top flight sport but surely there must be absolutely loads playing top level football. Heard an Argentina call Chileans 'The Indians' was confused.
            Cavani is half Amerindian

Comment

• Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
              Yeah we had him as a raw left back and he had pretty good pace but I don't think he is as quick as he used to be, probably why he now plays centre back.

2 year deal is a risk I agree but hopefully he stays fit.

And if he does stay fit one thing is for sure.. League 1 strikers are gonna get bodybagged.
              Absolute hero is Big George.

Really hope he keeps himself fit & does the business for ya!

Comment

• Kyle Walker is gonna be obsolete soon at Spurs. Yedlin is gonna take his spot.

Comment

• Bet he Kieran Trippier does..

I don't think women's footie success is completely unrelated. Though the stats do say otherwise. With the exception of Germany none of the nations at the women's World Cup are top men's teams. Not even France.

I do think that uptake of the sport outside of school hours obviously increases the talent pool and further investment in the women's game will impact boys football at grassroots level.

In terms of the women's team. I imagine they will be a dominant team now. With central contracts like in cricket the rewards are there. Steph Houghton earns £65k a year.

Not bad, really.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    Kyle Walker is gonna be obsolete soon at Spurs. Yedlin is gonna take his spot.
                    He's going to be loaned out. That's why we bought Trippier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      Bet he Kieran Trippier does..

I don't think women's footie success is completely unrelated. Though the stats do say otherwise. With the exception of Germany none of the nations at the women's World Cup are top men's teams. Not even France.

I do think that uptake of the sport outside of school hours obviously increases the talent pool and further investment in the women's game will impact boys football at grassroots level.

In terms of the women's team. I imagine they will be a dominant team now. With central contracts like in cricket the rewards are there. Steph Houghton earns £65k a year.

Not bad, really.
                      That's obscene.

I would rather watch Crawley take on Hartlepool at Victoria Park, than sit through a game of Woman's football between USA and Japan.

I can only watch woman racket sports and volleyball (beach and the other one).

Comment

Working...
                      X