This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Adam Larlarnar - wasn't he another of your tips for the top, Sparked?

Never rated the bum.
    It almost certainly was not.

Can you answer my question a few pages ago, tout a player you voyeur!

Comment

• Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
      Turan?

Romos bought that Yellow.
      He sold it, but he shouldn't have even been in that position man. He needs to play safer.

Comment

Well we reached the quarters of the CL that year and basically fuked up through our own arrogance. We were that good and had so much swagger that we thought we'd roll over Chelsea who were our absolute b1tches at the time.

That is the one major fault of those Arsenal teams - the year before the Invincibles, we played just as good football and should have romped the league but we played around with teams too much and didn't finish them off. A bit different from "getting our asses handed to us" as you so idiotically put it.

United got their asses handed to them in many games in the 99 season and pulled it out through a never say die attitude and well frankly a lot of luck. It wasn't because you were necessarily a better team. Bayern played you off the park in that final. So I guess they deserve credit for that.

You're acting like Ferguson created some European Odyssey.
        This arrogance argument again.

Arsenal have a habit of losing big games because they are lacking.

They might have a chance of beating Chelsea this time because they are 10 points behind and the race is all but run - Arsenal are better when it doesn't really matter. But you can guarantee if the teams were level on points Arsenal would be pulling down their trousers and preparing their anus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

They might have a chance of beating Arsenal this time because they are 10 points behind and the race is all but run - Arsenal are better when it doesn't really matter. But you can guarantee if the teams were level on points Arsenal would be pulling down their trousers and preparing their anus.
          I think we were arrogant against Monaco but not overall these days. I think there are fundamental flaws in our current team.

I will tout a player for next season in the summer just like I hit the nail on the head with Giroud.

There was definitely a lot of ****s in here saying Larlarnar should be an automatic starter for England - sounds exactly like something you'd say. Tom Huddlestone

Comment

Arsenal should have won the league that year. We were in the lead for a long way and then Eduardo got his leg broken at Birmingham and we kept getting dodgy refereeing decisions against us.

United were not an entertaining team that year. Outside of C.Ronaldo's goals, they were a pretty functional side. I don't think they beat Arsenal in the league that season either and they lost to Portsmouth in the FA Cup so what does that have to do with anything?
            United were top of the table.by January.. beat Arsenal in the run in.. scored way more and conceded way less.. but Arsenal should have won the league?

Not sure what the point about Portsmouth was..

United played the Invincibles three times and didnt lose once.. absolutely no evidence suggests they would toy with one of United's better teams.. seeing as they have a losing record vs one of fergies worse teams

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

They might have a chance of beating Chelsea this time because they are 10 points behind and the race is all but run - Arsenal are better when it doesn't really matter. But you can guarantee if the teams were level on points Arsenal would be pulling down their trousers and preparing their anus.
              What do you think is the best team of the PL era? Ancellotis chelsea probably? Or one of United's?

Comment

Arsenal should have won the league that year. We were in the lead for a long way and then Eduardo got his leg broken at Birmingham and we kept getting dodgy refereeing decisions against us.

United were not an entertaining team that year. Outside of C.Ronaldo's goals, they were a pretty functional side. I don't think they beat Arsenal in the league that season either and they lost to Portsmouth in the FA Cup so what does that have to do with anything?
                We beat you 2-1 at Old Trafford and 4-0 in the FA Cup that season

Comment

I think we were arrogant against Monaco but not overall these days. I think there are fundamental flaws in our current team.

I will tout a player for next season in the summer just like I hit the nail on the head with Giroud.

There was definitely a lot of ****s in here saying Larlarnar should be an automatic starter for England - sounds exactly like something you'd say. Tom Huddlestone
                  Think Fenemeno was the guy who was really high on Lallana.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                    United were top of the table.by January.. beat Arsenal in the run in.. scored way more and conceded way less.. but Arsenal should have won the league?

Not sure what the point about Portsmouth was..

United played the Invincibles three times and didnt lose once.. absolutely no evidence suggests they would toy with one of United's better teams.. seeing as they have a losing record vs one of fergies worse teams
                    Arsenal were top of the table before that Birmingham game and had a chance to go 5 or 6 points clear I believe.... then one of our in-form players got his leg snapped off - which went along with Ferguson's ethos that to stop Arsenal, you have to kick Arsenal.

I guess if one of your teams kicked us off the park and there wasn't a strong referee, you might have beat the Invincibles. Just like you did when we were 49-0.

Comment

• Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                      We beat you 2-1 at Old Trafford and 4-0 in the FA Cup that season
                      Don't be silly mate Eduardo was the love child of Pele and Davor Suker losing him would cripple any team

Comment

Working...
                      X