X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chicharito View Post
    What is England's youth looking like?

Ferdinand, Terry, Lampard, Beckham, Cole, etc are may not be in the next world cup or at least that will be their last.

Who are good english youths coming up? I know they got embarassed in the two youth world cups that happened.
    The thing is England's best young players have been fast tracked into the first team, Rooney has been playing for England since the age of 17/18, Lennon and Walcott did not play many game for England U21's, aside from that i think Huddlestone, Bentley, Noble, Wilshere, Mancienne, Richards will back up the first team in a few years.

Arsenal have the likes of Gibbs, Lansbury, Frimpong, Murphy, United have Danny Welbeck, Wigan have the kid Victor Moses, Everton Jack Rodwell, Fabian Delph, Nathan Delfouneso from Villa.

England did not really get embarrassed against Germany, although the result looked that way, what happened was England lost their first choice keeper and put the 3rd choice keeper( Loach) between the sticks, he conceded a silly goal, Germany scored again after that but England had not played badly at all, infact they have played quite well despite that clanger from the GK, second half they came out and threw caution to the wind trying to get back in the game and got caught on the break twice, the score line was not a true reflection of the game imo, although Germany did win and deserved to win, mesut ozil was the best player on the pitch.

Comment

• england drew with Uzbekistan in the u20 world cup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chicharito View Post
        england drew with Uzbekistan in the u20 world cup.
        Sounds a bit over the top to say they got embarrassed based on that, ive seen teams like France struggle in the last few years against lesser teams, they needed a gift to get the world cup and its not like Ireland have world class players all over the pitch, if any.

Comment

• The trouble is with some of these players are that they started the season good but then they faded away in the second half of the campaign.

People like Crouch, Heskey, Lennon (though he was injured), Carlton Cole, Jermain Defoe (he's been shocking recently), Cole (got injured) etc.

I think Fabio knows who he is taking but he's saying he doesn't to get the best out of the players. Most of the England starting lineup is guaranteed regardless of form. Rio, Terry, Cole, Lampard, Barry, Gerrard, Rooney are all in there even if they play rubbish. Heskey seems to have his place as well he always gets started. Rob Green will be in goal.

The only places up for grabs are the right wing and right back. I'd say Wes Brown does a better job at RB than Gary Neville but i'd take them both because of our shortage of RB's. Johnson will probably get first choice but he has been shocking this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Vern View Post
            Neither Zamora or Cole will be taken, I'd rather those two over Heskey though.

As for Johnson, I agree. It's always good to have the option of a naturally left footed winger too. Obviously he won't be a starter, but he's more than capable of coming off the bench and making a difference.

Ferdinand's chronic back problems are a worry, for sure. Not to mention the other niggling injuries he's been picking up. And, when he has been fit, his performances have been below par. It's like he's lost a yard of pace, which pains me to say seeing as though I'm a United fan.

As far as Jagielka is concerned, I'm not so sure. He's not played much football this year which would be a concern. I'd like to see Ledley King taken, but he's about as useless as a chocolate tea pot with all his injuries.

I think taking Campbell would be a risk. His form has been good for Arsenal, but he'd get found out by the worlds best.

I'd take Gary Neville too. I already think Glen Johnson is our weak link (in a fully fit back four). He's great going forward, but defensively he's pretty vulnerable. Having G. Nev as back up is a nice option to have.

Out of interest, who would you take as back up for Ashley Cole? Warnock or Baines?
            Personally i think right back, i would not in hell play johnson, hes so bad at defending, against top teams he will get raped.....hes only good because he acts like a 5th midfielder....at least with cashley cole u get a great defender and great attacker...

I think id have Baines, warnock is good, but Baines has been doing his stuff for a few seasons now....Good penalty taker too

As for Right back tho, Im not sure about gary neville....if it came down to it i prefere Wes Brown there, but hes had a hard season with injuries....its gonna be interesting

Comment

• BTW here's something to lol at:

Barcelona ponder swapping Carles Puyol for Newcastle United's Steven Taylor - report

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2559/...castle-uniteds

I'm all for transfer rumours but that's taking it a bit too far haha

Comment

• Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
                Personally i think right back, i would not in hell play johnson, hes so bad at defending, against top teams he will get raped.....hes only good because he acts like a 5th midfielder....at least with cashley cole u get a great defender and great attacker...

I think id have Baines, warnock is good, but Baines has been doing his stuff for a few seasons now....Good penalty taker too

As for Right back tho, Im not sure about gary neville....if it came down to it i prefere Wes Brown there, but hes had a hard season with injuries....its gonna be interesting
                tbh i have my reservations about Johnson to, its just far too easy to get by and him sling cross into the box at times, its as though he does not try hard to defend the cross sometimes, he gets back doored by through passes inside and him and everything, he is excellent going foward though, kinda reminds me of Eboue in that he is poor defensively, although Eboue aint that bad imo, but gets into really dangerous positions offensively.

Baines is an out and out defender which i like but he seems to lack pace, Wes Brown has been steady steady for England at RB, Neville im not sure because i have not seen him play often enough, plus Nevilla has a tendency to back pedal against people who dribble with the ball at him and i dont like that.

Fullback in not such a trivial position imo so its not a huge worry, what is, is how strong our attack is imo.

Comment

• http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fan...it-leaked_6826

Comment

• Well i'm definatley not buying that one if that's real haha.

Edit: http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5...nuhomecopy.jpg

Home kit looks cool if it's true, it's similar to the treble winning shirt.
                    Last edited by Joe2608; 04-27-2010, 06:09 AM.

Comment

• Forgive me for saying this but to me Manchester United shirts of the 2000 era tend to look tacky or cheaply made and are not very fashionable imo.

I think it devalues the United name to, for a club of United's stature they should put more effort into developing a high quality fashionable shirt imo.

I mean how tacky did this shirt look?

I mean as retro as this is if i were a United fan i sonner wear this one, i mean look at the difference between this one and the one above

Comment

Working...
                      X