This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    You can understand it from a team like Atletico Madrid who have limited resources and literally are the underdogs against two giants in their domestic league.

Chelsea have had unlimited resources for the past decade and they still play like a prime Allardyce's Bolton. In fact, I wonder if Bolton ever surrendered 75% possession at the Reebok lol.

It's pitiful. It can be effective....so is cancer....doesn't mean it's anything to be overly proud of. Football is called "The Beautiful Game" for a reason. And Mourinho's cancer has tried to rid it of that title.

Fabregas will win his first Premiership medal and it won't mean anything to him. He couldn't do it at the two clubs he loved. Joining Chelsea was a cash grab "career move" after being rejected by us.
    Well the Italians were renowned for this playing style for many, many years and this is when the Serie A was a league to not underestimated.
    What use would it be If all good teams play the same style, I'd much rather have the style that is always determined on winning and the fact is Jose does take adjustments from game to game and this is something all great manager should do.

I'm certain no Arsenal fan would lose any sleep If they played on the defensive to get a win which they have done sparsely through this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
      Hmm not sure about hummels mate.. I think he is a bit slow and could be prone to a raping or two from Benteke and the like.. probably better then Smalling though

I don't know much about depay outside of highlights.. were would he fit in

Gundogan is a good talent but injured often..

I just dont want us to be ****ing about and changing the system all the time to accommodate new players.. But I guess we need a new striker to replace Falcao next season.. RVP looks done also
      Plenty of CD in the history of the premier league who were excellent but not very quick. Vidic and Terry come to mind.

Depay is brilliant, he's the one I'm most excited about and if Gundogan is over his back injury and can get back to his form of a couple of years ago, he's an absolute steal at 15M.

Think all these signings pretty much mean we're settled with the 433.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
        Well the Italians were renowned for this playing style for many, many years and this is when the Serie A was a league to not underestimated.
        What use would it be If all good teams play the same style, I'd much rather have the style that is always determined on winning and the fact is Jose does take adjustments from game to game and this is something all great manager should do.

I'm certain no Arsenal fan would lose any sleep If they played on the defensive to get a win which they have done sparsely through this season.
        Arsenal have been less naive and gung-ho away from home in big games this season.

There's a difference between that and parking the bus AT HOME against an injury ravaged United who are about 10 points behind Chelsea. Or trying to hold on against ten man PSG at home. Or what Mourinho tried last season at home to Atletico, playing Azpiliecueta as an extra midfielder. It's some proper puussified ****.

And it's starting to get found out. He's got lucky in the Premiership this season because United are in transition and City have completely collapsed. Arsenal are their closest challengers having had our worst start in about 50 years.

Comment

Arsenal have been less naive and gung-ho away from home in big games this season.

There's a difference between that and parking the bus AT HOME against an injury ravaged United who are about 10 points behind Chelsea. Or trying to hold on against ten man PSG at home. Or what Mourinho tried last season at home to Atletico, playing Azpiliecueta as an extra midfielder. It's some proper puussified ****.

And it's starting to get found out. He's got lucky in the Premiership this season because United are in transition and City have completely collapsed. Arsenal are their closest challengers having had our worst start in about 50 years.
          You might want to have a little look at the league table, the draws and loss tally might go up from now but regardless with 6 games left with one of them being a game in hand the team have out done themselves.
          Whilst I agree the PSG game was a shambles but there hasn't been a lot of big embarrassments, regardless of that every team has upsets.

If everyone played the same way games wouldn't be as competitive and underdogs wouldn't win.
          There is no need to say that because this team has one of the greatest players in the world that it means they should play this style.
          You won't appreciate it because you're the opposition but on the other foot If you had Jose in at Arsenal and he was leading you to the first league title in however many years it'd have been I'm certain you wouldn't be here complaining or giving a **** about the style played.

Comment

You might want to have a little look at the league table, the draws and loss tally might go up from now but regardless with 6 games left with one of them being a game in hand the team have out done themselves.
            Whilst I agree the PSG game was a shambles but there hasn't been a lot of big embarrassments, regardless of that every team has upsets.

If everyone played the same way games wouldn't be as competitive and underdogs wouldn't win.
            There is no need to say that because this team has one of the greatest players in the world that it means they should play this style.
            You won't appreciate it because you're the opposition but on the other foot If you had Jose in at Arsenal and he was leading you to the first league title in however many years it'd have been I'm certain you wouldn't be here complaining or giving a **** about the style played.
            But Chelsea are not fuking underdogs!

Comment

But Chelsea are not fuking underdogs!
              That is beside the point, it's like me saying every world class boxer should fight in a aggressive zero defensive style to give the underdogs a chance.

Comment

• Major trophies won:

Chelsea = 19

Arsenal = 28

/thread

Comment

Dirk would you want Mourhino at Arsenal?

I think United were right in not using him.. he would have been btter then Moyes in the short term. But I dont think he would have lasted or won over the crowd.. most United fans are used to us chucking on an extra striker to kill the game.. not putting on defenders/DM to hang on to a one nil victory vs the likes of hull

Comment

That is beside the point, it's like me saying every world class boxer should fight in a aggressive zero defensive style to give the underdogs a chance.
                    It's not beside the point. Like I said, I understand if bum clubs or real underdogs like Atletico in La Liga play that way. **** Arsenal used to be called "Boring Boring Arsenal" but we didn't have billions at our disposal and were up against a dominant Liverpool team.

Besides Porto, Mourinho has been given endless resources at every club yet still doesn't try to play football. It's pathetic and no I would never want him at my club. Might as well rehire George Graham.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                      Dirk would you want Mourhino at Arsenal?

I think United were right in not using him.. he would have been btter then Moyes in the short term. But I dont think he would have lasted or won over the crowd.. most United fans are used to us chucking on an extra striker to kill the game.. not putting on defenders/DM to hang on to a one nil victory vs the likes of hull
                      I don't know a united fan that doesn't like Mourinho.

Comment

Working...
                      X