This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    You might be right in that aspect if they had money surly they would be better.

And don't get me wrong i hate when teams that park the bus, but to be fair alot of teams do it because that might be there only shot. But that is not easy for example its good football in the sense where they have to be disciplined and and keep shape communicate with each other and know where the other person is that there marking at all times. BPL team i dont think are that disciplined so in a way La Liga teams might be more competitive against Barca then if Barca joins the EPL(talking about lower tier teams cause obliviously they could loss to top tier teams) . So many Man City fans talking **** on twitter after the 1-0 loss Barca suffered thinking they had a chance since bums like Malaga beat Barca, but when Barca played Man city my god they had so much space and dribbling from Barca was crazy, in La Liga it harder to dribble past defenders because they quickly pick your pocket.
    I was always under the impression it was easier to dribble in La Liga, the defenders stand off way too much at times. That's why you wouldn't see Messi scoring as much in any other of the top leagues, not just England but Germany and Italy too. He would still be the best player just not as prolific imo.

I'm not even one of these "Premier league or nothing" guys, i just don't like the lop sided, two horse race that is La Liga where the top two teams get everything their own way. It's not an even playing field. It's like watching boxing just for the Garcia v Salka type fights. It can be fun to watch a demolition job but you want competitiveness in sport.

Comment

• And fans cry when a player is apparently ''disloyal'' to their club

That's why i never get upset when a player wants to leave.

It's all well and good when you're playing well but as soon as your performances drop the club doesn't give too ****s about you.

Comment

• Comment

• Griezmann and Lacazette are off the table then?

Didn't want them bums anyway eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
            I was always under the impression it was easier to dribble in La Liga, the defenders stand off way too much at times. That's why you wouldn't see Messi scoring as much in any other of the top leagues, not just England but Germany and Italy too. He would still be the best player just not as prolific imo.

I'm not even one of these "Premier league or nothing" guys, i just don't like the lop sided, two horse race that is La Liga where the top two teams get everything their own way. It's not an even playing field. It's like watching boxing just for the Garcia v Salka type fights. It can be fun to watch a demolition job but you want competitiveness in sport.
            Scoring wise yes i might agree, only because he would be playing in a EPL team and not in the Barca team. Can he get 31 like Ronaldo or Saruez did yes, but i have a feeling as he gets older and he seen this year in EPL he could could control the game as a attacking mid more.

Dribbling against Man city and Psg at least was easier even Iniesta and Rakitic were amazing, in la Liga Iniesta in some games this year was really ineffective. Suarez especially once he got the ball he lost it a lot of times.

There was a stat in CL for Messi where it said he scored the most in his CL career against German teams but had the most successful dribbles against English teams.

Two man league, ya i get it but in the last 10 years, wasn't it Man u and Chelsea with City as the exception and La Liga it was Barca and Real with Atleti as the exception?

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
              Scoring wise yes i might agree, only because he would be playing in a EPL team and not in the Barca team. Can he get 31 like Ronaldo or Saruez did yes, but i have a feeling as he gets older and he seen this year in EPL he could could control the game as a attacking mid more.

Dribbling against Man city and Psg at least was easier even Iniesta and Rakitic were amazing, in la Liga Iniesta in some games this year was really ineffective. Suarez especially once he got the ball he lost it a lot of times.

There was a stat in CL for Messi where it said he scored the most in his CL career against German teams but had the most successful dribbles against English teams.

Two man league, ya i get it but in the last 10 years, wasn't it Man u and Chelsea with City as the exception and La Liga it was Barca and Real with Atleti as the exception?
              It doesn't even have to be different teams winning, but at least some of the lesser teams push the top teams all the way in a match, you don't see teams roll over for Man u and Arsenal like you do Barca and Madrid. The can literally play at 70% at times in the league and still get a comfortable win, if Chelsea play at 90% in the league they would probably get beat, because all teams try to win, not just try and avoid a stuffing.

I won't pay much attention to Man city stats in the Champions league as they are bottlers in that comp.

Comment

Griezmann and Lacazette are off the table then?

Didn't want them bums anyway eh?
                You asked for it, and you got it.

And regarding Griezmann....my source inside the club is telling me we enquired about him but he'd already agreed to join Bayern.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                  You asked for it, and you got it.

And regarding Griezmann....my source inside the club is telling me we enquired about him but he'd already agreed to join Bayern.

I reckon you could find a link for any player to any club with your twatter skills

Comment

I reckon you could find a link for any player to any club with your twatter skills
                    My Spanish mate Jose tells me ''Tabloide Sport'' are as reliable as can be.

A front line of Laca and Vietto with Sturridge and Big Divock on the bench is a front four worthy of title winners.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                      My Spanish mate Jose tells me ''Tabloide Sport'' are as reliable as can be.

A front line of Laca and Vietto with Sturridge and Big Divock on the bench is a front four worthy of title winners.
                      You don't think a proven goalscorer is paramount after the season you just had?

Comment

Working...
                      X