Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What big side has taken Chelsea to cleaners?

Not just under Mourinho but any Chelsea manager for the last 15 years?

Sorry lads - some of you are chatting absolute breeze.

I would like to say - when you are on your knees and you are placing your head in your gas oven do NOT take a deep breath. Remove your head from the oven.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Everything?

Chelsea's history in the competition/City's lack thereof.

Chelsea's ability to manage two legs.

Previous meetings between the clubs. We will park the bus and you WILL struggle to score.

City could probably try and manage to claim an Arsenalesque moral victory but they'd be knocked out.

It would be a one-leg shoot out as usual with Chelsea.

Obviously I am bias. But there is nothing to suggest Man City would beat us over two legs. I don't think the bookies would think they would either.
      Fair points I suppose, it's high pressing we've struggled against in Europe though rather than teams that put everyone behind the ball.

In cup ties we've handled you pretty well recently, last couple of years both teams were at full strength and we knocked you out of the cup pretty comfortably both times.

Also the fact that you rarely actually manage to hold a lead against us even when you do put people behind the ball. The only time I can remember in recent years is the 1-0 last year at the Etihad, all the other games we've reeled you back and looked likely to go on and win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kopite7 View Post
        He wins things though, unlike Arsene Wenger. (who by the way has never beaten Jose Mourinho)

Wenger's teams have been dicked over and over again and he never changes his tactics. He makes them play the way he wants to play regardless of who the opposition is and what their tactics are. He is a one trick pony and this has resulted in him having to swallow the D in humiliating style on multiple occasions (6-0, 5-1, 8-1 etc. etc.)

Managers like Rodgers and Mourinho are tactical geniuses who understand that different games required different tactics. Brendan's tactics weren't working earlier in the season so he adapted and now we are a force again. Mourinho identifed that City were stronger due to Costa and Fabregas being missing so he parked the bus and took the point. I see no problem with that.
        Rodgers is a tactical genuis i agree however Brendan would rather lose than play the type of football Mourinho plays to get results.

Rodgers philosophy is we play football the way it should be played, we entertain the masses, we win and we win the right way.

If by chance we happen to lose, we'll lose in a glorious manner.

We'll lose having just treated that football how it deserved to be treated, with kindness, with respect, with glorious manners.

We played the game how it deserved to be played, the beautiful game, we played it the right way, the masses were entertained, the neutrals were gawping in awe at the way we caressed the ball around the green glorious grass of Anfield, the rivals were burning with jealousy at our style of play, yes we may have lost the game but we won the war, the war of hearts up and down the world.

That's the way we lose.

And when we win, well, as long as our performance was great or Brendan is not a happy man.

''We get the ball down and we play'' -

Brendan Rodgers.

Comment

• I have said up until this season that City are a better team than Chelsea.

I don't believe that now. Not our first team XI at any rate.

The fact is Chelsea aren't playing very well at the moment. Which is why people are jumping on the Chelsea are awful bandwagon.

We could play Arsenal 10 times in a row right now and they wouldn't win any. History tells us that.

The only teams that would beat us and get results consistently against us are Man City, and f.ucking Newcastle.

We are fine.
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 02-01-2015, 07:55 AM.

Comment

What big side has taken Chelsea to cleaners?

Not just under Mourinho but any Chelsea manager for the last 15 years?

Sorry lads - some of you are chatting absolute breeze.

I would like to say - when you are on your knees and you are placing your head in your gas oven do NOT take a deep breath. Remove your head from the oven.
            I meant in terms of performance and philosophy.

Take for example the Semi Final against Barcelona, that was one of the most one sided beatdowns i've ever had the pleasure of viewing on a football field, Barca were all over Chelsea.

They missed about three penalites, hit the post about 23 times and were by far and away the better side over both legs.

If that isn't taken to the cleaners then i don't know what is.

However, Chelsea being Chelsea sneaked their way to a win.

In terms of Performance and Philosophy you were taken to the cleaners by Barca. As you do every time you come up against one of the big boys.

You think Real Madrid or Bayern couldn't do that with the defenders they have, if they were small time enough?

You think if Ramos, Varane, Khedira, Carvajal etc all decided to completely remove attacking from their mindsets and defend for their lives they couldn't borefest their way to a CL win every year?

Their philosophy would not allow that. They're way too big of a club to cower away against anyone, as are Liverpool, as are Bayern etc.

We can't allow teams to embarras us like that, we won't allow that on a away pitch let alone at home, we'll go toe to toe, we're big enough to have that mentality, whereas with Chelsea it's like they have the mentality of a Conference side coming up against a Premier League side in the FA Cup, ''shock and awe''.

Can you imagine how the Madridista's or the Kop faithful would react if their sides were playing like Chelsea do, it wouldn't happen.

We're way too big, our philosophies wouldn't allow it.

Comment

I have said up until this season that City are a better team than Chelsea.

The fact is Chelsea aren't playing very well at the moment. Which is why people are jumping on the Chelsea are awful bandwagon.

We could play Arsenal 10 times in a row right now and they wouldn't win any. History tells us that.

The only teams that would beat us and get results consistently against us are Man City, and f.ucking Newcastle.

We are fine.
              Oh ok, that excuses you then.

Go spend another Billion pounds.

Comment

• Dzeko should've been on earlier yesterday. Near enough always finds himself in goalscoring positions in games like that.

Milner/Navas aren't cute enough to thread the needle and Silva/Aguero were knackered from having balls fired in at them for 70 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                  Dzeko should've been on earlier yesterday. Near enough always finds himself in goalscoring positions in games like that.

Milner/Navas aren't cute enough to thread the needle and Silva/Aguero were knackered from having balls fired in at them for 70 minutes.
                  What did those last two corners from Navas do to ya?

They pissed me off and i was watching as a neutral, god knows what they must have done to City fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                    Oh ok, that excuses you then.

Go spend another Billion pounds.
                    I am pretty sure I have stated my belief several time that Chelsea are better than all your teams. And my other belief that actually - we've completed football. So I am pretty laid back.

I don't want us to buy anyone. I don't even want Cuadrado.

We have a pretty dominant youth team. I want some of them in there.

And the fact that Chelsea have the 4th highest wage bill in the league and turned a profit last year counteracts the money bags thing.

Chelsea are actually over-performing in financial terms. If you correlate money spent with success - which is a pragmatic thing to do and the two often intertwine and actually in terms of wages spent - ALWAYS intertwine with success.

Stick with criticising Chelsea's 'philosophy'.

Comment

I have said up until this season that City are a better team than Chelsea.

We are fine.
                      You're in better form than us. We've won 1 game since boxing day.

Actually surprised we're only 5 points behind. We've routinely came back from bigger deficits at much later points of the season so the gap doesn't concern me at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X